Libs In A Tizzy About Don Trump Jr African Hunting Trip

KRSOne

Did they talk about this on the show? I know how much Norton likes hunters.

Donald Trump Jr. And Eric Trump's Hunting Trip Causes Stir (PHOTOS)

Photographs that some have found disturbing have come to light showing Donald Trump's sons, Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump, smiling as they proudly pose with a variety of animals they killed on a big game hunt in Africa.

In one of the photos -- now removed from the website, Hunting Legends, on which they were initially posted -- Donald Jr. holds the tail of an elephant. And in another, Eric Trump props up a dead leopard.
Donald Jr. has denied that the images were leaked as a PR stunt, but since he is looking straight into the camera, it is apparent that he was aware the pictures were being taken. The images surfaced after the company that organized the hunting trip to the Matetsi area of Zimbabwe, near Victoria Falls, posted them on its website, perhaps to drum up more business.

"I'm a hunter, for that I make no apologies," Donald Trump Jr. said on Twitter. "I can assure you it was not wasteful the villagers were so happy for the meat which they don't often get to eat," he later added.

"In some places, it can cost up to $50,000 for an elephant," award-winning travel writer Paula Froelich tells me. "I hate to say this, but hunting does stop poaching. The animals and the people do have to find a way to live together. It's a way to stop overpopulation."

Froelich said that no laws were broken; only in Kenya is all hunting outlawed.
"It was a stupid idea to let these photos get out because of the way Americans feel about hunting," Froelich said. "But they are proud of it. It's a rich white man's sport. Usually it's rich dudes looking for the next big challenge. They think it's romantic, like they are in the film 'Out of Africa.'"

Although the Trumps look the part of proud hunters, claims that either of the Trump men caught and killed these magnificent creatures themselves are a stretch.

"The guides do all the work," Froelich said. "They track the animals which are not that hard to find. It's kind of like finding a rat in New York. Then the 'hunters' get out of their jeep, which comes with a fully stocked bar, and get to cut off an elephant's tail before having another gin and tonic. Its called a 'Sun Down,' after the sun goes down you have a drink and admire what you have killed."
Hunting Legends, the company that detailed the brothers' trip, revealed it was not the first hunting expedition for either brother. The company did not respond after being contacted for comment.

"These two amazing young men are everything but the 'city slickers' you would expect," the Hunting Legends site read.

But their dad, Donald Trump, isn't so keen on the sport: "I am not a believer in hunting and I'm surprised they like it," he told TMZ.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
A hunting trip ends with dead animals. Shocking.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Donald Trumps Hair!!! LOL

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Legally taken. I never felt the urge to shoot an elephant, but I will be getting deer and elk tags again this year.

Speaking of legally taken and getting shit for it, here is the head of the California FAG, he came to Idaho and shot a legal lion, and now they are trying to get him removed from office for political reasons. Disgusting. If they can get him off the commission, they can get one more lib on it and have a majority.

In January, the president of California’s Fish and Game Commission, Dan Richards shot, killed and ate a mountain lion while on a hunting trip to the Flying B Ranch in Kamiah, Idaho. About a month ago a picture of Richards, standing in the snow with his gun and his kill, appeared on a hunting website, sparking an uproar.

Soon 40 members of the California state legislature as well as the Sierra Club and the Humane Society were calling for Richard’s ouster. According to a letter from Lt. Governor Gavin Newsom Richards’ actions don’t “reflect the values of the people of California.”

Hunters, fisherman and gun rights advocates shot back pointing out that though hunting mountain lions is illegal in California and has been for 40 years, it’s perfectly legal in Idaho and Richards did nothing wrong.

According to the California Rifle and Pistol Association the members of the legislature that want to fire Richards are using the legally killed mountain lion as an way of ridding themselves of a lifelong hunter whose agenda differs from theirs.

Yesterday the regular monthly meeting of the Fish and Game Commission in Riverside was packed, mostly with people supportive of Richards. Only a few animal rights activists came to protest.

So, is Richards out of step with California’s values? Should legally killing an animal in one state preclude you from holding a particular job in another? Is California’s legislature using the mountain lion as an excuse to kill the career of a person who doesn’t share their environmental aims?
http://www.scpr.org/programs/airtalk/2012/03/08/25516/fish-and-game

I dont care about them hunting but they both have such punchable looking faces.

Buster H

Alt-F4
Wackbag Staff
I don't know if I could bring myself to shoot a leopard or whatever that spotted cat is, but if it's not endangered and the populations are regulated, have at it.

I'll be getting my deer tags again this year in the hopes of getting some meat for the freezer again

CousinDave

How about voicing some outrage where its needed

Little Barry is letting some indians kill a couple of bald eagles for "religious purposes"

Buster H

Alt-F4
Wackbag Staff

Little Barry is letting some indians kill a couple of bald eagles for "religious purposes"
hadn't heard that one. They aren't on the endangered species list anymore. When I was in alaska, I must have seen at least 20-30 while kayaking one day. Saw on on 87 just south of albany a few months ago too. As long as it is a very limited number, I say go for it kemosabe.

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.

I'm not really bothered by it. The Native Americans have been granted a highly limited license to kill just a couple of a species that isn't endangered. No big deal.

Shit, if Ben Franklin had his way, are you saying we shouldn't be eating delicious turkey for holiday dinners? At my college, we serve our mascot up all the damn time: turkey is delicious, my friend.

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Shooting the big cat would bother me. It actually bothers me a lot. The "regulation" you speak of is of course in Africa. I'm pretty sure if you pay enough money they will let you hunt little kids in a canned hunt over there. Sorry, but the taking of big cats just feels wrong. Big cats are under a great deal of pressure because of the hyena population explosion.

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
I was hoping it was a good old fashioned long pig hunt. A little missionary revenge.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Big cats are under a great deal of pressure because of the hyena population explosion.
If it ok if I LOL over this?

I guess killing exotic animals for me is like how some people feel about abortions and killing babies. Not something I feel comfortable doing, but as long as it's legal, knock yourself out if you like it...

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Shooting the big cat would bother me. It actually bothers me a lot. The "regulation" you speak of is of course in Africa. I'm pretty sure if you pay enough money they will let you hunt little kids in a canned hunt over there. Sorry, but the taking of big cats just feels wrong. Big cats are under a great deal of pressure because of the hyena population explosion.
I know a rich guy who's house is adorned with Lions, Panthers, Tigers and Leopards. He shot them all himself. He's also got 30-40 other mounted Gazelles and other stuff.

He now takes other rich guys to hunt these animals as a business. If you've got money you can go to Africa and hunt anything, endangered or not. I don't remember the countries he hunts in but I'm thinking Kenya and Zimbabwe were two of them.

Sorry kids, rich guys can kill what they want.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
If it ok if I LOL over this?

I guess killing exotic animals for me is like how some people feel about abortions and killing babies. Not something I feel comfortable doing, but as long as it's legal, knock yourself out if you like it...
If's cool. :action-sm

I actually really dislike wealthy people who go to Africa or wherever to hunt exotic animals... they give regular hunters a bad name. In America, there's a science behind regulated hunting and it would actually be very detrimental to ecosystems if we stopped "harvesting" game. I doubt Africa puts as much thought into it as we do.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
He now takes other rich guys to hunt these animals as a business. If you've got money you can go to Africa and hunt anything, endangered or not. I don't remember the countries he hunts in but I'm thinking Kenya and Zimbabwe were two of them.

Sorry kids, rich guys can kill what they want.
CITES sets the quota on leopards now. And there are only an estimated 2 million left in Africa.

They're Not Endangered!...

Too, it seems generally agreed (even by many anti-hunting groups, albeit grudgingly) that regulated sport hunting is good for leopards because of the value it places on them.

This is proven by the fact that the international body, CITES, has not only maintained export quotas in numerous African countries, but over the years has increased quotas in several countries, and has authorized quotas for “new” countries, the latest being Uganda. Note that U.S. Fish and Wildlife has not consistently followed CITES; we allow importation from “sub-Saharan” countries only, which precludes Americans from importing leopard trophies from C.A.R. and Ethiopia, and we have not yet accepted Uganda’s quota. But, subject to proper permits, Americans are allowed to import legally sport-hunted leopard trophies from Botswana, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.

Whether you or I have any desire to hunt leopard is purely a personal decision, but over the years it has become an irrefutable fact that regulated sport hunting (trophy hunting, if you will) has been good for Africa’s leopards. It is almost impossible to count leopards in the wild, certainly across the vastness of Africa, but one educated estimate puts the current population of wild leopards in excess of two million. This is not endangered, nor threatened. But, realistically, the leopard is still threatened in many areas, primarily where he has no value, and thus his almost insatiable depredation on livestock is purely an expensive and somewhat dangerous nuisance. It is an inescapable fact that where he is thriving best is in the countries where he is hunted, and thus has the most value.
http://www.sportsafield.com/notes-from-afield/lot-leopards