Let's Throw Ourselves Under The Bus

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
I don’t buy or wear band t shirts, but I’ve been to hundreds of concerts and there are always tons of people wearing the band’s t shirt and I’ve never thought a thing of it. If I saw a person wearing a different band’s t shirt I would probably think they were retarded.

Can someone explain why wearing a t shirt of the band you are seeing is taboo?

I don’t buy or wear band t shirts, but I’ve been to hundreds of concerts and there are always tons of people wearing the band’s t shirt and I’ve never thought a thing of it. If I saw a person wearing a different band’s t shirt I would probably think they were retarded.

I think most people avoid it so as not to be wearing the same shirt as everybody else at the show.

I think most people avoid it so as not to be wearing the same shirt as everybody else at the show.
Oh, okay. I thought @tattered was saying it was some sort of slight against the band if you didn't buy it there because spending $50 dollars to see their dumb concert isn't supporting them enough or something.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Exactly you dont want to be in a crowd all wearing the exact same shit. Having 15000 people dressed the same would be off putting. Thats why wearing shirts bought at said show is acceptable because so few people have them on. tons of people have for example that Pantera shirt with the rattlesnake on it. Hell even Jayden Smith has one. So if you were going to see pantera youd pick a different shirt. Plus most metalheads consider it really hack to wear a shirt of the band youre going to see. To us it screams youre not really into metal youre just a poser.

I dont know if piggie and handpanzer like metal so maybe thats why they dont get it *shrug*

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff

If the heaviest band you like is like Sabbath or AC/DC even Metallica i doubt youll really ever understand the explanation. I doubt i really even explained it well enough. Its just not something thats socially acceptable in the metal/hardcore scene. Ya just dont do it. You dont want to be THAT GUY

If the heaviest band you like is like Sabbath or AC/DC even Metallica i doubt youll really ever understand the explanation. I doubt i really even explained it well enough. Its just not something thats socially acceptable in the metal/hardcore scene. Ya just dont do it. You dont want to be THAT GUY
You could wear a shirt made entirely of semen and still be less gay than the guy that's into Coal Chamber.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
But why isn’t it socially acceptable? Who decided this? And who cares what someone else thinks? That’s what I’m asking.

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job

Piven said it in PCU, and it became gospel thereafter.

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
But why isn’t it socially acceptable? Who decided this? And who cares what someone else thinks? That’s what I’m asking.
I've been of the line of thinking it's similar to those asshats at a sport in the stands where they're done up in the teams make up, with the teams flag, contacts of the team colors, hair dyed the team colors, flipping the fuck out because that team is playing.

Same thing. Just one step back. It's not a matter of being 'socially unacceptable', it's more of being the douche that really stands the fuck out.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Idk the who or why. That was established long before me. I just know it is. Im assuming the why is not wanting to be or look like everyone

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job
Um, I don't expect you to understand. See your musical heaviness probably is a 5.5, maybe a 6 if I want to be generous. Which I don't. But you need to be at an 8 or above to actually get it.

I've been of the line of thinking it's similar to those asshats at a sport in the stands where they're done up in the teams make up, with the teams flag, contacts of the team colors, hair dyed the team colors, flipping the fuck out because that team is playing.

Same thing. Just one step back. It's not a matter of being 'socially unacceptable', it's more of being the douche that really stands the fuck out.
The counter to the sports comparison is that there are 2 teams. So your choose your side. But then again I always looked at face painters and full body team apparel as over the top. Outside of those events: I wear a rangers baseball hat every day. I wont wear the hat if I have a rangers sweatshirt on. Too much.

Bands shirts at the same bands concert? "They" decided it was not to be done. Except if you buy a shirt there. Dont want to carry it so you put it on. Or at least that's how I reason it in my head.

If I had to explain why I would say it's because rock bands are supposed to be anti mainstream. A "whatever" kind of attitude. Conforming to the group is lame. So, by extension, wearing their shirt is lame. Or it's too kiss-ass?

But by the same reasoning isnt it going against the main stream to wear the bands shirt because NOT wearing it is the norm?

I dunno, I was always in the no camp.

Only exception I can see is older bands. If I saw def leppard today and I still have the shirt from the tour 20 years ago. I'm old, everyone knows I'm old, they're probably old too, the shirt is fucking vintage as "they" say, so fuck em.

Fuck it. Wear what you want.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
The counter to the sports comparison is that there are 2 teams. So your choose your side. But then again I always looked at face painters and full body team apparel as over the top. Outside of those events: I wear a rangers baseball hat every day. I wont wear the hat if I have a rangers sweatshirt on. Too much.

Bands shirts at the same bands concert? "They" decided it was not to be done. Except if you buy a shirt there. Dont want to carry it so you put it on. Or at least that's how I reason it in my head.

If I had to explain why I would say it's because rock bands are supposed to be anti mainstream. A "whatever" kind of attitude. Conforming to the group is lame. So, by extension, wearing their shirt is lame. Or it's too kiss-ass?

But by the same reasoning isnt it going against the main stream to wear the bands shirt because NOT wearing it is the norm?

I dunno, I was always in the no camp.

Only exception I can see is older bands. If I saw def leppard today and I still have the shirt from the tour 20 years ago. I'm old, everyone knows I'm old, they're probably old too, the shirt is fucking vintage as "they" say, so fuck em.

Fuck it. Wear what you want.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
This guy gets it and explained it better than me