Lightscribe software

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
I just bought a pair of LG DVD burners. Both are dual layer, and can do DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW, and DVD-RAM.

I bought one that can do Lightscribe and I plan on only using Lightscribe media so I can burn nice labels. The problem is, no Lightscribe software.

Any suggestions? Some drives seem to come with software. I poked around, couldn't find anything to download that wasn't some kind of trial version.

WonkaVision

To my Friends!!! To My Friends!!!
Sep 5, 2005
Litescribe blows..I got it to...but you can never find a variety of DVD's which are able to use it. I could only find 4X speed. Maybe that has changed now.

sniper

Front, and to the right...
Wackbag Staff
It's My Birthday!
Oct 13, 2004
Litescribe blows..I got it to...but you can never find a variety of DVD's which are able to use it. I could only find 4X speed. Maybe that has changed now.
It has changed a bit, but the discs are still a bitch to find, and not really worth it IMO. I still prefer a Sharpie.

NightStalker3

a complete moron that posts
Oct 4, 2004
It has changed a bit, but the discs are still a bitch to find, and not really worth it IMO. I still prefer a Sharpie.
Yeah its fun for awhile, I find myself resorting back to sharpie or the "what the fuck is on this disc method."

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Thanks for the link. Their basic software is all I need. My laptop DVD drive sounds like a popcorn machine when using discs that have labels stuck to them. That's why I want to use Lightscribe.

As far as media goes, I've seen 16X Lightscribe media at Staples and Office Max.

I am heading out later this afternoon to pick up some blanks.

MAV

Nov 23, 2005
nero has the lightscribe software it too. it came with mine. takes a while to write the label though is my only real complaint

Dec 25, 2005
I have the software on my laptop... never picked up the discs. Are they much more expensive? Call me cheap, but sharpies work for me.

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
I went to OfficeMax today and bought some Lightscribe CD-R's and DVD+Rs. The CD-R's are 52X and the DVD+R's are 16X.

The Lightscribe versions cost a little more, but I am not gonna sweat it. This was just to get started. I'm gonna keep my eyes open. I always used to see Lightscribe media marked down on the clearance tables at Staples and other places, but I never had a drive that used it so I never bought any.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
I like Nero 6 with lightscribe, but can't use Nero 6 on my Vista Machine and they just say buy Nero 7. Fuck 'em!!!! I just use the crappy free one that lighscribe has on their web page.