Led Zeppelin "Celebration Day" (2007 Reunion Concert) Out 11/19

Feb 5, 2003
With a stranger
I don't know how I didn't hear about this already. I saw an article about their press conference today but they announced it on September 13. I don't see a thread about it, so I figured I might as well start one.

It'll be available in a bunch of formats:

2 CD
2 CD, 1 DVD
2 CD, 2 DVD (2nd DVD is bonus footage of rehearsals)
2 CD, 1 Blu Ray
2 CD, 1 Blu Ray, 1 DVD (DVD is bonus footage)
3 LP vinyl
Blu Ray audio
Digital audio

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Shit i forgot about that. Gotta remember to go tomorrow night.

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
I'm a fan, but almost all of the old live stuff I've seen, Plant sounds horrendous. I imagine this isn't a huge improvement.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
You imagine wrong. While he was the weakest part, he sounded pretty damn good. Better than when I saw him live 20 years ago. It was really an incredible experience. The movie theater was PACKED, and about three songs in they cranked the sound up in the theater. People were singing along and cheering. Normally that would annoy me, but it was awesome tonight. Such a shame that they don't have it in them to do a full tour.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
Dec 4, 2005
New Jersey
You imagine wrong. While he was the weakest part, he sounded pretty damn good. Better than when I saw him live 20 years ago. It was really an incredible experience. The movie theater was PACKED, and about three songs in they cranked the sound up in the theater. People were singing along and cheering. Normally that would annoy me, but it was awesome tonight. Such a shame that they don't have it in them to do a full tour.
I get the impression that all of them....Page, Jones, and especially Plant....are totally fed up with the Zepplin thing as far as any more reunions shows or tours. They had their time, it's over Johnnie.

Feb 5, 2003
With a stranger
I get the impression that all of them....Page, Jones, and especially Plant....are totally fed up with the Zepplin thing as far as any more reunions shows or tours. They had their time, it's over Johnnie.
From what I'd heard, everyone but Plant was on board with a reunion tour after the O2 concert. Plant has made some comments in the past about being done playing rock music and I read somewhere that the Page/Plant deal ended because he didn't like doing huge tours anymore. Page was supposedly ready to turn Page/Plant into Zeppelin back then with Jason Bonham but Plant balked. If that's true, I'm sure John Paul Jones was more than a little pissed at him.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
From what I'd heard, everyone but Plant was on board with a reunion tour after the O2 concert. Plant has made some comments in the past about being done playing rock music and I read somewhere that the Page/Plant deal ended because he didn't like doing huge tours anymore. Page was supposedly ready to turn Page/Plant into Zeppelin back then with Jason Bonham but Plant balked. If that's true, I'm sure John Paul Jones was more than a little pissed at him.
Correctomundo. Plant is the only one keeping them from reuniting full time. The others don't like to talk about it as they don't want to be seen as pathetic, nor do they want to accidentally say anything that might piss off Plant and put any future possibilities in jeopardy. JPJ was as pissed about the whole Page/Plant thing as Plant was at the Coverdale/Page thing from what I remember.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
Dec 4, 2005
New Jersey
Plant is a craggy-faced old man at this point who can barely sing the old material anymore. Why even consider yet another reunion? It's over now, let it go LZ fans. You can always go back to the original albums and concert footage whenever you want.

God, can you imagine if Lennon wasn't killed and George was still alive, the non stop "when are the Beatles getting back together??" stories and rumors?

Feb 5, 2003
With a stranger
Correctomundo. Plant is the only one keeping them from reuniting full time. The others don't like to talk about it as they don't want to be seen as pathetic, nor do they want to accidentally say anything that might piss off Plant and put any future possibilities in jeopardy. JPJ was as pissed about the whole Page/Plant thing as Plant was at the Coverdale/Page thing from what I remember.
Yeah, he even thanked the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for remembering his phone number during their induction (which took place just after Page/Plant UnLedded special). Plant had some nasty comments about Coverdale/Page even during the Page/Plant reunion. I remember an interview where they were asked if they were going to play any solo material on the reunion tour and Plant said he didn't think his would work (they did end up playing an awesome version of "Calling to You" every night) but maybe they could play something of Page's like "Living on a Prayer." The funny thing is, they wound up playing a great version of "Shake My Tree" from the Coverdale/Page album every night, too.

Feb 5, 2003
With a stranger
Plant is a craggy-faced old man at this point who can barely sing the old material anymore. Why even consider yet another reunion? It's over now, let it go LZ fans. You can always go back to the original albums and concert footage whenever you want.

God, can you imagine if Lennon wasn't killed and George was still alive, the non stop "when are the Beatles getting back together??" stories and rumors?
I saw Page and Plant on their UnLedded/No Quarter tour and they were amazing. There were certain songs that Plant never snag live like he did on the album even when the songs were new, but he still made them sound good. I'd love the chance to see a full Zeppelin reunion, but I'll settle for this release. I'd really like to see a full concert release of one of their early shows. The stuff onthe Led Zeppelin DVD was outstanding in terms of both the performances and the sound quality.