Legos

Sheldon and the gang need your vote!

Brick bazinga! Bring on 'The Big Bang Theory' Lego
Sheldon and his geeky gang of misfit scientists could get their own Lego set if it gets enough votes on Lego Cuusoo. Sadly, evil Wil Wheaton not included.

by Bonnie Burton
March 5, 2014 3:45 PM PST

Fans can vote for their very own Lego set of "The Big Bang Theory" complete with Leonard, Sheldon, their friends, and even Raj's pup Cinnamon.

(Credit: Alatariel/GlenBricker)
Scientist roommates Leonard and Sheldon, along with their geeky pals Howard, Raj, Bernadette, and neighbor Penny could be sharing their usual witticisms and take-out food in a Lego living room that mimics the set of the hit sitcom "The Big Bang Theory." (Disclosure: The show airs on CBS, CNET's parent company.)

This "Big Bang Theory" set created by Lego Cuusoo users "Alatariel" and "GlenBricker," features minifigs of Howard with NES belt buckle and rocket, Bernadette, Amy, Sheldon, Leonard, Penny, and Raj with his dog Cinnamon.

Plus you can vote for which nerdy T-shirt you'd like Sheldon's minifig to wear.

Four of Sheldon's most characteristic T-shirts are up for a vote. Choose from Flash, Green Lantern, Test Pattern and 73 (Sheldon's favorite number.)

(Credit: Alatariel/GlenBricker)
The set also represents the geektastic living room of Sheldon and Leonard, which is the core location of the series. It's filled with geeky details accurate to the show, including Sheldon's dry-erase board, the Green Lantern lantern, the Rubik's cube tissue box, the DNA model, and more.

Lego Cuusoo site is a fan-oriented online community where builders share custom sets. If enough fans vote on them, their projects could urn into real Lego kits. Currently, this "Big Bang Theory" Lego set has almost 4,000 votes, but it needs 10,000 before the Lego Group will consider producing it. So if you want to see Sheldon and his crew get their own Lego living room, vote now.

Sheldon, Leonard and their pals enjoy some Chinese food in their geek bachelor pad in this "Big Bang Theory" Lego set submitted for a vote by fans.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-57619922-1/brick-bazinga-bring-on-the-big-bang-theory-lego/
Ugh...enough with that shitty show!

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
LEGO Announces Massive Star Wars Jawa Sandcrawler Set
March 11, 2014 in $300?! my parents will never buy me that for christmas, astromech droids, expensive, i've been thinking of playing through the lego harry potter video games -- should i do that?, lego, let's build something together, looks like fun, modular, plastic, playset, sandcrawler, star wars, those dirty little jawas

This is the 3,296-piece Star Wars Sandcrawler playset that LEGO just announced. It will be available starting in May for around $300. You are going to buy one, then let me come over and build it. I, in return, will act as your life coach. No no no, that girl is waaaaaay out of your league. You know what you need? A girl with fewer teeth.

Recreate unforgettable scenes from Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope with this amazing LEGO® incarnation of the Jawas' desert-going vehicle, the Sandcrawler. Turn the knob at the rear and steer the Sandcrawler into position, lower the front ramp and offload the droids using the 2 working cranes. Luke Skywalker and his Uncle, Owen Lars, are sure to be impressed with the selection on offer: there's R2-D2, an R1-series Droid, an R2 unit, R5-D4, a Treadwell Droid, Gonk Droid and even C-3PO. When the sale is complete, lift the side panels and top to reveal more great features inside, like the engine, storage bay, cockpit and more. There's even a speeder bike for when the Jawas need to venture outside. Includes 7 minifigures: Luke Skywalker™, Uncle Owen, C-3PO™ and 4 Jawas, plus R2-D2, R2 unit, an R1-series Droid, Gonk Droid, R5-D4 and a Treadwell Droid.
You ever wonder what Jawas look like under their robes? I always imagined them as like, pee-colored smurfs but with those creepy glowing eyes. You know what species has glowing eyes that isn't freaky? None of them, that was a trick question. You know how Tatooine has two suns? Well FUN FACT: it would take seven suns to cook my penis and even after they all burnt out it would still only be medium-rare.

Keep going for the designer video.

Gathering that will be worth 5k in a couple of years like that collectors edition Millennium Falcon...

ianbobo

It's My Birthday!
I just bought a Death Star. My wife hasn't noticed the 40 lb box in the bedroom yet. It may become a problem.

ianbobo

It's My Birthday!
LEGO to Blindpack The Simpsons

The 13th wave of LEGO Mini Figures will soon head to Springfield. Toy Wizard reports that several members of the long-running animated TV series The Simpsons will get blindpacked in May. Here’s the lineup:
  • Grampa
  • Chief Wiggum
  • Ralph
  • Apu
  • Ned Flanders
  • Mr. Burns
  • Itchy
  • Krusty
  • Nelson
  • Homer with doughnut
  • Scratchy
  • Marge
  • Maggie
  • Bart with skateboard
  • Lisa
  • Milhouse
#gallery-1 { margin: auto; } #gallery-1 .gallery-item { float: left; margin-top: 10px; text-align: center; width: 25%; } #gallery-1 img { border: 2px solid #cfcfcf; } #gallery-1 .gallery-caption { margin-left: 0; } /* see gallery_shortcode() in wp-includes/media.php */

• .responsive { width: 320px; height: 50px; } @media(min-width: 300px) { .responsive { width: 300px; height: 250px; } } @media(min-width: 250px) { .responsive { width: 250px; height: 250px; } }

BIV

I want Itchy and Scratchy.

ianbobo

It's My Birthday!
Lego Simpson blind bags going to retail May 1st. Amazon has the 16 figures for $105.00. I ordered that so I don't have to worry about dupes.

BIV

Another Cuusou that everyone needs to vote for!

I'm not going to sit here and let you cut that box open and watch the lego bricks spill out all over the docks

http://www.shortlist.com/cool-stuff/lego-jaws-is-amazing
Y'all know me. Know how I earn a livin'. I'll build this bird for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Big set. Not like going down the den buildin' little cars or Lincoln Logs. This set, swallow your day. Little shakin', little sortin', an' down on to the floor you go.

BIV

Sadness: Wife Makes Husband Sell 661-Pound LEGO Collection With Threat Of Divorce
May 21, 2014 in compromise, divorce, fine but you only get to keep two pairs of shoes, lego, relationships, sadness, selling things, sweden, THESE LEGO BRICKS ARE A PART OF ME DON'T YOU GET IT WOMAN?!, threatening, were you not aware of this collection when you got married? because i feel like 661-pounds of LEGO bricks would be hard to hide
Facebook Twitter Google+

Note: Picture unrelated, clearly somebody else's wife knows what's up.

A man in Sweden recently took out an ad selling his massive 661-pound LEGO collection for $11,500 because his wife was threatening to leave him. Then go! But you're never going to find another man with a LEGO collection like this one. You're gonna wind up settling for some derelict with a half dozen Lincoln Logs.

You can make a difference! Save my marriage. The old bag said last Friday 'now get this shit out.' I don't know if it was me or the Lego she was talking about but I think it was the Lego.

The loot comes in dozens of containers and includes 300 kgs of bricks, 20 kgs of instructions, 44 kgs of wheels and "a practically complete collection of the Lego space range."

Ahahahhahahha @ "The old bag said." Well it's a relief to know the romance isn't dead in their relationship. Ol' Saggintitties over here told me I had to get rid of my LEGO collection. And you know what I told her? I said, 'Now you listen here...' then I accidentally farted and she just walked out of the room laughing at me. So you know what I did? I put a laxative in her bedside water then scattered LEGO blocks between her side of the bed and the bathroom. "You're sick." Plus as many as I could stack on the toilet seat.

http://geekologie.com/2014/05/sadness-wife-makes-husband-sell-661-poun.php

I love some of the comments.:

disqus_AxFrhBaDvy 3 hours ago
with so many pieces he should have just build himself a pair of balls, and divorce her instead.

Cuuuuuunt...

Curious to how many pairs of shoes she has...

Last edited:

BIV

The biggest, most accurate Lego Imperial Star Destroyer ever built

Jesus Diaz

Jesus Diaz

Filed to: star wars
Yesterday 2:29pm
Expand

More than 40,000 bricks. 110 pounds (50 kilograms). 6.62 feet long (2.02 meters). 4.1 feet wide (1.25 meters). 1.9 feet tall (58 centimeters). Eight months of design and building. Those are the stats for the biggest, most accurate Lego Imperial Star Destroyer ever built. It's truly amazing.

This model of the Chimaera—the Imperial II-class Star Destroyer used by Grand Admiral Thrawn in the Star Wars extended universe—is not only amazing because of its massive size. It's the perfection and accuracy of this Lego machine is one of the most impressive Lego builds I've ever seen. Every single detail was resolved with masterful skill, using a technique called SNOT—or Studs Not On the Top. If you notice, you won't see any of the typical Lego bricks studs.

Jerac, a Lego builder from Łódź, Poland, started to design this titanic model on November 11 2013. It was a very complex endeavor, so building actually started on December 28, 2013, ending on June 1, 2014, just two days ago.

Check out the intricate work. The imagination he displays in the use some of these pieces is simply incredible. Kudos Jerac!

Expand

1Expand

Expand

Expand

Expand

Expand

Expand

Expand

http://lego.gizmodo.com/the-biggest-most-accurate-lego-imperial-star-destroyer-1585399306

BIV

Classic Mini Cooper LEGO Set Coming In August
June 11, 2014 in cars, coming soon, for experts only, good looking, just because you can build a lego set doesn't mean you can build a car, lego, mini cooper, modular, my birthday is also in august i'm just saying, no but seriously how are you gonna build that and not put the little baguette in your mouth, plastic, playsets, sure why not
Facebook Twitter Google+

This is the $100 LEGO Mini Cooper set coming out this August. It will have 1,077 pieces (including a picnic basket and baguette) and is suggested for expert builders only. Obviously, you and I are out of the question. "Speak for yourself." Fine, I'm out of the question. You think I'm embarrassed to stand alone? I am ALWAYS standing alone. Plus eating meals alone. Actually, there isn't much I don't do alone. One time I even entered a three-legged race alone and the judges let me on account of my penis. HIYO! I even put a tennis shoe on it (a size 13 Air Jordan) and swung it around like it was running. Then the judges tried to disqualify me for masturbating and I had to explain just because you're swinging your penis around doesn't mean your masturbating. You know what I'm talking about, somebody back me up. Wow -- standing alone again, really? You all need to grow some balls. Let the fat kid sit at your lunch table for once.

Keep going for a bunch more shots from all angles.

http://geekologie.com/2014/06/classic-mini-cooper-lego-set-coming-in-a.php

BIV

New Lego Fusion Sets Let You Play Even When You Don't Have Bricks

Meet Lego Fusion: three new sets on the way that are designed to let you build towns and defend towers—even if your bricks are M.I.A.—thanks to a mobile app and some special tech baked into a brick. And they're super fun.

The first set is Town Master, which is like SimCity that you can also play in real-life. You can build homes, coffee shops, restaurants, and anything you'd like to build out your little town. Each of these sets comes with around 200 bricks and a custom "capture plate," which is the sensor-filled base for each of the structures that has Qualcomm Viewforia technology inside it. That tech allows the app on your iPad or Android tablet to recognize your structure. Meaning once you've built something, you can take a picture of it with your tablet, then it will be a permanent part of your virtual Lego town. From there you can build another in the flesh, and put it back in your app, and continue to build out your virtual city one step at a time.

The other sets are the same ideas, rooted in different themes. For example with Fusion Battle Towers, you're building and defending Medieval battlements. Or with Fusion Create & Race, you're building and racing cars that you can enter into your virtual NASCAR track and race and such. Those three are out in August for $35. There's also Resort Builder, out in September for the same price. As you can imagine, this one lets you be your own hotel tycoon.

The sets were dreamed up by Lego's Fusion Research Lab, which studies just how kids like to play. They found that even though kiddos are whizzes on iPads and whatnot, they like to play things that have a physical element, too. Imagine that, even in 2014. But it makes sense! Who wants to take a bunch of Lego out to a restaurant, or on a plane? Most parents don't, which is why these virtual/physical sets are landing soon.

http://lego.gizmodo.com/new-lego-fu...-even-when-you-dont-ha-1593080024/+jcondliffe

BIV

1,800-Piece LEGO Collector's Edition Batman Tumbler Coming Soon
August 7, 2014

This is the $200 Collector's Edition LEGO Tumbler due out in September. The vehicle measures 15-inches by 9-inches and contains 1,869-pieces. Mostly black ones. I think I might build it. Then add fireworks to the back and accidentally set it ablaze trying to make it speed down my parent's driveway. Raise your hand if you know what burning LEGO bricks smell like. Now everybody else look around the room and notice the people with their hands raised. Those are my people.

Keep going for a bunch more shots.

http://geekologie.com/2014/08/ooh-la-la-1800-piece-collectors-edition.php

BIV

Man Builds The Simpsons' Springfield Out Of LEGO
August 13, 2014 in cartoons, everybody needs a hobby (even if it's picking at scabs and eating them), fictional places, good job, having a great time, huge, labor of love, lego, lego pro, let's build something together (is that the home depot slogan?), modular, plastic, playset, springfield, the simpsons
Facebook Twitter Google+

This is the modular plastic Springfield built by LEGO pro Matt De Lanoy. Now that -- that looks like a fun playset. I would give my left nut to stomp through this Springfield like Godzilla. Well not MY left nut, one of my roommate's that I'll just say is mine (he lost a very serious sports bet).

De Lanoy doesn't have any idea how many bricks it took to build all of Springfield, but he says he's happy to leave it that way.

"I suspect that if I were to know the piece count, then I could get a rough estimate of how much money overall I'd spent on it -- and that's just something I don't want to know," he said.

Ah yes, the old 'ignorance is bliss' method of cost awareness avoidance. That's classic. I do the same thing at the strip club. Listen, Trinity -- whatever you do, don't tell me how much I've given you, okay? Just enjoy it. "This is all Monopoly money." I SAID DON'T TELL ME, IT'S YOURS.

Keep going for several more shots of the whole city but be sure to check out Matt's Flickr page for closeups and inside-shots of the individual buildings.

http://geekologie.com/2014/08/man-builds-the-simpsons-springfield-out.php

edzeppe

If you ever feel like being a dick and live in a state with pricing laws (ie all items have to be over a label on the shelf) head over to any clearance section of WalMart. Since the associates dont give a fuck, they just throw everything in random places... I got about $215 work of lego sets for $30.