Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Phoenixville
Doctors find no cancer in Bush's colon

CNN.com said:
Doctors find no cancer in Bush's colon

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Doctors found no cancer in the five small growths removed from President Bush's colon, the White House said Monday.

Growths removed from President Bush's colon were cancer-free, doctors said Monday.

The growths, called polyps, were found during a routine cancer scan that Bush underwent Saturday at the Camp David presidential retreat. Examinations showed the growths were benign -- in line with the White House's expectation that none of the five polyps appeared "worrisome."

"The president is in good health," Bush spokesman Tony Snow said. "There is no reason for alarm."

Bush's next cancer scan will be in three years, his press secretary added, saying that is the typical interval between exams given the amount of growths found this time. There had been a five-year gap between Bush's 2002 colonoscopy and the one the president had over the weekend.

Polyps are extra pieces of tissues that grow inside the large intestine. Most polyps are not dangerous, but over time, they can turn cancerous. To be safe, doctors typically remove the polyps and test them. Finding them early is considered one of the best ways of preventing disease.

Bush, 61, regularly exercises and is considered to be in excellent shape for a man his age.

Bush had temporarily transferred the powers of the presidency to Vice President Dick Cheney during his medical procedure Saturday morning, invoking the rarely invoked 25th Amendment. During the 31-minute procedure, Bush was sedated with a drug called propofol.

Nothing occurred during the 2 hours and 5 minutes of the transfer that required Cheney to take official action, aides said.

Later that afternoon, Bush was quickly back to normal activities. He played with his dogs, rode his bike for more than an hour around the presidential compound in the mountains of western Maryland, and got informal briefings from his top aides.

Doctors discovered that Bush had two polyps during a similar scan in 1998 and two more were found during a colon screening in 1999, while Bush was governor of Texas. That made Bush a prime candidate for regular examinations.

His most recent screening before last weekend's, conducted in 2002, revealed no polyps or abnormalities.

The update on Bush's health came from Snow, who currently is undergoing chemotherapy for colon cancer. He had his colon removed in 2005. In March, Snow underwent surgery to remove a growth in his abdominal area, and doctors determined that cancer had spread to his liver.

Fr. Dougal

Feb 17, 2004
I wonder if any Democrats would have publicly been happy had the POTUS been diagnosed with cancer. You'd like to think that they'd have tact or show genuine concern. But in this day and age of bitter partisan fighting... I wonder if they'd come out and publicly rejoice.

Schmed

I'm a corpse without a soul...
Nov 4, 2002
Shitsville, NY
Liberals weep ?

Bush is far from a conservative, at least when it comes to borders, language and culture. I consider myself independent conservative, and to me Bush is a major disappointment.

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
cancer would have given bush a lil bit of sympathy. I think they like his image the way it is

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
He had something up his ass? Well now he knows what it feels like what he's been doing to the country these past 8 years!!!

Applause break me motherfuckers!!

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
hmmmm, so since when did anyone have to shove a tube up bush's ass to realize he's full of shit

poopiebottoms

Sparkling Wiggles Lover
Aug 23, 2002
1989 - Baba Booey!
I can't stand the bastard. Ass cancer would have been poetic justice.

I was happy when Reagen finally shit the bed.

It's funny because I don't know them.

Creampier

I have to return some videotapes!
May 11, 2007
Somerville, NJ
Yeahhhhhh..... I wouldn't exactly like old man Cheney as the Prez for the next 18 months either.... so.....

To quote MJMANDALAY's sig.... we can now all breathe a sigh of "who gives a shit"