Led Zeppelin discuss new tour plans - Band to meet to meet this month for discussions

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Hope is still alive...

Led Zeppelin discuss new tour plans - Band to meet to meet this month for discussions
Jan 10, 2008
The members of Led Zeppelin are set to reconvene this month to discuss possible touring plans.

The band, who played a reunion show on December 10 last year at London’s O2 Arena, are rumoured to play further live dates this year.

Speaking to Rolling Stone, bassist John Paul Jones said: “There is a band meeting in January. It could be fun to do more stuff.”

He went on to describe the day of the reunion gig.

“I sat around playing banjo all day,” he said. “It calms me down. For every show we've ever done, there is always hype, expectancy."

He added: “For us, it was just, ‘Let's get on and do it.’ Obviously, there was quite a reception when we did get out there.”

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I am now erect for the second time today...

Feb 5, 2003
With a stranger
That would be sweet. Hopefully, they'll at least decide to release the O2 show on DVD if they aren't going to tour--but a tour would be amazing. Since Plant's on tour for his recent album in May, a tour probably won't happen until mid-summer, so there's time to start saving money and selling kidneys.

Oct 5, 2004
jersey
:siren Update: not going to happen until at least September.

Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page said Monday he was ready to take the iconic band on a world tour after burning up the stage at last month's reunion concert in London. But it probably won't be before September.

He said the band, which formed in 1968, was ready musically to get back together and take it out on a wider run, but it was not clear when it would go on tour as the singer had other plans.

"Robert Plant has a parallel project and he is busy with that until September," Page said.

Plant and bluegrass star Alison Krauss will begin their world tour with a run of shows in the southern U.S. this spring. The two released an album in October called "Raising Sand" that debuted at No. 2 on the Billboard chart in the U.S. The duo will tour Europe in May before returning for North American shows still to be announced for June and July.
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iQlG0qHki1X2sn6aHtXPooGeBU7AD8UES76O0

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
I can wait until September... I've been waiting all these years.

Time to start saving $$ now.

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Plant hints at full Led Zeppelin tour

28/01/2008 - 2:14:48 PM

Robert Plant has further fuelled speculation Led Zeppelin will launch a full reunion tour this year - by replying "you never know" when asked if the road show is going ahead.

The singer and bandmates Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham played a one-off gig at a tribute to Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun in London last month, and stories about a full tour have been rampant ever since.

Last week, fansite Royal-Orleans.com reported guitarist Jimmy Page will hold a meeting with the media at the Park Hyatt Hotel in Shinjyuku on Monday.

And, on Friday, after being asked at a New York basketball game if Led Zeppelin will tour, Plant cryptically replied, "You never know what is around the corner."
At least he's no longer acting like he doesn't want to do it. He's being coy with the media, which is something he's done in the past.

I'm starting to really believe it's for real this time.

Feb 5, 2003
With a stranger
I don't know how much this means--if it means anything at all--but XM's newsletter says that they're bringing XM Led back later this year. They started the channel to coincide with the release of Mothership and the remasterd Song Remains the Same CD and DVD and the reunion gig in London, so maybe bringing it back later this year is going to coincide with some sort of tour announcement. They don't generally devote an entire channel to one artist unless there's some sort of reissue or announcement (like giving the kid toucher a channel because it's the anniversary of Thriller).

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Interesting...

If it ends up being at the end of '08 or in '09, that's more time to save the cash for tix.

I plan on going to as many shows as possible (within reason).

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Now, I am beyond pissed:

Plant said to nix Led Zep tour

Robert Plant has said no to an offer of 100 million pounds -- about $200 million U.S. -- for Led Zeppelin to tour, saying he prefers to leave the band's November reunion in London as the final word on its legacy, according to England's Sunday Mirror.

The paper quotes sources close to the band saying that while guitarist Jimmy Page and bassist John Paul Jones were supportive of a hotly anticipated Zeppelin reunion tour on the heels of last fall's performance, Plant would rather focus on, among other non-Zeppelin interests, his recent collaboration with Alison Krauss, "Raising Sand," for which the two will be on tour starting April 19 in Louisville, Ky.

The tour stops in L.A. at the Greek Theatre on June 23 and 24 and at the Santa Barbara Bowl on June 25.

According to the report, Plant has nixed any additional performances by Led Zeppelin. "Despite the enormous offer, the decision did not come down to money," the Sunday Mirror quoted an anonymous source. "They always said they would do the one-off show and then see how they felt.... [Plant] has other commitments and is happier looking forward to those."

Mother Shucker

I'm over here now.
Oct 13, 2004
Your Mom's box.
Fuck ole' lion head. Over rated jizz bucket. They should tour with the guy from The Firm/Bad company (who's name right now obviously escapes me). If that mother fucker can fill in for Freddy Mercury, he sure as hell can fill in for that giant headed douche.

jackjack

May 12, 2007
Daytona Beach
Fuck ole' lion head. Over rated jizz bucket. They should tour with the guy from The Firm/Bad company (who's name right now obviously escapes me). If that mother fucker can fill in for Freddy Mercury, he sure as hell can fill in for that giant headed douche.
Is that David Coverdale? The guy Page already did an album with?
That would be a great concert, but it wouldn't be zeppelin with only Jimmy and the guy who doesn't matter left as originals.
It needs to be lion head on vocals even if he isn't good any more to be Zeppelin.

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Is that David Coverdale? The guy Page already did an album with?
That would be a great concert, but it wouldn't be zeppelin with only Jimmy and the guy who doesn't matter left as originals.
It needs to be lion head on vocals even if he isn't good any more to be Zeppelin.
The guy who doesn't matter?

Any true Zeppelin fan understands and appreciates the contributions of John Paul Jones.

Ronreddog

Unofficial O&A Twitter Tough Guy
May 11, 2007
Sunny Florida
The guy who doesn't matter?

Any true Zeppelin fan understands and appreciates the contributions of John Paul Jones.
Quoted for truth!

John Paul Jones is an underrated keyboard player, and it does sadden me that I will NEVER get to see my favorite band!

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
He's more than a keyboard player. He plays like 33 instruments, and does the whole composer/director thing...

And, I am really pissed off. I hope this is just b.s. and isn't true.

Feb 5, 2003
With a stranger
Until there's an official announcement, I won't believe anything I read--good or bad. If the year ends without a tour announcement, then I'll assume that it's definitely over, though.

He's more than a keyboard player. He plays like 33 instruments, and does the whole composer/director thing...

And, I am really pissed off. I hope this is just b.s. and isn't true.

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
I'm watching Led Zeppelin live on VH1CLS... It's pretty good... on for another hour. It's a bunch of concert footage.