LCD/Plasma TV Mounting

Hey fellas,

I bought an HDTV months ago but I now want to have it mounted. I picked up a flat screen TV mount that's part of a table for other devices.

Well, when I put it together I was thinking that maybe it would come with generic sizes of bolts to fit most TVs so you can fasten the mounting racks to the back of the flat screen.

Unfortunately it didn't come with those bolts. My TV has tapped holes on the back for mounting but the TV didn't come with bolts in place.

So, I'm wondering if any of you have mounted your TVs and what the sizes of the bolts are. There are two sizes on the back of my TV but I need to go with the larger ones. From the look of it the holes look to be around 5''/16 or a metric size 6 or so.

I just want to know if you fellas know for sure if one of those is the size of bolt I need to get tomorrow while I have a day off.

Well I measured the holes and it looks like they are 8mm metric. So, I will go buy some bolts of that size and I will try them out.

BigWilly

Just thoughts, no prayers.
When I mounted my LCD, the mounting kit came with about 4-5 different sizes of bolts. I figured none of them would work, but luckily one size did. Not sure what size, I was just happy I didn't have to take the SOB back. Best thing I've done, makes the living room look much better.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
I went to look but couldn't find where I put the bolts from our plasma TV mount. It used to be wall mounted and acted flaky, like it was overheating so I took it down and now it's freestanding.

I went to look but couldn't find where I put the bolts from our plasma TV mount. It used to be wall mounted and acted flaky, like it was overheating so I took it down and now it's freestanding.
Yeah I could imagine that if there wasn't enough space between the TV and the wall.

But this is hanging from a swiveling arm that has complete ventilation. You can turn it to whatever side of the room you want, like if I am going to be cooking in the kitchen, it would let me watch TV without a loss of picture due from extreme angles.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
It was strange because there was 6"-8" between the TV and the wall. But, it started acting wacky so I pulled it down. It's been 2 years and it's been fine ever since.

Mine came with different size bolts. You attach the arms to the tv and then hang it on the wall mount. You should go back to the store and make sure they didn't give you a kit in which they took the bolts out for someone else. Sometimes they will open a package and take parts and forghet to mark them.

thelord68

There's always time for lubricant
Check the manual for your set - it should list the dimensions of the mounting holes. Go online to the manufacturer's website if you can't find your book.

It is very possible that it is 8mm, but you also need to get the thread pitch as well.

Check the manual for your set - it should list the dimensions of the mounting holes. Go online to the manufacturer's website if you can't find your book.

It is very possible that it is 8mm, but you also need to get the thread pitch as well.
Yeah, I looked at the manual but it doesn't list the size of the bolts needed for the larger threaded holes. It just shows you how to take off the little stand on the bottom for when it is mounted.

I think they would rather have customers buy their wall mounts with the kits instead of just letting people know what they need for other mounts.

I'm actually about to go to the store to buy some 8mm bolts that are approx 1 3/4'' long so I can use a spacer, washers and a locking washer.

The 8mm bolts fit perfectly into the back of the TV. I'll take a photo and post is after I move everything into the new table.

After I got my 8mm bolts I finally moved everything onto the new entertainment table.

The photo sucks from the phone but I don't feel like going out to my truck to get my real camera.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
nice hang job. mounting a tv is never easy, thats why ya need one of these

only $2999 how many do ya want?