Legos

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
'cuz, damn it, Legos.

The first submission

Droid control ship:

This is a stunning 30,000 piece LEGO replica of the Star Wars Droid Control Ship. It took builder Paul Yperman two years and a small fortune in LEGO bricks to construct. However, it did not take a pyrotechnics license. Boooooooooooooooo!! FIREWORKS SHIP NEEDS MORE FIREWORKS.
Some years ago I walked into a second hand book shop and I bought a Star Wars Cross sections book. In the center stood the Droid Control Ship. It blew my mind and I knew I had to build it.
I used almost 30000 parts. Lots in the center globe that I build with the aid of a building program that I found on the web. 3500 tiles to cover the outside structure. Lots of Technic parts to make the inside frame, so I could move, lift and take it apart without breaking it. The technic parts are joined left/ right and top / bottom, resulting in a firm and solid almost selfcarrying structure.
First of all, who the hell parts with a Star Wars cross-section book? CAUSE THEY BETTER HAVE DIED. Secondly, I'm serious, who would do that? That's like sneaking original, unopened He-Man figures into Toys R Us and putting them back on the shelf. You gotta be crazy!
Hit the jump for a bunch more of the amazing amazingness, as well as the link to higher-res shots.
http://www.geekologie.com/2010/02/amazing_30k_piece_lego_droid_c.php

George Costanza

All Hail the Dragonslayer.
Aug 10, 2007
Lake Orion Michigan
Awesome, I used to spend countless hours as a kid constructing Legos. Where the hell does one find a cross reference for the Millenium Falcon.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Awesome, I used to spend countless hours as a kid constructing Legos. Where the hell does one find a cross reference for the Millenium Falcon.
I think they actually sell that.

Christ that is funny.

Hm, I Don't Know How I Feel About Robo-Rex

I love LEGO. I LOOOOVE dinosaurs. But I hate, I hate, I HATE Peter Pan robots. So I dunno how I feel about ol' Robo-Rex here. Such he's got a pretty mouth, but he's also a robot. I've got a sneaking suspicion the moment you think you're safe and your dorm roommate is asleep and not watching, you'd stick your sausage in there and CHOMP! And from that point on, your life will never be the same. Mostly because your roommate wasn't really asleep. He was secretly filming you having mouth sex with a plastic robot dinosaur. You'll leave school that semester amidst constant ridicule. Eventually, you'll land a blogging position.

http://www.geekologie.com/2010/02/i_dont_know_how_i_feel_about_r.php

LZMF1

Semi-Eviscerated
Jul 7, 2005
Morris Plains, NJ
lol! i have my legos X-Wing fighter, Darth Vader's Tie Fighter and the Millenium Falcon plus a few other star wars legos things. i refuse to let my kids touch them.

Aug 12, 2005
PA
Pretty sure I have it. I'll let you know when I find it.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
I think I saw it at Legoland in Downtown Disney when I was there with my 6 year old nephew this past Christmas. His grandparents spent close to $500 on Legos for him.

Feb 15, 2009
Silverdale, WA
First of all, who the hell parts with a Star Wars cross-section book? CAUSE THEY BETTER HAVE DIED. Secondly, I'm serious, who would do that? That's like sneaking original, unopened He-Man figures into Toys R Us and putting them back on the shelf. You gotta be crazy!
Virgin.

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
I remember getting Lego Sets from like 1986-90 as a little kid. They were alright, but I was never a big builder.
My little brother LOVED Legos.

I think these were what I had. They were all medieval type castles.

Fr. Dougal

Feb 17, 2004
My brother is still kinda into Legos into his 20s.

I was never really big into it. But a few months ago I saw a time lapse video of some big set that a few people took weeks to build. I kinda want to build something complex like that now.

FAZ8218

Good eeeeeeeevening.
Wackbag Staff
Feb 10, 2006
Oceanside, NY
I fuckin loved them when I was a kid. I used to collect the pirate ones but my parents were too poor to ever buy the really big sets. Glad to see I'm not the only faggot that still wants to play with them as an adult.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
I fuckin loved them when I was a kid. I used to collect the pirate ones but my parents were too poor to ever buy the really big sets. Glad to see I'm not the only faggot that still wants to play with them as an adult.
I have a friend who is 47 & still playing with Legos. Only he makes money doing it. He parlayed his love of Legos into a business where he reconstructs accident scenes etc for court.

The plural of Lego is "Lego" not "Legos"

You would say, "I have a box of Lego." not " I have a box of Legos."

Lego collectors are adamant that you get it correct.

I used to have ton of the space sets when I was a kid, wish I still had them.

They have a sweet Ferrari set now, but they are about $130 a set for the big ones. Madness...

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
The plural of Lego is "Lego" not "Legos"

You would say, "I have a box of Lego." not " I have a box of Legos."

Lego collectors are adamant that you get it correct.

I used to have ton of the space sets when I was a kid, wish I still had them.

They have a sweet Ferrari set now, but they are about $130 a set for the big ones. Madness...
Don't they call it "Legos" on the commercial?

Jun 10, 2006

i know its old but that guy does some great work with legos... whatever his name is

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
What sort of shitty, non-Lego crap is that?

I'm not a fan of modern day Lego kits. Too many specialized pieces. Give me Ice Planet, Space Police, or the original NASA kits any day.

I have a huge tub of 'em at home that may get passed on someday.

Aug 5, 2004
I fucking love legos.. I build shit w/ my 9yo son all the time.