Let's get Jim's book to #1 on Amazon

NoFilterPaul

British & I don't give a fuck!
Mar 15, 2005
New Jersey
Those dumb cunts over on the hoo hoo message board are going on about how Jim's book is only #570 in the Amazon sales chart (sounds pretty impressive to me for a book that isn't even officially out yet)...

Let's show them where it should be!

AMAZON PRE-ORDER: Happy Endings: The Tales of a Meaty-Breasted Zilch (Hardcover)

AMAZON PRE-ORDER: Happy Endings: The Tales of a Meaty-Breasted Zilch [AUDIOBOOK] [UNABRIDGED] (Audio CD)

Obviously, if you are going to a book signing, or live near a New York bookstore, that would be a better place to get the book and help Jim get in the New York Times Bestsellers list...

Apparently they are starting shipping today at AMAZON anyway.

Captain_Spaulding

MMA > NFL, NBA, MLB, etc...
Dec 18, 2004
Durango, CO
One of my good friends just had his novel released on the 1st and it is ranked somewhere around 20,000 so far. I would imagine that 570 is pretty fucking amazing.

Little Chuckie

Jul 21, 2005
So if we got it today it may help Jimmy on the Top ten list? He asked us to wait to buy it until it could help on one of the shows.

MelissaY1

Resident Star Fucker
Nov 28, 2005
NY
Well I preordered mine as soon as I heard about it, and I got the email from Amazon today it's been shipped so I've already done my part for the 'lil fella (as always :))

NoFilterPaul

Mar 15, 2005
New Jersey
So if we got it today it may help Jimmy on the Top ten list? He asked us to wait to buy it until it could help on one of the shows.
The New York Times Best Seller list is compiled on a weekly basis, so obviously a purchase during the week of release would be better.

"What is a best-seller list? It is a ranking of the relative sales of particular kinds of books at certain groups of stores within a one-week period. Best-seller lists tell us not which books sell the most, in absolute terms, but which fiction, nonfiction, or advice books sell the fastest at the bookstores list makers think deserve attention. A how-to book that sells 20,000 copies in one week will shoot to the top of the best-seller lists, whether or not those are the only copies it ever sells. A novel that sells 200 copies a week for 10 years will never appear on the lists, because each week it will be beaten by faster-selling books.

The New York Times list is the industry standard. It's the most prestigious, appearing as it does in the premier book review in the country. And it's the widest-reaching, based on data from the largest number of stores. Many bookstores sell New York Times best sellers at a discount, thereby generating even more sales for New York Times best sellers. Publishers regularly write bonuses into contracts to factor in the possibility that a book will makes the Times list. This clause is typically phrased "$7,000 for positions 1-5, $5,000 for positions 6-10, and $3,000 for positions 11-15."

The Times divides its best sellers into hardcover and paperback lists and then divides each of these into fiction, nonfiction, and a third category called "Advice, How-To, and Miscellaneous." This last category has led some to accuse the straight nonfiction list of being a "useful fiction," designed to give publicity to books that would otherwise fail.

One significant but little-known fact about the Times best-seller list is that it does not follow every single book published each year. Instead, the Times sends a list to bookstores indicating which books they are "tracking" as potential future best sellers and asks for sales information on those books (and any others the bookstores want to report on). The Times says this tracking list is drawn up from information from bookstores, but publishers say they routinely call up the Times to tip them off to books selling with increasing momentum so that they can be added to the tracking list.

The Times Web site publishes another list: "Chains vs. Independents," which compares how books in all three categories are selling in these two different types of outlets. This list was a concession to independent bookstores, many of which were outraged when the Times created hot links between every single book on its Internet best-seller list and Barnes & Noble's online bookstore, which then gave a 30 percent discount to all the listed books. Some independent bookstores were so angry about this that they boycotted the list and, early in 1998, about 100 bookstores in Northern California refused to report their sales to the New York Times list. The Times claimed that the number boycotting never reached a "critical mass" that would have threatened the integrity of its list."

http://www.slate.com/?id=3504

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
I'll definitely be heading to my local Barnes and Noble on the official release date to pick this up. I'd love to see how high we could get this book on the list.

Hoffman

Guess who's back? Hoffman's back
Sep 28, 2006
Northern VA
I will be picking up a copy and going to the Georgetown signing. Paul, are you going to be in town for that?

NoFilterPaul

Mar 15, 2005
New Jersey
I will be picking up a copy and going to the Georgetown signing. Paul, are you going to be in town for that?
doubtful... my next stop down there will probably be for the tour.... bring your beer money

teej

"they are so poor, and so black"
May 15, 2006
NH
im gonna get it next week and help lil jimmy get on the new york times best sellers list. screw amazon

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
I picked it up today from Barnes & Noble...guess that doesn't help the Amazon list, but maybe it'll help move him into the Top 100 list at Barnes & Noble?

Flashman

Tunisian backalley knife fighter
Dec 7, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
I ordered the audio version - not because of laziness but because I prefer to hear the timing and tone of the humor from the comedians themselves, instead of just trying to imagine their joke-telling in my mind.

OK, partly due to laziness.

AngryDragon

Nick The Dick
Jun 29, 2005
Monmouth County, NJ
The mention in Page 6 probably gave the book a nice jump in sales. We have to figure out a way to drum up some controversy regarding the book.

Jimmy should get himself arrested with a tranny and make sure the story shows up in The Post.

P

Pre E 444

Not Only...

Not only will Jimmy be signing books at Borders on July 14th in Buffalo... But I heard the guy doing The Best of Shredd & Ragan this afternoon, that Jimmy will be on Shredd & Ragan sometime during the week. Anyone know what day exactly so I can run tape??? I'm sure there will be a lot of O&A love during it...

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
I ordered the audio version - not because of laziness but because I prefer to hear the timing and tone of the humor from the comedians themselves, instead of just trying to imagine their joke-telling in my mind.

OK, partly due to laziness.
I hope jimmy uses lots of exclamation POINTS!