Lee Iacocca DEAD

Atomic Fireball

Donator
Federal government pledges $3.3B bailout to pay for his funeral

Biff Hardslab

I have the t-shirt
We had to read his book in my “Intro to Business” class in high school. I learned more about the Mustang than I knew and more about the Chrysler K Car than I wanted to.

mascan42

Seeing the Punisher play him in a movie was the last straw.

Opie&JimmyShow

Donator
Lee was a visionary. He saved two companies. People thought Ford's best days were behind them and he introduced the Mustang. The products he put forth by Chrysler revolutionized the car industry. The mini-van alone would have been enough to cement Lee's legacy.

Mustang
Mini-van

Both still in high demand today.

Stig

Fucking your mother.
Lee was a visionary. He saved two companies. People thought Ford's best days were behind them and he introduced the Mustang. The products he put forth by Chrysler revolutionized the car industry. The mini-van alone would have been enough to cement Lee's legacy.

Mustang
Mini-van

I tried my hand at selling cars for about a month at a Chrysler dealer in 1986, right about the time the minivan came out. At the time, you could hardly give away a Chrysler product, except for the minivan, which we could actually get away with charging above MSRP for because they were so insanely popular. Created an entire class of vehicle with that one.

Oh, and the obligatory wackbag comment: "I guess God needed a hot, new product line to revive the company."

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
My parents had both a K-car and a Chrysler minivan when I was a kid in the 80s. Did I mention that they are cheap?

The guy changed the industry.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

domelogic

An eighties icon. The family makes a great hotdog. Definitely one of the biggest, if not the biggest, names to come out of my home town.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
I could've sworn he died years ago

Also the first car I drove around for awhile after I got my DL was my parents blue 81 Dodge Aries. AM radio, stalled when you made hard right turns and had the sex appeal and performance of a forklift

ysr50

Donator

Mustang
Mini-van

The Mustang was the first "pony car". After it was introduced every other manufacturer had to build something that fit into this new category, for a while at least the competition created some legendary American cars and they are still being built today with basically the same formula. Small, light, 4 seat, 2 door car with a V8.

Last edited:

Bobobie

He should be forever vilified for the K-Car and starting the whole Minivan thing.

Opie&JimmyShow

Donator
He should be forever vilified for the K-Car and starting the whole Minivan thing.
People don't realize that the K-Car was a HUGE money maker for Chrysler too. My Uncle had the LeBaron. The digital dash and turbo made for a very sporty 80's cruiser. The 5th Ave was a nice luxury boat, highway cruiser too with it's V 8, comfy ride and plush leather seats. There was also the more modern Park Ave. They were nice cars for the era.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
I forgot about the K-Car. The first one that comes to mind was Prinicipal Rooney's light Blue Dodge Aries that gets towed away in front of Ferris Bueller's house. Looking back, they certainly weren't the flashiest of cars, but they were the American answer to more fuel efficient vehicles to compete with Honda and Toyota.

My dad had one of the large Dodge Ram conversion vans (86?) that had the two captains chairs in the middle and like a couch that turned into a bed in the back. I remember it had a 4-drink holder stand that attached to the floor in the middle. It was great for road trips because I could literally walk around in it. And he got rid of it for a Dodge Grand Caravan with the fake wood paneling on the side. I hated it...and that awkward bench seat in the middle that can fit almost three people, but not really.

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.

Mustang
Mini-van

For a child-hater like me these are the finest cars in existence. You can either drown a shit load of kids at once in a minivan. And Mustangs only run right when you are running down piles of children on the side of a street race.

Opie&JimmyShow

Donator
For a child-hater like me these are the finest cars in existence. You can either drown a shit load of kids at once in a minivan. And Mustangs only run right when you are running down piles of children on the side of a street race.
I use minivans as cargo Van's soooooooo there is that 2.

Sent from your Mom's box.

Or, if your best buddy is a rancid shitheap of a person, you can always crash in your minivan in the parking lot of his apartment building.