Let's Throw Ourselves Under The Bus

DiggerNick

Donator
A dead-set classic, and a song that could reasonably be blamed for killing off britrock in the 90s and ushering in a new age of pop dominance.

Robbie's solo career had been on the ropes up to this point. After leaving Take That he had released a few middling singles and was more known for putting on weight and making a drunken arse of himself in public as a wannabe Gallagher brother. But 'Angels' came out absolutely exploded. He then became Britain's (and most of the rest of the world) undisputed King of Pop for a good decade.

That braindead whore Jessica Simpson did a cover of it. That was pretty much around the last time anybody heard from her.

It's also funny that some busker in Ireland claimed he co-wrote the song with Robbie during a drunken jam session in a pub and tried to sue him for credit and royalties. I don't think he was successful as the song still only carries Williams and Guy Chambers as writers.

Last edited:

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
I turn into a mush every time this song comes on the radio, no idea why,:

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.

Got to see them in concert recently and they're really quite good. Their exposure is nil ('Becuz dey suk!' yes yes. got it. i understand), even up here in their home country. I dig them a lot.

Yesterdays Hero

Was used in Asia to showcase Panasonic's 4K TV. I'm of course a gigantic fruit in having the whole song as they're my favorite group. I need my throat slit.

Yesterdays Hero

Started watching Rick and Morty.

They've another song I like.

Yesterdays Hero

Tomo's Guitar at 2:50 is pretty goddam great.

Koga slaps the bass instead of using a pick. I love bass slapping.

Last edited: