Libyan dictator Moammar Gadhafi....SO DEAD!!!

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast

CousinDave

Kaddafi was not a US citizen. The shitbirds that shot him are not US citizens. The incident did not happen on US soil. Therefore, what the fuck does our constitution have to do with it?
I'm not sure Geneva Convention even covers an event like this, since this was not a declared conflict between two states, but an internal uprising.

I'm waiting for one of these fucko reporters to claim that he was an African-American

CousinDave

This is no laughing matter. Wait, maybe it is. Stay classy, Hillary.

[YT]3hbENCmVMc0[/YT]

We would be so much better off if she were President rather than the fucko that we have now

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Kaddafi was not a US citizen. The shitbirds that shot him are not US citizens. The incident did not happen on US soil. Therefore, what the fuck does our constitution have to do with it?
Read our Constitution, and find out. Start with Article Six.
I'm not sure Geneva Convention even covers an event like this, since this was not a declared conflict between two states, but an internal uprising.
It was a declared conflict. Pretty sure I saw Obama declare it on network television, at the start. He just didn't get congressional approval (which is another criminal act). And how the fuck is a NATO backed insurgency an "internal conflict"?

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
From Wiki...

So, on the face of that statement, it thickens things a bit, and would be dependent on the circumstances of Kadaffi's death. However, since rules regarding treatment of prisoners are apparently moot, it seems to me that Geneva can go fuck itself.
The article I posted says there was still intense fighting going on, and it's not hard to imagine that the few loyalists that Gaddafi still had with him planned on fighting to the death. I think in that situation you'd rather be killed than captured and then tortured.

"One of Gaddafi's men came out waving his rifle in the air and shouting surrender, but as soon as he saw my face he started shooting at me," he told Reuters.

"Then I think Gaddafi must have told them to stop. 'My master is here, my master is here', he said, 'Muammar Gaddafi is here and he is wounded'," said Bakeer.
Not sure if they executed him or not, I would think a bullet to the head from point blank would have left a bigger mark. And unless they caught that on video, it's going to be entirely plausible to be able to say he died from wounds during the firefight.

Gaddafi's body is latest war trophy for Misrata

TRIPOLI, Oct 22 (Reuters) - Muammar Gaddafi's body, bloodied and half-naked on a filthy mattress in a meat locker, is the latest spoil of war hauled back to Misrata by its exuberant fighters, confident they are Libya's fiercest revolutionaries.

The city of Misrata became something of a symbol for the revolt against Gaddafi after it fell to rebels early in the war and then stayed in their hands throughout, despite a merciless bombardment and lengthy siege by the Libyan army.

And now, with its fighters having played such a major part in the war and that fact hammered home by its claiming of some of the most potent symbols of Gaddafi's downfall, the city is emerging as a powerful player in post-Gaddafi Libya.

"There are other brigades from all over the country who fought to defeat Gaddafi. But it's true the Misrata freedom fighters were mostly responsible for taking Tripoli and for capturing Gaddafi," a Tripoli-based interim government official, who did not want to be named for fear of prejudicing delicate negotiations about posts in the new government, told Reuters.

"The city will have to be rewarded for that and I think that it will be," he said.

Interim prime minister Mahmoud Jibril went to Misrata on Friday to talk to its leaders about what to do with Gaddafi's corpse.

The country's new government does not want to see his grave become a place of pilgrimage for his supporters or for it to be desecrated by his enemies.

NTC sources in Tripoli say that, though his body is expected to be buried in a secret location, the Misratans do not want Gaddafi's final resting place to be on their turf.

Some officials say concessions, including senior government jobs, could be offered in exchange for a change of heart.

Much of Misrata was destroyed by tank fire and constant shelling by Gaddafi's forces. Its water supplies were deliberately cut and food began to run out, but it resisted the onslaught.

Blooded by that battle, its fighters then played a major role in the fall of Tripoli and were responsible for snatching Gaddafi.

CITIES JOSTLE FOR POWER

Gaddafi's body has become a grisly attraction for the city's residents as it awaits burial. Two other "trophies", among the fallen leader's most eye-catching possessions, were also driven to Misrata after its fighters overran his Tripoli compound.

The most visible is Gaddafi's symbol of his contempt for the West; a giant golden statue of a hand crushing a U.S. warplane. It now stands, sprayed with revolutionary slogans and painted with Libya's new flag, on Misrata's Tripoli Street which was razed during the bombardment.

"I think there are some people in Tripoli who might be wanting that back," one Western diplomat said as he looked at the statue.

The diplomat was alluding to the fact that the brigades from Misrata did not consult the leaders of the interim government, the National Transitional Council (NTC), before looting Gaddafi's Tripoli compound or before carting his battered body home with them from Sirte.

Behind the warplane statue is a museum dedicated to Misratans who died during the war and a collection of the weapons they used to defend their city.

To the statue's right, precariously perched on the footpath outside the museum, is the other big Tripoli trophy; a giant statue of an eagle looted from the roof of Gaddafi's home inside his Bab al-Aziziya headquarters and command centre.

Some Libyan political analysts see Misrata, the country's third largest city after Tripoli and the other rebel stronghold, Benghazi, growing more confident about its post-war clout. Benghazi and Misrata felt sidelined during Gaddafi's rule and all three are now jostling for position in the new Libya.

And, unlike the corpse, the fist and the eagle are symbols of influence that Misrata intends to hold on to.
Link

The Godfather

Spark it up for The Godfather and say!!!!!
I've actually just looked at that photograph... I'm pretty sure somebody cropped it and added text in Paint Shop Pro. I would think a picture with watermark in the lower-right corner isn't an original proof. It's entirely plausible that's a manipulated photograph.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
I've actually just looked at that photograph... I'm pretty sure somebody cropped it and added text in Paint Shop Pro. I would think a picture with watermark in the lower-right corner isn't an original proof. It's entirely plausible that's a manipulated photograph.

mascan42

Good to know at least the Libyan cartoonists are on the right side:

Translation: "The greatest Crazy of the World".

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Read our Constitution, and find out. Start with Article Six.
You mean this?

US Constitution said:
All Debts contracted and Engagements entered into, before the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be as valid against the United States under this Constitution, as under the Confederation.
This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.
The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.
Not sure what this has to do with Libya.

It was a declared conflict. Pretty sure I saw Obama declare it on network television, at the start. He just didn't get congressional approval (which is another criminal act). And how the fuck is a NATO backed insurgency an "internal conflict"?
Doesn't change the fact that the people that shot him were internal belligerents. US support or no, I'm pretty sure THEY are not bound by Geneva conventions in regards to prisoners, even if we are.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Doesn't change the fact that the people that shot him were internal belligerents. US support or no, I'm pretty sure THEY are not bound by Geneva conventions in regards to prisoners, even if we are.
The old Libya under Gaddafi was a signatory to the Geneva Convention.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
And I'll bet the people that dragged him into the street and killed him
don't really give a shit. He's dead and that's all that matters to them.

They can hold all the inquiries they want but that won't change and the
odds are nobody will be convicted of any crimes.

He wasn't a leader of a free country. He was a dictator and got what he deserved.
The inquiries will just be an exercise in making people feel good about pretending
to actually care that this douche bag is dead.

The Godfather

Spark it up for The Godfather and say!!!!!
Stay classy, secular democracy

An Egyptian court sentenced a man to three years in jail with hard labour on Saturday for insulting Islam in postings on Facebook, the official MENA news agency reported.

The Cairo court found that Ayman Yusef Mansur "intentionally insulted the dignity of the Islamic religion and attacked it with insults and ridicule on Facebook," the agency reported.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
You mean this?

Not sure what this has to do with Libya.

You are seriously claiming that it's legal for the US government to give military support to people who violate the Geneva conventions? You really don't think that's also fucking illegal, under the same fucking conventions?

mills

I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness
You are seriously claiming that it's legal for the US government to give military support to people who violate the Geneva conventions? You really don't think that's also fucking illegal, under the same fucking conventions?
How could it possibly matter to anyone?

Oh. I remember now why it matters (to you).

Holy god fucking awful shit rush limbaugh worst talking point EVER.

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
I would have to ask a lawyer in international laws and treaties, but I still think Geneva doesn't apply to the "rebels" in this case, US support or not.

First, still dont see what Article 6 had to do with it. Second, if the Geneva Convention itself says it doesn't wholly apply in the case of internal conflicts (which, even with US help, it never left the borders of Libya, so the caveat in the Geneva conventions still stands), then they couldn't have possibly violated a part of that convention that didn't fucking apply to them in the first place.

SKEPTIC

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
On the basis of the UN resolution, I'd argue that common article 2, not common article 3, of the Geneva Convention applies.

The characterization of them as "rebels" does not negate their legal status as combatants under the Geneva Convention, lawfully authorized via the UN resolution.