Latisha gets the show; Earl still doesn't

Nov 5, 2002
Washington D.C.
An intern who's been there for 2 days knew how to play along better on the air today than Earl has since day one. Obviously he's dim but does he really still not get the Ron and Fez show after producing it for 2 years?

TonyBagels

Gemutlichkeit
Feb 15, 2006
Way too f'in busy
Earl doesn't get life, why would he be able to play along? He's not a executive prduer. An exec would stand behind his people, yet motivate them at the same time. Maybe Lilly should get the nod.

SilasMarner

Aug 18, 2006
Canada
An intern who's been there for 2 days knew how to play along better on the air today than Earl has since day one. Obviously he's dim but does he really still not get the Ron and Fez show after producing it for 2 years?
If he was able "to play along", that would erase his role on the show.

I assume that he does understand , but he is an extreme example of someone who is introverted and inarticulate (particularly when joking around).

I believe the show would be much more enjoyable if his "picked-on-incompetent" role was taken by someone who wasn't so painfully dull.

At the least, imo it would be fairer to the interns; who seem to be unfairly losing out on the training that they deserve for their time&effort.

MilkmanDan

Uncontrollable Urge
Jan 13, 2003
Philly
Anyone ever think by not playing along, he's playing along?

watsonnostaw

May 6, 2005
Earl should not be on air as much as he is, however no one is competent enough to run the board the way Ron wants it run

Earl should be on the air as much as Executive Producer Steve C is for Opie and Anthony, not very much, however due to the lackluster staff surrounding ron and fez Earl is basically an on air personality.

Due to Fezzy's breakdowns combined with ESD lack of genuine ability to run the board for 3 hours Big Black Earl is forced to focus on just running the show rather than show prep, content and evaluating the staff in general. When Earl is running the show, the interns and ESD/Pitzy play high school level games.

Earl is not an on air personality but is forced to be due to the staff situation, until the staff abilities improve or replaced the show is what it is, a mess.

I also really miss Dave Free Thursday's