Libyan dictator Moammar Gadhafi....SO DEAD!!!

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
This. Stalin and Hitler were both atheists... so that kinda knocks that argument down. What needs to be "outlawed" if anything is ignorance and stupidity, so that people don't allow leaders to use religion to motivate them into doing terrible things. Religion is used as a tool to motivate and justify. If religion didn't exist, the same violence and immorality would still exist (perhaps in larger levels), it would just be influenced differently.
"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction."

Gott mit uns.

God with us.

The Godfather

Spark it up for The Godfather and say!!!!!
The African American community is VERY religious... so what does that tell you?
Are they?!

How many ghetto/hood gang bangers do you see going to Sunday Morning Mass in the inner-city?

It's only the older black population who is into religon.

Creasy Bear

Donator
Yes, they are...

http://www.christianpost.com/news/african-americans-most-religiously-devout-group-36736/

African-Americans Most Religiously Devout Group

African-Americans are the most religiously devout racial group in the nation when it comes to attending services, praying and believing that God exists, according to a recent profile. Compared to the rest of the U.S. population, which is generally considered highly religious, African-Americans engage in religious activities more frequently and express higher levels of religious belief, Pew Research Center's Forum on Religion & Public Life highlighted in a report released in time for Black History Month.

The center's U.S. Religious Landscape Survey, conducted in 2007 on more than 35,000 people, found that 79 percent of African-Americans say religion is very important in their lives while 56 percent of all U.S. adults said the same. Even among African-Americans who are unaffiliated with any particular faith, 45 percent of them say religion is very important compared to 16 percent of the religiously unaffiliated population overall.

Among the various racial and ethnic groups, African-Americans are the most likely to say they belong to a formal religious affiliation. An overwhelming 87 percent of African-Americans identify with a religious group, according to the U.S. Religious Landscape Survey by the Pew Research Center’s Forum on Religion & Public Life.

How many ghetto/hood gang bangers do you see going to Sunday Morning Mass in the inner-city?
And inner-city ghetto/hood gang bangers make up, what? About 93% of the overall black community in America, ya figger?

No... it's not.

The Godfather

And inner-city ghetto/hood gang bangers make up, what? About 93% of the overall black community in America, ya figger?
you really don't have a way with words...

It's a simple fact is that in the world today, the more religious a country you live in, the more likely you are to be a murderer, or to be murdered.

The African American community is VERY religious... so what does that tell you?

Creasy Bear

Donator
you really don't have a way with words...
Thanks for pointing that out. You're using the "No True Scotsman" fallacy... the gangbangers aren't religious, because they do bad things and religious people don't do bad things.

I'm looking at the big picture... the community as a whole. It's not a matter of the(non-religious) bad apples in the black community spoiling the bunch. It's a matter of the fact that the very religious black community is rife with bad apples. Religion fail.

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction."

Gott mit uns.

God with us.

This shit again? You do realize that the Nazis incorporated both religious and atheistic themes to rile the masses? To say that the Nazi movement was religious is fucking stupid. The only reason Hitler didn't burn every church in Germany was because he made a deal with the Pope to leave them alone, and in turn the Vatican would turn a blind eye to Nazi atrocities.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Are they?!

Apparently you've never seen a young person going out of his way thanking God in a post-game interview or at a music awards show.

Josh_R

Good thing we helped depose that Gadhafi guy, now Libya can become the Sharia Law paradise we always hoped for. That's what we were hoping for, right? :trollol:

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Shariah+declaration+raises+concerns+Libya/5597431/story.html
TRIPOLI — The announcement that Islamic Shariah law will be the basis of legislation in newly liberated Libya has raised concerns, especially among women, despite Islamists insisting moderation will prevail.

Interim leader Mustafa Abdel Jalil said on Sunday, during his speech to the nation in Benghazi to formally declare the country's liberation from the ousted regime of Moammer Gadhafi, that Shariah would be Libya's principal law.

"Any law that violates Shariah is null and void legally,"
he said, citing as an example the law on marriage passed during the slain dictator's 42-year tenure that imposed restrictions on polygamy, which is permitted in Islam.

"The law of divorce and marriage . . . This law is contrary to Shariah and it is stopped," Abdel Jalil said.

His comments have provoked criticism and calls for restraint both in Libya and in Europe, amid fears that the Arab Spring may give rise to a potentially intolerant Islamist resurgence.

Many Libyans awaiting Sunday's historic speech expressed surprise at the decision by the National Transitional Council leader to mention the role of Shariah law in the new country before addressing such important issues as security and education.

"It's shocking and insulting to state, after thousands of Libyans have paid for freedom with their lives, that the priority of the new leadership is to allow men to marry in secret," said Rim, 40, a Libyan feminist who requested anonymity.

"We did not slay Goliath so that we now live under the Inquisition," she told AFP.

In his speech, Abdel Jalil also announced the introduction of Islamic banking in Libya in keeping with Shariah which prohibits the earning of interest, or riba in Arabic, that is considered a form of usury.

Adelrahman al-Shatr, one of the founders of the centre-right Party of National Solidarity, launched just last week, said it was premature for the NTC leader to speak about the policies of the new state.

"It is a subject that should be discussed with the different political groups and with the Libyan people," he said.

"These declarations create feelings of pain and bitterness among women who sacrificed so many martyrs," in the eight-month battle against Gadhafi loyalists, he added.

"By abolishing the marriage law, women lose the right to keep the family home if they divorce. It is a disaster for Libyan women."

Western leaders also responded swiftly to Abdel Jalil's comments, with EU foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton saying on Monday Libya's introduction of Shariah law must respect human rights and democratic principles.

Abdel Jalil, a respected former justice minister of Gadhafi who distanced himself from the old regime, is seen as a pious man and a Sufi follower of Islam who is at odds with extremism.

He has already said that the new Libya would not adopt any extremist ideology, and sought to reassure the international community by stating on Monday that Libyans were moderate Muslims.

Nevertheless, Libya's Islamists are a rising force in the country's political arena, some of whom, such as Abdelhakim Belhaj, the founder of the al-Qaida linked but now-disbanded Libyan Islamic Fighting Group (LIFG), are expected to hold prominent positions.

After suffering decades of persecution by Gadhafi, they are also working hard to present themselves as proponents of tolerant, democratic values and policies.

"The rules and laws (in new Libya) should take Islam as a basic reference," Islamist leader Sheikh Ali Sallabi, a supporter of Belhaj, told AFP.

He insisted that freedom, justice, equality and respect for human dignity should be enshrined in the new constitution, along with the peaceful rotation of power.

"We believe in the rights of others to show their programs to the people, and to let the people decide," said Sallabi, who was jailed for eight years during the 1980s in Tripoli's notorious Abu Salim prison.

"We also believe in the freedom of the press and the right to self expression. We believe that our religion accommodates these rights," he added. LOL!!!!!!!!

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/news...ncerns+Libya/5597431/story.html#ixzz1biQGwhm4

Made me chuckle:

Gaddafi's Death Predicted By Sitcom 'Second Chance' (VIDEO)

The news that deposed Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi was captured and killed in his hometown of Sirte took the world by storm Thursday morning, but any devout fans of Matthew Perry's first sitcom could have known it was going to happen.

Of course, there are very few devotees of "Second Chance," these days, and seeing as it only ran during the 1987-1988 TV season, there weren't many fans of the show even back then. But still.

The features the story of Chazz Russell, a man who dies in 2011 but isn't quite fit for either heaven or hell. He goes back in time, to 1987, to help his past self live a better life, engaging with a young and snarky Perry. Before he reached the pearly gates in the pilot, however, Colonel Gaddafi showed up for judgment following his death. We repeat: he died in 2011. (And couldn't take a joke).

Of course, since it was the 80s, he only had a few, barely visible bullet holes. Which is not the case for the real Gaddafi.

[video=youtube;o62MU1q-U1k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=o62MU1q-U1k[/video]

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Donator
Holy shit. I forget about Second Chance. One of the many, many Fox shows that failed miserably in their first years as a network.

Are they?!

Actually, yes, the young person community is extremely religious. Granted, they focus way more on the forgiveness for repentance parts, but there's a whole lot of churchin among the negroids.

If you remember in The Wire they actually went out of their way to ensure truce on Sundays. Someone did something in an episode on a Sunday and Prop Joe had one of his own people taken out for it.

The Godfather

Apparently you've never seen a young person going out of his way thanking God in a post-game interview or at a music awards show.
That's only because they learned it from living with their grandparents, because their moms and dads are in jail for selling crack and being prostitutes

Josh_R

No one cares about the almost-immediate announcement that we have helped to create yet another Sharia Law nation?

This shit again? You do realize that the Nazis incorporated both religious and atheistic themes to rile the masses? To say that the Nazi movement was religious is fucking stupid. The only reason Hitler didn't burn every church in Germany was because he made a deal with the Pope to leave them alone, and in turn the Vatican would turn a blind eye to Nazi atrocities.
Why are you trying? Atheists will never admit that more people have been killed for their cause in the past 100 years than have been killed for "religion".

If you remember in The Wire they actually went out of their way to ensure truce on Sundays. Someone did something in an episode on a Sunday and Prop Joe had one of his own people taken out for it.
They attacked Omar while he was taking his grandmother to church.

The Godfather

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Why are you trying? Atheists will never admit that more people have been killed for their cause in the past 100 years than have been killed for "religion".
The thing you don't get is that Mao, Stalin, etc., didn't kill because of some atheist doctrine.

The thing you don't get is that Mao, Stalin, etc., didn't kill because of some atheist doctrine.
Um... Really?

Stalin followed the position adopted by Lenin that religion was an opiate that needed to be removed in order to construct the ideal communist society. To this end, his government promoted atheism through special atheistic education in schools, massive amounts of anti-religious propaganda, the antireligious work of public institutions (especially the Society of the Godless), discriminatory laws, and also a terror campaign against religious believers. By the late 1930s it had become dangerous to be publicly associated with religion.
Well, I guess technically they didn't kill BECAUSE of it, but they certainly enforced their atheism with murders.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Um... Really?

Well, I guess technically they didn't kill BECAUSE of it, but they certainly enforced their atheism with murders.
But the tens of millions of murders aren't attributed to killing religious people. I'm sure the vast majority of them were killed for political reasons.

And throwing Hitler in there with them isn't exactly fair. While he himself may have been an atheist, he recognized the value of it for controlling the masses.

I like this though:
Stalin followed the position adopted by Lenin that religion was an opiate that needed to be removed in order to construct the ideal communist society.
I wish I had a nickel for every time I've seen some Wackbagger post that around here. :icon_cool

But the tens of millions of murders aren't attributed to killing religious people. I'm sure the vast majority of them were killed for political reasons.

And throwing Hitler in there with them isn't exactly fair. While he himself may have been an atheist, he recognized the value of it for controlling the masses.
Most were killed because they were obstacles to Communism.

Look, I don't know what other people are arguing, but my position was never "atheism killed more people than religion." My position is "even without religion, people are just as capable of atrocities." Atheists love to pretend that religion was the cause of millions of deaths. Wrong. The cause was humans. Religion was the excuse, but without it, people just find some other excuse.

I like this though:

I wish I had a nickel for every time I've seen some Wackbagger post that around here. :icon_cool
The Opiate thing is a Marx quote. "Die Religion ... ist das Opium des Volkes"

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
That was my point. Religion is not the root of evil, but one of the tools evil people use to carry out evil acts. If religion didn't exist, these people would use greed, envy, threat, or whatever else and it would be just as effective. People inherently want to do terrible things, and religion is often the justification or the prevention of those things.

Regarding the black communities being both religious and having criminal elements, that is a cultural issue, not a religious one. Baptism is probably the most popular one practiced, and yet you don't see white baptists with crime inherent in their communities.

I would also argue that in modern America, religion has been associated with far more good than evil.