Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a harpoon in it

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
Woman survives after husband accidentally shoots her in the mouth with harpoon

Rio de Janeiro State Health Department/AP
This May 6, 2013 image released Wednesday, May 8, 2013, by Rio de Janeiro State Health Department, shows the spear that was accidentally shot through the mouth of Elisangela Borborema Rosa, in the coastal city of Arrial do Cabo, Brazil.
By Stan Lehman, The Associated Press
A 28-year-old woman miraculously survived after her husband accidentally shot her in the mouth with a harpoon, Brazilian officials said Wednesday.
The Rio de Janeiro State Health Department said in a statement that the woman's husband was cleaning his spear gun when it went off, firing a harpoon that hit her cervical spine.
Elisangela Borborema Rosa was rushed to the hospital and underwent emergency surgery after Monday's incident in the coastal city of Arraial do Cabo.
The statement quotes neurosurgeon Allan da Costa as saying that the harpoon came within 1 centimeter (less than half an inch) of killing the woman. He said he expects a full recovery.
A police officer in Arrial do Cabo said by telephone that officials are looking into the case.
"Everything indicates it was an accident, but we are investigating. We don't think the husband tried to kill her," said the officer, who cited department policy in declining to let her name be used.
"But once she fully recovers we will be able to question her and get a clearer picture of what happened."
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/...lly-shoots-her-in-the-mouth-with-harpoon?lite

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
A full recovery expected ?
She ain't lookin' too good in that picture

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
WTF I posted something last week in things you find funny about a guy who shot himself in the eye while cleaning his spear gun..I guess is spear fishing season in Rio...thank goodness it wasn't the fishing boom stick.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
He's fucked in any argument they have in the future. She holds the ultimate trump card. He better keep and hide that spear gun.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
WTF I posted something last week in things you find funny about a guy who shot himself in the eye while cleaning his spear gun..I guess is spear fishing season in Rio...thank goodness it wasn't the fishing boom stick.
After I posted it I started thinking that picture looked familiar, but I was too scared to search it out. Now I remember it was an eye shot you posted.

Anyway, it is an epidemic. Ban spear guns now.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
Is that a CGI rendition of what happened or are x-rays that kick ass now?