Lesbian couple not allowed at prom

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Same-sex couple barred from Lexington Catholic prom

By Jennifer Hewlett — jhewlett@herald-leader.com,By Me
Posted: 10:36pm on May 13, 2012; Modified: 5:57am on May 14, 2012

Lexington Catholic students Tiffany Wright, left, and Hope Decker said they weren't allowed at the school prom, so they held their own outside.

• Story Photos

Two female students say they were not allowed to attend Lexington Catholic High School's prom as a couple Saturday night, upsetting a number of students at the school.
Hope Decker, 18, a senior, and sophomore Tiffany Wright, 16, had already gotten their dresses for the event, but Friday afternoon they were told by school administrators they could not attend as a couple because of the church's stance on same-sex relationships, Wright said.
In an email Sunday, Lexington Catholic president Steve Angelucci said, "As a Catholic high school, we uphold every teaching of the Catholic Church. The policies and procedures of our school reflect those teachings."
When the couple tried to enter the school's gymnasium, where the prom was held, they were turned away, so Wright said they held their own prom in the school's parking lot.
"I would understand and respect the school's decision if they truly upheld church teachings," Wright said Sunday night. "They didn't forbid the entrance of all the couples who've had premarital sex and all the kids who planned to get drunk after the prom."
Wright said Decker was "overwhelmed with all of the attention" and did not want to comment for this story. Decker later called and asked the story not be printed because she didn't want to hurt the reputation of the high school.
Wright said the couple's parking-lot prom was great.
"We had a wonderful night, and we were surrounded by true friends," Wright said. "I'll remember it for the rest of my life."
Among the other students outside with them were Lexington Catholic senior Suzie Napier, who said she wrote a letter to school administrators expressing displeasure at their decision. Napier said 107 fellow students signed it.
"I think that it is unfair that Hope and Tiffany were not allowed to attend prom together," Napier said. "I can understand why, but I don't agree with it."
"Universal love and acceptance," she said, is a greater Catholic tradition than its stance on same-sex relationships.
Napier said the students played music from their parked cars at the outside prom and set up a table for refreshments.
"I definitely think this prom will be much more memorable than any prom the school hosted," Napier said.
Megan Carter-Stone, a senior, also attended the outside prom.
"It was a wonderful time, and I think we got our point across," Carter-Stone said. "At least I hope we did."

http://www.kentucky.com/2012/05/13/2186828/same-sex-couple-denied-entrance.html

*looks at pic*

I'll be in my bunk.

CousinDave

Dec 11, 2007
Ohio
you want to join a club, you got to follow the rules

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Gentlemen, gentlemen, we are missing the point here. Hot teen girls eating each other's box. Let's keep our priorities straight.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
Don't (non-lesbian) girls go to the prom together all the time? I seem to remember back in the day, we had packs of dateless women at the prom together, rented a limo, hung out, danced together, whatever, and no one batted an eyelash or questioned their sexuality. School needs to get it's panties out of a wad (which I know is asking too much from a Catholic High School). I had a couple of gay friends at our Catholic High School and they felt repressed enough in the educational environment to publicly withhold their sexual preference in High School. It's remarkable that these girls are even able to overcome the obviously prejudicial atmosphere that probably exists there and express their true selves.

CousinDave

Dec 11, 2007
Ohio
Don't (non-lesbian) girls go to the prom together all the time? I seem to remember back in the day, we had packs of dateless women at the prom together, rented a limo, hung out, danced together, whatever, and no one batted an eyelash or questioned their sexuality. School needs to get it's panties out of a wad (which I know is asking too much from a Catholic High School). I had a couple of gay friends at our Catholic High School and they felt repressed enough in the educational environment to publicly withhold their sexual preference in High School. It's remarkable that these girls are even able to overcome the obviously prejudicial atmosphere that probably exists there and express their true selves.

they could just be attention whores

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
they could just be attention whores
I'm hoping they are actual whores so I can hire them. Cute as a button, those two. And they like boobies.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
When the couple tried to enter the school's gymnasium, where the prom was held, they were turned away
Just like Jesus would have done.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
Does it still count if it's your parents that forced you into the club?
Yes, it would still count, parents have the right to control their children's sexual behavior as they see fit. But the 18 year old certainly wasn't forced into anything, and I would bet that the 16 yo is there by her own choice as well.

If their parents were big enough Jesus freaks to force their lesbian daughters into Catholic school, they would also force them to not be in a lesbian relationship to begin with. They're there by choice, and they are acting like entitled assholes who think the world owes them full support.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Yes, it would still count, parents have the right to control their children's sexual behavior as they see fit. But the 18 year old certainly wasn't forced into anything, and I would bet that the 16 yo is there by her own choice as well.

If their parents were big enough Jesus freaks to force their lesbian daughters into Catholic school, they would also force them to not be in a lesbian relationship to begin with. They're there by choice, and they are acting like entitled assholes who think the world owes them full support.

Wait, you are really supporting the piece of shit religious school (there isn't another kind) over the hot teen lesbians? What the Hell is wrong with you? (see what I did there?)

Konstantin K

Big League Poster
Aug 25, 2010
I support the teenage lesbians. God blesssssssss....

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA

Only one of them is acting entitled.

Wright said Decker was "overwhelmed with all of the attention" and did not want to comment for this story. Decker later called and asked the story not be printed because she didn't want to hurt the reputation of the high school.
Why do people even go to the prom, anyway? I don't understand wanting to attend a party in formal wear. I'd gladly choose hanging out with my friends in street clothes in the parking lot over being in the actual prom. Can someone explain the appeal of the prom to a poor misanthrope?

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Aug 22, 2005
So why not just go as "single" and spend the entire time together?

If the younger chick needed someone to take her as a "date", I'm sure they could have found a dude to oblige them in exchange for a favor or two... :action-sm

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Only one of them is acting entitled.

Why do people even go to the prom, anyway? I don't understand wanting to attend a party in formal wear. I'd gladly choose hanging out with my friends in street clothes in the parking lot over being in the actual prom. Can someone explain the appeal of the prom to a poor misanthrope?
Guess how I know you don't have to deal with womens' bullshit.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA

lmao

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle

You know you are a bit delusional, right? High school students, the last time I checked, do not get to choose what school they go to.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
This thread needs more of this:

Hoffman

Guess who's back? Hoffman's back
Sep 28, 2006
Northern VA
Wait, you are really supporting the piece of shit religious school (there isn't another kind) over the hot teen lesbians? What the Hell is wrong with you? (see what I did there?)
After seeing the pictures, I support the girls. Had they been ugly girls my argument would be that they knew what they were getting into by going to a Catholic school.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
So why not just go as "single" and spend the entire time together?
Because then there wouldn't have been an issue.

You know you are a bit delusional, right? High school students, the last time I checked, do not get to choose what school they go to.
Then it's between these students and their parents. They are obviously "out", so either:

a) They have friends at this school, like it, and don't want to go to a different one, or

b) Their parents are forcing them to go regardless of their sexuality.

Either way, the school is least to blame. It's reasonable to expect a Catholic institution to be against homosexuality, therefore the responsibility lies with whoever decided to keep the students enrolled (the students themselves or the parents). It's perfectly fine to do so (obviously the students aren't being kicked out because they're gay), but you also have to accept certain consequences from that decision. There are plenty of schools around that would have allowed this.

I get sick and tired when entitled fucks think their immediate surroundings must cater completely to them, when their are better, albeit maybe inconvenient, options out there.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Those girls should have their own video channel to share their love with us.