July 17, 2007 7:30 PM

Chicago - Lincoln Park
2817 North Clark St.
Chicago, IL
Phone:773.935.3909

bayzbol44

Apr 25, 2005
Chi-Town
Well all right! I have to work that night, but great to hear Jimmy has not forgotten 'bout us Shycago people.

C

chi/townO&A fan

add another listener to the list im planning on attending

Vic Mackey

Jay Marriotti is a heiney-bird
Jul 26, 2005
Chicago, IL
Damn, I have to go to Palo Alto for work next week, sucks I have to miss it.

I did hear him call into Dahl last week, and Steve said that they are doing really well in the ratings here, and the station is very pleased and still wants to get them here for a week.

C

chi/townO&A fan

Damn, I have to go to Palo Alto for work next week, sucks I have to miss it.

I did hear him call into Dahl last week, and Steve said that they are doing really well in the ratings here, and the station is very pleased and still wants to get them here for a week.
I wished they did a traveling tour date here in chicago it would of been awesome.

Chester's Ashes

Just sitting awn the mantle in my uuuurn
May 28, 2005
Chicago
There will be a WOW sticker stop at this event as well. Myself and a few other Pests have a few hundred WOW stickers to unload.

C

chi/townO&A fan

awesome,I will take a couple if that's no problem..

There will be a WOW sticker stop at this event as well. Myself and a few other Pests have a few hundred WOW stickers to unload.

C

chi/townO&A fan

Avatar changed for the day. You fuckers can recognize me by face and say hi.
I will be easy to recognize since im probably the only mexican that will be in the store.....

Fruit Monkey

Don't stare at it eat it! P-1 In trainning
Oct 4, 2004
Intransit
Just got back from CHICAGO. Got to say to all of u there WOW what a nice city. VERY impressed! If you never been to Chicago i suggest you go and just walk around and enjoy yourself.

Deadbent

You can go fuck.
Aug 19, 2005
Chicago, IL. Southside, stupid.
I enjoyed myself tonight. And I enjoyed meeting people.

Pics will be forthcoming, once Cokelogic get's em uploaded.

And no, no bananaphone costume for me. ;)

Toldja.

Fleet

Boilermaker
Mar 18, 2005
Detroit Rock City
Just made it back from the Chicago signing. I drove in from Detroit for the day. No, not just for Lil Jimmy, but I timed my work trip around his visit. I expected more people there. I arrived about 1.5 hours early, and no one was there. At the 1 hour mark there were 3 of us waiting. The room did fill up a bit at Borders by the time Jimmy showed up, but not really overflowing. The people who did show up were very nice and orderly. No problem with line cutting except for me. After my pic was taken with Jimmy, I realized the photo didn't come out so I cut to the front for another shot. Jim was real nice, and even gave me a fake pity smile at my nervous comment to him. I suppose he's been in my shoes before, nervous at a meet opportunity.

When I heard the guys from this site giving out stickers and calling each other by Wackbag handles, it was like seeing some famous people. Really strange. Wow was that the real cokelogic? Yeah whatever. The woman taking down names for the signing enjoyed the Wackbag handles. Can you have Jim make this out to "Partial Abortion" please? Enjoyed that one myself.

A good trip even though the Dan Ryan freeway was closed on the way up there. Looking forward to the Virus stop in Detroit in a couple of weeks.

Deadbent

You can go fuck.
Aug 19, 2005
Chicago, IL. Southside, stupid.
The woman taking down names for the signing enjoyed the Wackbag handles. Can you have Jim make this out to "Partial Abortion" please? Enjoyed that one myself.
What was funny too, was the look of relief on that chicks face, as she watched everyone file out of the building downstairs. I literally watched her breathe a sigh of relief after each person pushed the exit door.

Fleet

Boilermaker
Mar 18, 2005
Detroit Rock City
What was funny too, was the look of relief on that chicks face, as she watched everyone file out of the building downstairs. I literally watched her breathe a sigh of relief after each person pushed the exit door.
Yeah, I don't think she knew what was to be expected. "Quite a Boys Club Here" was her comment to the group I believe. Although I must admit, everyone I encountered at the book store - fans, employees, were very nice. The guy who sold me the book downstairs was chatting up the radio show a bit. A very well run event in my opinion.

I did notice the pile of books on the counter shrink as people noticed them by the signing table. Hopefully those are sales for Jim. But pretty lax security up there.

Capt.Hilarious

Of all the names to choose...Capt.Hilarious?
Apr 26, 2006
MD
Man I am such an ass...I honestly live TWO minutes away from that Borders and I had a fucking dinner I had to go to. I was honestly sulking that I couldn't make it. Well, hopefully, I he will do some shows out here soon that I can make.

Sorry I couldn't represent. But I am glad to hear that the showing was decent.

C

chi/townO&A fan

yeah it was great to meet other O&A fans.it was a decent turn out.........JUAN

bayzbol44

Apr 25, 2005
Chi-Town
I know I had to work, but I just wish the Chicago stuff would get better turnouts. Oh well, maybe next time.

Oct 8, 2003
Chicago, IL
So Chicago's turnout sucked?
Who's saying that? It was a constant flow of people the entire time. It was far from Spinal Tap's signing of Smell the Glove (or was it their Black Album; I'll have to re-watch the movie).