Left Behind Series Reboot, This Time with Cage Instead of Cameron

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/vic-armstrong-direct-left-behind-reboot-381323

Stunt Icon Vic Armstrong to Direct Nicolas Cage in 'Left Behind' (Exclusive)

The legendary stunt coordinator is in negotiations to direct Nicolas Cage in what producers hope will be a new trilogy of movies.

Legendary stunt coordinator and second-unit director Vic Armstrong is making a very rare jump into the director’s chair for the rebooted Left Behind movie.
Armstrong is in negotiations to direct Nicolas Cage, who is making a deal to star in what producers hope will be a new trilogy based on the mega-successful Christian-themed books written by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins.

Paul Lalonde, who was one of the producers of the original, independently made series that starred Kirk Cameron, is producing the action thriller with Michael Walker. Jay David Williams of Family Screen Partners is exec producing.

The movies were political thrillers that focused on the End of Days and the Rapture. Those Christian beliefs are again the focal point of the new movie, but the story will be more in the mold of a classic disaster film. The plot unfolds during the first few hours after the Rapture and focuses on the survivors.

Producers are working with a budget in the $15 million range and are aiming to shoot the first movie in spring 2013 in Baton Rouge, La.

Armstrong is an icon in the stunts and second-unit circles. He was Harrison Ford’s stunt double in Raiders of the Lost Ark (he’s the guy that goes flying head first out of the movie truck, then moments later slides underneath it using his whip) and Christopher Reeve's double in Superman and Superman II before turning to designing death-defying feats and action sequences.

His work encompasses stunt and second-unit work on Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, the original Total Recall, the Pierce Brosnan James Bond movies, Mission: Impossible III, Thor and The Amazing Spider-Man.

While he directed a couple of episodes of The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, the only time the Gersh-repped Armstrong has ever directed a feature was in the early 1990s when he helmed the Dolph Lundgren action movie Army of One.

Atomic Fireball

Donator
Jul 26, 2005
Good ol' Nick, exploring uncharted new territories of will-do-anything-for-a-paycheck. I hear Brendan Fraiser is narrating a remake of Triumph of the Will.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
I was a bible thumper back when the books first came out and thought they were the bees knees. Then the 7 book series turned into a "Lets make as much money as possible with as many new installments as possible" endeavor and I quit. Never saw the first movie but I dont imagine this reboot will see the light of day. Hudson blames the Jews.

DrewDown

All are welcome
May 3, 2010
Ohio
I was a bible thumper back when the books first came out and thought they were the bees knees. Then the 7 book series turned into a "Lets make as much money as possible with as many new installments as possible" endeavor and I quit. Never saw the first movie but I dont imagine this reboot will see the light of day. Hudson blames the Jews.
This is the single most shocking thing I have ever seen posted on wackbag. Wow.

fletcher

Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
This is the single most shocking thing I have ever seen posted on wackbag. Wow.
You got beef, nigga?

I was a corrupted youth, I kind of spun out the other way. It happens.

DrewDown

All are welcome
May 3, 2010
Ohio
No beef, pal. Just didn't expect it.

Peace be with you.

Sunsetspawn

Dec 5, 2005
So would this be Christianity's Battlefield Earth?

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
We have trailer and Chad Michael Murray!

Production values are top notch

fletcher

Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
I thought this was fake...

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Did anyone read the book(s)? I've seen them mentioned, but I have no idea if they're good.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I hope there's a scene where Nicolas Cage screams, "No! Not the Rapture! Not the Rapture! Oh god, it's in my eyes!"

fletcher

Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Did anyone read the book(s)? I've seen them mentioned, but I have no idea if they're good.
*raises hand*

Christianfletcher read the first... 6? Utter tripe. The story about the Antichrist coming back after the rapture was just pathetic. iirc it was supposed to be 6 books but they milked it to ten or more? I honestly dont remember and dont care to google it.

Edit: Just did anyway, 16 fucking books? Jesus christ... (irony intended)

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
*raises hand*

Christianfletcher read the first... 6? Utter tripe. The story about the Antichrist coming back after the rapture was just pathetic. iirc it was supposed to be 6 books but they milked it to ten or more? I honestly dont remember and dont care to google it.

Here are my questions:

1. What made you accept Jesus Christ as your savior?

2. What made you drop Him like a prom date that doesn't put out?

fletcher

Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Here are my questions:

1. What made you accept Jesus Christ as your savior?

2. What made you drop Him like a bad prom date?
1.) Proper indoctrination from a young age. As I got older I made a lot of friends with a lot of church people my age and did a lot of fun stuff over the years. It stuck even more because I went to a small Catholic school and never really made many friends so I was an primed to become an antisocial weirdo. Mission accomplished.
2.) I came to my senses and realized that it was all just bullshit and I started to hate myself for getting roped in so hard. Some of the shit that came out of my mouth back then still gives me major cringes. Now Im a proper heathen and just trying to forget all that bullshit.

fletcher

Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Any examples that come to mind?
I knew you were going to ask and there is no way in hell Im going throw myself under the bus that hard. Just know they were bad. Really bad.

I did pass a lot of religion tests with "Because God loves us all" as the answer to any random questions. Imagine the church catechism classes with answers a million times more douchey.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I knew you were going to ask and there is no way in hell Im going throw myself under the bus that hard. Just know they were bad. Really bad.
At least tell us what specific flavor of Christian you were. Were you a Christian rock type, a 700 Club viewer, perhaps a megachurch attendee?

fletcher

Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
At least tell us what specific flavor of Christian you were. Were you a Christian rock type, a 700 Club viewer, perhaps a megachurch attendee?
Lutheran, small church, christian rocker, and all around dunce. I wasnt preachy with it or a braggart, which should have told me that my conviction wasnt strong to begin with. Even when I was a praying type the megachurches embarrassed me. One popped up next to the highway here and all I could do was just roll my eyes. 700 Club is for old people and the megachurch sheep.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
*raises hand*

So they are actually Christian books? I mean I know they're based on biblical predictions, but do they have a "message" and all that nonsense?

fletcher

Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
So they are actually Christian books? I mean I know they're based on biblical predictions, but do they have a "message" and all that nonsense?
Big time. They are all about the survivors "finding jebus" and shit and big time in christian book stores (yeah, I have been to more than one). One of the writers was or is a big time evangelical I think.