Libyan dictator Moammar Gadhafi....SO DEAD!!!

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
On the basis of the UN resolution, I'd argue that common article 2, not common article 3, of the Geneva Convention applies.

The characterization of them as "rebels" does not negate their legal status as combatants under the Geneva Convention, lawfully authorized via the UN resolution.

I'd say CA3, just because of this...

This article states that the certain minimum rules of war apply to armed conflict that is not of an international character, but that are contained within the boundaries of a single country.
It's not a cut and dried issue either way, however.

SKEPTIC

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
I'd say CA3, just because of this...

This article states that the certain minimum rules of war apply to armed conflict that is not of an international character, but that are contained within the boundaries of a single country.
However, the language you bolded is preceded by the exclusionary language "not of an international character." So the threshold question is, "Is this an armed conflict of an international character?" If the answer is yes (as I'd argue it is, on the basis of the UN resolution, NATO involvement, etc.), then the language you bolded is irrelevant, and you don't even reach article 3, but are contained within article 2.

It's not a cut and dried issue either way, however.
Actually, I don't think it's a close issue.

"Is this an armed conflict of an international character?"

Is it international? Yes, as you have a U.N. resolution and NATO involvement against the country of Libya. Multiple countries against one country.

Is this an armed conflict? Yes, as you have numerous countries enforcing a no-fly zone, via air to ground and air to air operations.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
there are a few politicians and bankers that should end that way in the US

Lord Zero

BENGHAZI, Libya — Libya’s transitional leader says Islamic Sharia law will be the “basic source” of all law.
Saw that coming. I'm betting everyone else did too.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Alan Greenspan, and a certain half-black 'community organizer' who came to power in 2008....
ive never had an issue with the community leader, expecially since the entire time the the other asshole was in power and i bitched about his shoddy work i was told "he's only a figure head" but there is plenty of other shit bags that are on my list

Psychopath

I want to fuck your girlfriend.
[YT]lXLQAUUpJwU[/YT]
You know who else used to do the same shit, like building soup kitchens and helping the less fortunate while he murdered and tortured his enemies? Alphonse Capone. That video doesn't mean shit.

mills

I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness
"if you outlaw religion, most of our problems will just disappear in a few generations"-george carlin
Carlin's political quips deserve to be taken about as seriously as Jimmy's Uncle Paul impersonations.

Religion isn't the "problem". Genes are the "problem". Religion actually, if anything, is part of the "solution", as it falls under the category of civilization, which exists for the the sole purpose of countering the brutal atrociousness of nature.

People forget.

mills

I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness
Genes are the "problem".
Just to clarify that, we are 100% natural born killers. Every single one of us wants to beat everyone else and fuck the prom queen. Religion is hardly a great thing, but it's some thing. At least it's somewhat keeping us in line.

And you can't deny that every civilization worth half a shit that ever bloomed up had some kind of religion. That proves it's natural and necessary for civilization.

The Godfather

Spark it up for The Godfather and say!!!!!
Wholesome Anglo-Saxon religons build character and morality among society.

The muslims are obviously a problem, when screaming "God is Great" before beheading people is considered religous.

Mark Steyn had a brilliant take on Islam. He basically said (in a nutshell) that Islam isn't a religon like how Christianity or Judiasm is a religon... it is more of an organized political culture.

The Godfather

Spark it up for The Godfather and say!!!!!
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4138000,00.html

Libyan rebel: 'I killed Gaddafi'
Man confesses on camera to shooting Libyan leader twice in head and chest

The rebel, who identified himself as Senad el Sadık el Ureybi, said: "We grabbed him, I hit him in the face. Some fighters wanted to take him away and that's when I shot him twice, in the head and in the chest."

He said he didn't like the idea of Gaddadi being caught alive.

[video=youtube;79UFRfXfMhk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79UFRfXfMhk&[/video]

mr. sin

not sure if these have been posted not gonna look at all

[yt]ijRgDhs9zhI[/yt]

[yt]W0UE4m0b4b0[/yt]

[yt]jhVyZEm83EU[/yt]

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
"if you outlaw religion, most of our problems will just disappear in a few generations"-george carlin
Carlin's political quips deserve to be taken about as seriously as Jimmy's Uncle Paul impersonations.

Religion isn't the "problem". Genes are the "problem". Religion actually, if anything, is part of the "solution", as it falls under the category of civilization, which exists for the the sole purpose of countering the brutal atrociousness of nature.

People forget.
This. Stalin and Hitler were both atheists... so that kinda knocks that argument down. What needs to be "outlawed" if anything is ignorance and stupidity, so that people don't allow leaders to use religion to motivate them into doing terrible things. Religion is used as a tool to motivate and justify. If religion didn't exist, the same violence and immorality would still exist (perhaps in larger levels), it would just be influenced differently.

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
Religion is training wheels for early civilization building. And it's not so much a civilizing influence as it is a method by which to organize and unite a population... for good and evil.

Sufficiently advanced civilizations reach a point where religious bad outweighs the good and they wisely abandon their religious fervor or temper it with logic and reason.

It's a simple fact is that in the world today, the more religious a country you live in, the more likely you are to be a murderer, or to be murdered.

The African American community is VERY religious... so what does that tell you?