OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Libya Scandal

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Cunt Smasher, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Cunt Smasher

Cunt Smasher Caligula Jr.

2. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

Nice. Instead of just posting that link to one of the four Libya threads, lets just start a new one. :eek:

3. MayrMeninoCrash

MayrMeninoCrash Liberal Psycopath

Shouldn't those guys be working on getting Americans back to work or extending tax cuts or something?

4. Neon

Neon ネオン
    Donator

No, we should be focusing on the really important thing.

[​IMG]

5. lajikal

lajikal Registered User

I hate both parties about equally at this point.

Denying requests from the State Dept. to beef up embassy security is not something that should be glanced over, especially in hostile areas with very weak 'govts' to say the least.

Party Rooster likes this.
  6. Cunt Smasher

Not my fault there's so many bad stories coming out about this, I can see where you would be upset, though.

7. Norm Stansfield

Norm Stansfield 私は亀が好きだ。

It's probably for the best to start a new thread when there's a new development. I haven't looked, but I'm sure all the other ones have already been derailed by the usual bullshit. This is a nice new thread, everyone can look at the story without sifting through 100 posts of you and Mayr explaining how Bush did something kinda similar seven years, two months and 27 days ago.

8. CousinDave

CousinDave Registered User

Sounds like Hillary is about to throw BarackO under the bus, 'cause she isn't going to take the heat on this for him.

9. BIV

BIV I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.

Besides, it has that fresh, new thread smell.

10. mikeybot

mikeybot SPANAKOPITA!!!

Drudge is really hammering it today.

11. Begbie

Begbie Wackbag Generalissimo

Heh...video?! Wha...what video? Heh heh, you silly.

Kinda long, but this details what actually went down...

"But...but Big Bird!"

Party Rooster likes this.
  12. Neon

Neon ネオン
    Donator

[​IMG]

13. Party Rooster

It was more a comment of just being a lazy ass and only posting a link to start a new thread without posting the article. And you'd be wrong about your assumptions, as usual.

14. Party Rooster

That safe room probably would have been ok if it was stocked with gas masks and/or oxygen tanks.

15. Begbie

Yeah, and it's more HHD and MagicBob that commit thread derails these days anyway. OAPC just posts goalie deflection gifs and stupid memes. :cool:

16. Begbie

Yeah, it sounds like they flushed him out with the smoke. Even without the smoke though...they were still outnumbered and basically screwed. I'm sure those "evil-doers" were getting in there eventually. And it doesn't look like they wanted to take him hostage or anything. Looks like they just wanted to mow everyone down.

17. mascan42

mascan42 Registered User

FFS, ANYTIME a safe room is featured in a movie, it's ALWAYS breached by gassing the occupants until they open up. If it's that much of a cliche, shouldn't someone have come up with a solution to it IRL by now?

18. lajikal

lajikal Registered User

Just like "evil doers" would eventually take passenger planes hostage and use them as weapons.

19. Party Rooster

It's all I have time for anymore. This new job is really cutting into my WB time. Today's my first day off in 8 days, so I can derail threads and post proper walls of text complete with graphs for a few hours now. :cool:

I don't know, it sounds like it was pretty well fortified and they MIGHT have had a chance to at least of surviving when the savages had to deal with the reinforcements that showed up. Might have been able to catch them by surprise that way too.

I'm not as upset with the lack of security that wasn't there as I am with the administration lying about the reason for attack. It's horrible that four people died but they did ask for more appropriations for more security (which was denied by House Republicans), but it sounds like even if they had double the security they would probably still have been outnumbered. And it's not like Hillary and Obama didn't try, and they were even able to get some of the cuts back when it went to the Senate.

20. Begbie

Heh..."job" huh? That must be nice. ;)

I agree, it's hard to tell without really knowing what happened...how many were storming the place and if they didn't come up with the idea of lighting the place on fire and smoking them out, how determined were they to get in there to kill Stevens? How fortified was the safe room? Tough call.

You basically covered what went on in the hearing today, probably without even seeing it, I guess. I blew the dust off my remote and actually broke away from FNC to check out CSPAN ;). The democrats on the panel tried to hone in on the fact that security at this facility and other embassies around the world have become light, thanks in part, to Republican cuts. The Republicans meanwhile, focused on the lie about this video and trying to figure out both, why they lied and who's idea was it to lie. We obviously never got the answer...any time Ambassador Kennedy was pressed on it...he just claimed that it was still confidential or just said along the lines of, "hey, I knew early on that it was a terrorist attack, I can't speak for Rice or the adminstration."

I now don't really think it had much to do about them trying to deflect from the fact that it was a terrorist attack about 2 months before the election (when they had been claiming they've got al Qaeda on the run). I do however, suspect perhaps the administration may have known that an attack was imminent, and they just didn't react in time or didn't pay attention to it. And instead of owning up to it and admitting they screwed up, they used the video as their excuse and that it was "spontaneous" and kinda trying to make the story go away. That's the most logical explanation I can come up with...especially considering the election is right around the corner and they do not want to appear weak or too relaxed.

21. Begbie

I also should add...this makes us look like complete imbeciles and completely vulnerable to another attack.

These groups know damn well why they stormed our consulate and it wasn't about some bullshit 2 month old video. Yet there's Obama, Clinton, and Rice saying it was this video and groveling and apologizing for this dumb American making this stupid trailer. Now, they're basically PROMOTING this stupid video and drawing attention to it...perhaps pissing these psychopath Muslims off even more. That's fucked up. We look like complete unorganized, stupid dumbasses to the radical Muslim world over this.

Not only that...but let's just say (and I am absolutely not saying this is the case)...that a terrorist group(s) are planning a larger scale attack on this country and this attack is merely a test to see how we react. Quite simply...the response we had is not the kind of response you'd want to have. Not at all.

22. Party Rooster

Oh noes! Don't tell me you're going back to collecting those Obama Checks again...

That's what I was thinking too. I guess this officially buries the investigation into Fast and Furious. The Republicans sure caught a break when the Inspector General's report came out and couldn't find any dirt on Obama or Holder really. It's going to be really hard to spin this one as good when they share some of the blame for the lax security.

I disagree. At least in the short term before the election. They've got to realize that we were forced to beef up our security and aside from a possible car bomb going off outside the perimeters and only savages dying, I can't see them trying anything right now.

23. Begbie

LOL, Eh, no, still trying to juggle the family business with my dad and be a stay at home dad. It's not easy though...I wear many hats. :)

It's just a mess. And in listening to today's hearing, it's enough to drive anyone up the wall.

I see what you mean. But even if they're not gearing up for an attack...our reaction and response to the Libya attack makes us look ridiculous. If I'm a terrorist named Akmed Begbie...I'm having a good laugh right now watching the American POTUS and Secretary of State releasing an apologetic video blaming my attack on the consulate on some video I've never even seen and could care less about. Again, I'm not saying an attack could happen...but we didn't exactly have a very coordinated response from this Libyan attack.

24. Party Rooster

I'll bet one of them has had doodie in it at some point this year...;)

Clutzy Call™. :cool:

Edit:
    Damn, I went to register www.ClutzyCall.com and it already redirects to the Mitt Romney campaign website. :meh:

#24 Party Rooster, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
    Begbie likes this.
  25. Cunt Smasher

I posted from my phone. You can't summon up enough energy to click a link and I'm the lazy ass?
    Candy won't answer questions on this, mumbling bullshit about investigations and whatnot. Take 1 day to find out who at State shot down the request for security. And the disingenuous implication the republicans are to blame is frankly offensive. You libs really trying to say Ambassador Stevens called for help and somebody told him "sorry, the piggy banks empty, tough shit" ?