Lil' Jimmy Gets his Wish!

boomer

A Fancy Man
Oct 9, 2004
Ok, it ain't a nice dump on the chest from a tranny, but it's still up there in things he said he wanted.

Frank Daraboonnnnnnt is doing the Long Walk as his next movie. After the strike ends of course.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
Thanks for the info. Ever since they talked about it I have been intrigued. Should I read the book first or wait for the movie in your opinion?

boomer

A Fancy Man
Oct 9, 2004
Thanks BB1!

I'd say read the book. If your going to read any Steven King, The Bachman Books had 4 of the best novella's he's written. I hear they pulled Rage after Columbine which is sad because it was friggin' excellent. Try and find an older print...you'll thank me.

thegreenninja

Alkey fan since day 1
Feb 15, 2006
Your moms box.
I'd say read the book. If your going to read any Steven King, The Bachman Books had 4 of the best novella's he's written. I hear they pulled Rage after Columbine which is sad because it was friggin' excellent. Try and find an older print...you'll thank me.
I agree. The Long Walk and The Running Man are both Orwellian depictions of the future of government and media that are excellent reads. Rage and Roadwork are both great stories of people gone over the edge. Any of them can easily be read in a single night. I highly recommend picking up the book.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Lil Jimmiy

FUCK!!!! I'm a douche.
And guess what you can't edit!

:icon_redf
No but I can. Fixed that for ya!
Sorry, I would never dream of busting the balls of a Mod here, especially when it's in his sig pic or his user name...:action-sm

But it's actually spelled Li'l, not Lil'. The apostrophe always takes the place of the missing letter or letters before the last consonant.

From: http://www.eslteachersboard.com/cgi-bin/articles/index.pl?noframes;read=1395
The title of this article "That Cute Li'l Ol' Apostrophe" is an example. Here I've used apostrophes to show the contractions that are made in colloquial speech, as in the case of

Little -> Li'l
Old -> Ol'
Just sayin...;)

But anything that Mr. King does is usually a good read. Did anyone read Dreamcatcher? That's the one he wrote entirely by hand using pencils and pens and notebook paper while he was recovering from getting run over by a car. The book was so awesome, but the movie was just HORRIBLE!

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
One thing stuck with me all these years in the book was the preposterous idea that someone would save a terd shat out by one of the walkers as a memento. Mind you this was written 25 years ago, but today I believe someone would.

thegreenninja

Alkey fan since day 1
Feb 15, 2006
Your moms box.
Sorry, I would never dream of busting the balls of a Mod here, especially when it's in his sig pic or his user name...:action-sm

But it's actually spelled Li'l, not Lil'. The apostrophe always takes the place of the missing letter or letters before the last consonant.

From: http://www.eslteachersboard.com/cgi-bin/articles/index.pl?noframes;read=1395

Just sayin...;)

The mistake was Jimmiy, not li'l.
Just sayin'.... using the appropriate apostrophe that you yourself forgot, grammar Nazi.

Mags

Edgelord
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute

Just sayin...;)

But anything that Mr. King does is usually a good read. Did anyone read Dreamcatcher? That's the one he wrote entirely by hand using pencils and pens and notebook paper while he was recovering from getting run over by a car. The book was so awesome, but the movie was just HORRIBLE!
In.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
With the strike expecting to last months, Long Walk could be a while since he is already committed to Fahrenheit 451, due out in 2009 according to IMDB.

I just recently re-read 451 because my daughter had to for her summer reading in school and was glad I did. Books like that and 1984 get even better every 5 years or so as you get older.

Rotten Tomatoes article on Long Walk

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
With the strike expecting to last months, Long Walk could be a while since he is already committed to Fahrenheit 451, due out in 1999 according to IMDB.

I just recently re-read 451 because my daughter had to for her summer reading in school and was glad I did. Books like that and 1984 get even better every 5 years or so as you get older.

Rotten Tomatoes article on Long Walk
out in 1999 you say?

Shane1V

Eggnog Flavored Cum
Jun 8, 2004
Brooklyn
But anything that Mr. King does is usually a good read. Did anyone read Dreamcatcher? That's the one he wrote entirely by hand using pencils and pens and notebook paper while he was recovering from getting run over by a car. The book was so awesome, but the movie was just HORRIBLE![/quote]

Dreamcatcher was a great book, and the movie was on the money till the end, which if I remember correctly was different from the books and awful.
Yes?

Bit Wrecker

Too big to fail
Oct 10, 2006
I say definitely read the books before seeing the movies, especially with King. That way you can imagine everything before you have concrete images in your head or see actors you recognize as the characters.