BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
X-Men-Connected TV Series Legion Officially Coming to FX
Share.
Debuting in early 2017.
By Alex Osborn

Legion is officially making its way to TV, as FX has picked up the X-Men-related television series for its first season.

Season 1 will span a total of eight episodes, with production scheduled to being within the next few months in Vancouver. The show will make its debut on FX in early 2017.

Legion tells the story of David Haller, a "young man who may be more than human." After visiting a number of psychiatric hospitals in the hopes of remedying a mental illness, Haller comes to the realization that the voices and visions filling his head may be more than just figments of his imagination. In the comics, David, AKA Legion, is the son of Professor X, though it remains to see how much the TV series directly delves into this.

Dan Stevens in Legion.

The series stars Dan Stevens (Downton Abbey, The Guest) as David, and also includes Rachel Keller (Fargo), Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation), Jean Smart (Fargo), Jeremie Harris (A Walk Among the Tombstones), Amber Midthunder (Hell or High Water), Katie Aselton (The League) and Bill Irwin (Interstellar). Fargo's Noah Hawley is executive producing and wrote the pilot episode. The show is also executive produced by Lauren Shuler Donner, Bryan Singer, Simon Kinberg, Jeph Loeb, Jim Chory and John Cameron and is the first series to boast a partnership between Marvel TV and Fox, who make the X-Men movies - Marvel and FX Productions are producing Legion together.

"Marvel Television is thrilled to not only have our first partnership with FX go to series, but working with the enormously talented Noah Hawley makes it even better," said Executive Producer/Marvel TV head Jeph Loeb, in a statement. "From the first time we heard Noah's vision to his exceptional script and cast through the extraordinary filming of the pilot, we knew the series would be incredible."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05...-coming-to-fx?abthid=574e1ff041619a1a6d000025

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
X-Men-Connected TV Series Legion Officially Coming to FX
Share.
Debuting in early 2017.
By Alex Osborn

Legion is officially making its way to TV, as FX has picked up the X-Men-related television series for its first season.

Season 1 will span a total of eight episodes, with production scheduled to being within the next few months in Vancouver. The show will make its debut on FX in early 2017.

Legion tells the story of David Haller, a "young man who may be more than human." After visiting a number of psychiatric hospitals in the hopes of remedying a mental illness, Haller comes to the realization that the voices and visions filling his head may be more than just figments of his imagination. In the comics, David, AKA Legion, is the son of Professor X, though it remains to see how much the TV series directly delves into this.

Dan Stevens in Legion.

The series stars Dan Stevens (Downton Abbey, The Guest) as David, and also includes Rachel Keller (Fargo), Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation), Jean Smart (Fargo), Jeremie Harris (A Walk Among the Tombstones), Amber Midthunder (Hell or High Water), Katie Aselton (The League) and Bill Irwin (Interstellar). Fargo's Noah Hawley is executive producing and wrote the pilot episode. The show is also executive produced by Lauren Shuler Donner, Bryan Singer, Simon Kinberg, Jeph Loeb, Jim Chory and John Cameron and is the first series to boast a partnership between Marvel TV and Fox, who make the X-Men movies - Marvel and FX Productions are producing Legion together.

"Marvel Television is thrilled to not only have our first partnership with FX go to series, but working with the enormously talented Noah Hawley makes it even better," said Executive Producer/Marvel TV head Jeph Loeb, in a statement. "From the first time we heard Noah's vision to his exceptional script and cast through the extraordinary filming of the pilot, we knew the series would be incredible."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05...-coming-to-fx?abthid=574e1ff041619a1a6d000025
Do they have any idea what timeline this is going to be set in or is it going to be completely divorced from everything else?

Whatever. FX. Noah Hawley. I'm in.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Do they have any idea what timeline this is going to be set in or is it going to be completely divorced from everything else?

Whatever. FX. Noah Hawley. I'm in.
From what I've read, they have no plans to connect it to the movies.

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
TARS and Aubrey Plaza! I'm interested.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005

Looks interesting. I'm in. Inner.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle

Dec 12, 2007
I'm not going to watch, but I can see how Legion would make an interesting show.

Guy has 100 or something personalities in his head and they each have their own power. He's also a bit of a wacko as a result.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
I'm not going to watch, but I can see how Legion would make an interesting show.

Guy has 100 or something personalities in his head and they each have their own power. He's also a bit of a wacko as a result.
I do find it interesting that, unlike many other series, this will have direct ties to future movies.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I do find it interesting that, unlike many other series, this will have direct ties to future movies.
Will it? Because originally I heard no. And the X verse is a mess.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
Will it? Because originally I heard no. And the X verse is a mess.
If 20th Century Fox does that, they may just be as stupid as Warner Brothers are when it comes to some of their decisions.

Speaking of the X verse, X-Men (2000) was on yesterday while I was at gym. It really reminded me how there has been no growth with that franchise in the past 16 years. It also put into perspective how much Marvel has accomplished in half that time.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
If 20th Century Fox does that, they may just be as stupid as Warner Brothers are when it comes to some of their decisions.

Speaking of the X verse, X-Men (2000) was on yesterday while I was at gym. It really reminded me how there has been no growth with that franchise in the past 16 years. It also put into perspective how much Marvel has accomplished in half that time.
Hard to grow when there's a decade between each movie. And next one is going to be in the 90s, so they have to play Two Princes because life is garbage.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Aug 16, 2006
The Oh-See, Fuck-Asses
Hard to grow when there's a decade between each movie. And next one is going to be in the 90s, so they have to play Two Princes because life is garbage.
Mr. Sinister: "Finally... you bow down to ME, Scott Summers!"
Cyclops: "I get knocked down... but I get up again... You're never going to keep me down."

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Cyclops: "I get knocked down... but I get up again... You're never going to keep me down."
Well...thank you for those douche chills....

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Being a mutant. Is it a blessing? Is it a curse? Well I'd call it a semi-charmed kind of life.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
The homage:

mascan42

Aug 26, 2002
Ronkonkoma, Long Island
Anybody watching this? The premiere was visually brilliant and had this weird Kubrick-meets-Wes-Anderson vibe to it. Time will tell if the story is up to the same standards.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
Anybody watching this? The premiere was visually brilliant and had this weird Kubrick-meets-Wes-Anderson vibe to it. Time will tell if the story is up to the same standards.
It's too early say. They used an entire episode for his backstory with virtually no explanation about Jean Smart and her goon squad of Mutants. FX was willing to invest an entire season on Preachers backstory, so this could be a good thing.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
My Cable doesn't have the FX. I have to wait till it streams.