Laundry Question: Getting rid of stains. (No, not that, assholes)

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
Alright, I have a question about laundry. Anyone who's good with getting stains out help me out here.

I have 2 shirts that have stains that are impossible to get out. You see, when I cook bacon, sometimes the grease gets a little jumpy. Some of the bacon grease got on my shirt this morning, which is the second time this has happened. The first shirt that got the grease stains is really bad, but the one I wore this morning just had a few small stains.

My question.

HOW THE FUCK DO I GET THESE STAINS OUT? I've washed the first shirt at least 8 times, and I just got done washing this morning's shirt the second time, and the stains have not come out. They are both sort of dark shirts, so the stains basically show up like I spilled some water on the shirt, but the fucking stain won't go away.

Any advice?

RobeSoup&Tears

Get 'em while they're hot
Aug 16, 2005
Riverdale, New York
Either use scissors to cut it right out or dip it in clorox that way if anyone asks just say you had a grease stain there and now you don't

Actually a good one is those Oxy Powder cleaning agents like these.

Before washing, treat the area with the hottest water that can be used on the fabric...assuming that it's not a dyed shirt you shouldn't get any discoloration.

Grease stains really area a bitch to treat but the trick is to get it early before it sets into the fabric...good luck.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
If they've been through the dryer, those stains are really set in...

Good luck, bro.

MyKneeGrows

A Mean-Spirited Nothing™
Sep 14, 2006
Milwaukee
Try using Brake cleaner. Yes Brake cleaner, as in, automotive brakes. That shit get pen out of carpet, grease out of clothes. It comes in an aerosol can. It works.

Jan 6, 2006
I defeat this problem by not wearing shirts.

Myhairygrundle

Screw you guys, I'm going home.
Jul 16, 2005
Texas
Take it to the dry cleaners and let the chinaman get it out.

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
The shirt I wore this morning is fine, probably because I washed it immediately.

But the brown shirt, the one that's had the stains for awhile, is pretty much unfixable, as the stains have set in. Argh.

Chin nuts

Your breath smells like a dead baby's coffin.
Mar 17, 2006
Island Park, NY
Once oil or grease set especially if you've subjected the stain to heat drying it's permanent. Even if you were to dye the shirt a darker color you'll still see the oil where it was originally. Next time if you get oil based stain take it to the dry cleaner if you want to experiment your self try lighter fluid on the area let air dry and launder you might get lucky.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
Once oil or grease set especially if you've subjected the stain to heat drying it's permanent. Even if you were to dye the shirt a darker color you'll still see the oil where it was originally. Next time if you get oil based stain take it to the dry cleaner if you want to experiment your self try lighter fluid on the area let air dry and launder you might get lucky.
He has Chin in his name, I'd believe him

Any tips on blood stains? (Seriously...)

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
Next time, take the shirt off and Shout it out. No, you're not going to stand there yelling at the stain (I hear the comments already)...get Shout gel and apply it right away. Get it into the wash asap ... that's what I do and with the exception of the one time I didn't get it to the laundry fast enough the stains all came out.

Someone once told me to make a baking soda paste to absorb the oil but I can't vouch for that working.

Deadbent

You can go fuck.
Aug 19, 2005
Chicago, IL. Southside, stupid.
He has Chin in his name, I'd believe him

Any tips on blood stains? (Seriously...)
For small blood stains, while fresh on fabric :

This shouldn't schieve you out, unless it's someone elses blood.
Take the fabric that's stained, hold it up to your lips. Use your mouth to propel the saliva through it, forcing it through the fabric, then back out. repeating the process. Something about the enzyme level in your saliva breaking down your own blood and dilluting it, because of similar ph levels.

Also, for larger stains, fresh or dried. Hydrogen Peroxide.
Let it bubble away, you'd have to repeat this process a bunch, depending on the level of blood saturation.

To remove it from concrete, walls, etc.
Also to eliminate phosphorus traces under UV light. (you know, after the visible clean up, you can still see the traces and "stains" under black light)

You need a solution of water and sodium peroxide. (Sodium peroxide is a bit harder to get a hold of, but it's readily and legally available if one looks)

worst comes to worse

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
Try using Brake cleaner. Yes Brake cleaner, as in, automotive brakes. That shit get pen out of carpet, grease out of clothes. It comes in an aerosol can. It works.
ahhhh beat me too it, electic contact cleaner works also, something that is an evaporateing degreaser

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
It is not a sin to get rid of a dirty stain.

Nov 29, 2006
FL
Soak the entire shirt in bacon grease. The stain will then blend in.

MAV

Nov 23, 2005
Denver, CO
oxy clean takes most of the oil stains out of my clothes. not bad really

izzy izkowitz

Chris Hansen is my hero
May 23, 2007
keep a tide to go stick and hit that splatter right away before it get a chance to set in.

Dec 25, 2005
NJ
Oxy clean rocks. Since you dried it, you're pretty much screwed tho...

Thanks for the brake/contact cleaner idea! never thought of that.

NotSoFast

Apr 23, 2006
Thibodaux, LA USA
Shout in the aerosol can works every time for me. Sray it on the stain and let it sit about 5 minutes. Wash as usual. Even works if you have unsucessfully washed it first.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
Sure you're not trying to get lube, blood and shit stains out of a bunny suit? :D