Life [NBC Wed - 10 PM]

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
Didn't see a thread for this one, so I figured I'd (hopefully) get the talk rolling on it. A few episodes in to the series, I've caught them all, and I'm really diggin' the show so far. Crews is a very entertaining character with all his enlightened bullshit, and I just think the whole idea behind the show is fairly neat.

So, feel free to discuss, or flame away.

Swede Boy

Nov 25, 2004
one of the better cop shows I've seen in a while, but I was unsure at first was that it had Damian Lewis in it that made me check out the first episodes, he was so good in Band of brothers

Aizazzle

I always have a plan
Jul 27, 2006
Philly
I have watched all the episodes so far. They episodes have gotten progressively better each week. This week's episode was one of the most enjoyable cop show episodes I have watched. Easley is one cool homeless guy.

It's one of the better cop shows out there. It's quite an intelligent show, and it's main character has a somewhat twisted sense og humor. I like Damian Lewis' work in this, one, he portrays Crews quite well. The show is also realistic in the aspect; That even after all the money and shit he got Crews still wats to solve his case.

Next week's episode looks pretty good with whole "Angel" and "Devil" I just hope it doesn't disappoint.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
There should be more action on a thread for this fantastic show. Did anyone else catch that the LT is the same chick that played Calamity Jane on Deadwood? Damn good actress that it took me this long to figure it out.

BTW, great show again today.

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
Yeah, I'm a big fan of this show, it's the only new one this season I'm watching. I didn't catch tonight's episode because of hockey practice, I'll have to watch it tomorrow.

Come on people, give this show a shot!

Aizazzle

I always have a plan
Jul 27, 2006
Philly
Another great episode from Life. Charlie Crews' brilliance really shows in this episode with his figuring out Farthingale(which was brilliant idea).

The puzzle that is Charlie Crews's case continues to impress. With Reese's father coming in it seems we are in for some more intrigue. He seems like a likely candidate right now, but I don't think he framed Crews.

The detective dying gives a nice twist on the Charlie's story. I just hope they don't disappoint with the ending. According to an interview I read, Damien Lewis(Crews) says we will get a nice twist at the end of the season.

As for the ratings

Life has been pretty solid in the ratings especially going up against CSI. Drawing from 6.1 to 6.3 million viewers since it has started. I don't think it is in the immediate danger of being cut(Like Journeyman), though you never know with this strike.

Apr 12, 2003
cleveland
I watched a few eps just cause it was the band of brothers guy and sarah shahi or whatever her name is is so hot but it was just kinda blah.

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
I finally watched last Wednesday's episode. Best one in the series so far. I love how every week his case gets more and more complicated, and it looks like shit's gonna get even worse for him next week. This show better make it through the strike.

Aizazzle

I always have a plan
Jul 27, 2006
Philly
Great news, kids. Inside sources tell me two of my new faves, Chuck and Life, have both gotten "back nine" orders from NBC, meaning when the strike ends they'll get full seasons!
http://www.eonline.com/gossip/krist...13-7912-4e5e-ab48-19d3cd6f6cc5&sid=fd-kristin

We get another season of Life!!

I didn't think NBC would be smart enough to realize they had a great show in Life, but they have proven me wrong(still doesn't mean they are not dumb letting Journeyman go). I'm very happy about this as Life is one of my new favorites.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
This show does not get enough buzz here. Another fantastic episode tonight. And the idea of two new episodes of Life next week is making me leak a little.

Squat Toilet

Jun 13, 2006
Chicago
I concur, the show is great. I caught up w/ all the episodes about 2 weeks ago. I don't like Life, I LOOOOVE IT ! Tonights show was awesome. Very happy to hear we will get another year too.

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
http://www.eonline.com/gossip/krist...13-7912-4e5e-ab48-19d3cd6f6cc5&sid=fd-kristin

We get another season of Life!!

I didn't think NBC would be smart enough to realize they had a great show in Life, but they have proven me wrong(still doesn't mean they are not dumb letting Journeyman go). I'm very happy about this as Life is one of my new favorites.
Fuckin a right. This is a great show and I'm so happy it gets another season.

This show does not get enough buzz here. Another fantastic episode tonight. And the idea of two new episodes of Life next week is making me leak a little.
Seriously, when I saw we get episodes Monday and Wednesday, I had a similar reaction. I love how Reese's dad is somehow involved with the case going on, and it's great to see how frustrated Crews can make that IAD cunt.

Aizazzle

I always have a plan
Jul 27, 2006
Philly
Seriously, when I saw we get episodes Monday and Wednesday, I had a similar reaction. I love how Reese's dad is somehow involved with the case going on, and it's great to see how frustrated Crews can make that IAD cunt.
Reese's father's storyline is one of the most intriguing storylines I have watched. It has some serious potential, and I think the Life crew and writers will deliver.

It has to be said Damian Lewis' acting is great, it especially shows when frustrates the IAD cunt. Charlie Crews is one of the most brilliant characters out there, he can be a genius and annoying at the same time.

HateMyName

Functioning Psychotic
Oct 15, 2004
DC suburbs
This show could have been yet another cop show with a too simple title. Instead it's very entertaining, I'm not sure if it's supposed to be a comedy but Crews is very funny. I think his current car is a Shelby, so it's sorta topical.

Robin Weigert was Calamity Jane in Deadwood and is now on Life. She had a nude scene in Deadwood, and Crews' partner was on the L Word...

Squat Toilet

Jun 13, 2006
Chicago
Great show again tonight. This Wednesday episode looks awesome. I can't wait.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Shit is coming to a head. Fucking fantastic tonight.

I am not here.

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
Shit is coming to a head. Fucking fantastic tonight.

I am not here.
Just more likely to be here than to not be here. I fucking love Crews. It's looking more and more like Jack Reese is a bad, bad man, and Wednesday's looks like a really intense episode. Can't wait.

Aizazzle

I always have a plan
Jul 27, 2006
Philly
Monday's episode turned out to be pretty good in content. Once again Charlie Crews delievered ( you have to love the "I'm not here" line), but also rating wise drawing a 4.3 which beat the past few Journeyman episodes. It saddend me to say it, but it looks like Life will probably take over Journeyman's slot. While it doesn't me happy Journeyman will be gone; I'm still happy that an intriguing show like Life will take over for it.

Other than that gents get ready for tonight's show it looks like shit really hits the fan....

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
Damn. That was awesome. I gotta say though, I knew
that Harris' daughter was going to be Rachel or whatever her name was from the crime scene.
It was cool to see a different side of Crews this episode, and I definitely can't wait until new episodes start up again.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Fucking fantastic season finally. I guessed the spoiler immediately as well.
And you have to love two shots, two kills Charlie
Dig a hole, fill it back up.

And remember, Life is not in the Monday night timeslot...it's just more likely to be in that timeslot than not be.

Jables2002

Breaking Down The 8th Wall
Jul 1, 2005
Corona, CA
Great "finale". I can't wait until it comes back. Fucking hollywood. Hurry the fuck up.

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
Great way to end it for now.
The retired captain vs Charlie Crews.

Dani Reese & Robert Stark searching for the snake was great comic relief. Robert Stark as the Alfred type character is also nice.