OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Limbaugh's "Phony Soldier" Remarks

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by LiddyRules, Oct 1, 2007.

1. LiddyRules

LiddyRules I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy

And before people start saying how the Democrats are only going after poor conservative Limbaugh, they overwhelmingly condemned a liberal moveon.org ad last week because it didn't get General Petrelli warm and fuzzy feelings.

But this is getting ridiculous between last week's condemnation and this week's wannabe condemnation. There's a war going on, there are so many legitimate problems in this country and we are nitpicking Nancies. Messageboards are encouraged to eat their own; Congress should not waste their time on this shit.

2. UCFGavin

UCFGavin Registered User

can't stand that fucking hypocrite.

3. TheDrip

TheDrip I'm bi-winning.

Why face the tough issues when you can spend your legislative time fucking around with things like this.

For the record though, there's no media 'smear' against fatso. His out of context would have been fine if he didn't refer to Jesse MacBeth until almost 3 minutes after his phony soldiers comment. The comment was used while they were talking about how 'real' soldiers who are behind the war and 'phony' soldiers aren't. Basically in it's true context it was like saying 'real men' and 'pussies'.

Fuck that fatty.

4. Southpaw

Southpaw Registered User

QFT

And again we are treated to the political cluelessness of the Demorats. Didja HAVE TO have John Kerry be the guy to speak out on this? So we can argue about Winter Soldier for the millionth time???

5. nikoloslvy

nikoloslvy I wear my sunglasses at night...Anyone want fries?
    Donator

6. nikoloslvy

nikoloslvy I wear my sunglasses at night...Anyone want fries?
    Donator

jessie washed out of boot camp after 40 days.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2007/09/anti-war-youtub.html

Anti-War YouTube 'Vet' Admits He Is Faker

September 21, 2007 3:11 PM

Brian Ross and Vic Walter Report:

Antiwaryoutub_mn A Washington man, whose claims to have slaughtered civilians as a U.S. Army Ranger in Iraq were seen by millions on YouTube, admitted in federal court in Seattle today that he was a fake and a liar.

Jesse Adam Macbeth, 23, pleaded guilty to charges he faked his war record.

"He was in the Army for 40 days before he was kicked out of boot camp for being unfit," said U.S. Attorney Jeffrey C. Sullivan. "He was never in Iraq."

Macbeth's story of killing men and women as they left a Baghdad mosque included claims that he was a U.S. Army Ranger and had received the Purple Heart for injuries suffered in combat in Iraq.

His interview was translated into Arabic and distributed in the Middle East, said the U.S. attorney.

"Macbeth's lies fueled hostility to our servicemen in Iraq and here at home," Sullivan said.

Federal prosecutors and investigators with the Office of the Inspector General for the Department of Veterans Affairs say they are in the midst of a crackdown on phony heroes.

"The phony war hero phenomenon plagues the American landscape and tarnishes the service of thousands of veterans who have served honorable," said Douglas Carver, special agent in charge of the VA's inspector general operation in the west.

In another recent case, investigators uncovered a man who posed as a U.S. Marine Chaplain, officiating at the weddings and funerals of Marines.

Reggie Lee Buddle, 59, of Puyallup, Wash., was sentenced to two years of probation in July after pleading guilty to charges he wore a Marine Captain's uniform and insignia.

Buddle, who never served in the Marines, participated in an opening ceremony of the Washington state Senate last year, delivering the opening prayer.

Macbeth, the phony U.S. soldier who claimed to have committed atrocities, was sentenced to five months in jail.

He told the judge today he wanted to apologize to "the real American heroes."

He said he lied about his military record in order to get money and treatment from the VA hospital.

7. Capt.Caveman

Capt.Caveman Totally unlikeable

good job niko

8. fuckwit

fuckwit He loves you, and he needs money.

Thanks for the links nik.

Limbaugh is right about Jesse Macbeth. I remember first reading about that when the blogs were exposing that guy. He's a douche. But Limbaugh contradicts himself in that video. He says "Phony SoldierS" plural. Yet in his preface to the clip in context he claims it was in reference to one soldier.

Hows that for nitpicking? :)

9. LiddyRules

LiddyRules I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy

QFT x 2. Bringing Bucky back from the dead was fucking retarded.

10. Vyce

Vyce Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.

Whoa. Slow down.

I don't think it's fair to say that Democrats 'overwhelmingly' voted for that resolution. In fact, a look at the roll shows that 24 Democrat Senators voted against it. Obama was too much of a pussy to vote one way or another, and then afterwards bragged about how he was smart for not taking a stance on the issue.

You might be referring to the House, though, which did overwhelmingly pass such a resolution. The roll can be found here. Of note, all of the 79 votes against the resolution came from one party. Protip: it wasn't Republicans.

I'm not a fan of Rush Limbaugh; I find the man to be an ass, and I'm quite proud of the fact that I don't think I've ever heard more than a minute or two of his godawful program at any given point (pretty much the most I hear of his show is when he says something which gets media attention like this). But in this case? He really is the victim of a manufactured controversy, perpetrated by groups like Media Matters, who should sound familiar to you, considering they had a hand in doing Imus in.

In this regard, Rush is actually right. There have been several cases of the hardcore anti-war crowd championing individuals who profess to be soldiers, who detail all sorts of war crimes our military is allegedly caring out in Iraq, and time after time, these individuals are exposed as liars. Some have NEVER been in the service, others had been but their stories don't hold up for whatever reason (often times, it's because the individual claims to have witnessed war crimes in places they were never stationed in or even visited). Remember Scott Beauchamp? He was just the latest in a long line of this sort of phenomenon, only his exposure was so spectacular that he's singlehandedly all but destroyed whatever credibility The New Republic once had.

That's the context Rush was talking about when he said "phony soldiers". And I know, Rush is a douche, but he deserves the same benefit of the doubt, to have his remarks taken in context, that someone like Imus deserved with regards to "nappy headed ho."

Hey, do you remember a week or two ago, when all of the Democrats were telling us that the uproar over the MoveOn.org Petraeus ad was a lot of false outrage, and was distracting us from the real debate over Iraq (even though basically the entire MONTH of September was nothing but one big debate over Iraq)? What a difference a week makes. I don't see them saying the same about this Rush situation now.

I agree that this is a waste of time. But it's not without its purpose. See, it turns out that the MoveOn.org ad was VERY effective, only in ways that Democrats never intended. And, speaking of the debate on Iraq, this whole controversy may be because Democrats need a distraction from this.

The most delicious irony of all (other than Harry Reid questioning Limbaugh's patriotism - hey wait, THAT sounds familiar....), Senator Tom Harkin, who really laid into Rush today with some vicious ad hominem attacks, seems to be a bit of a phony war hero himself.

11. jagsfans

jagsfans Registered User

This boils down to regardless of your politcal leanings, the man said something and should'nt have to apologize for it. There was nothing wrong with the Moveon.org ads either.

I'm so sick of these idiots in the Media and now even worse in the government doing this. If the government gets involved it actually can become a First amendment issue.

12. Myhairygrundle

Myhairygrundle Screw you guys, I'm going home.

I really believe Media Matters wants to shut down talk radio. They can get rid of Imus. Follow the money, follow the money.

When a group of people can't discuss issues on facts, they attempt to smear the mouthpiece.

Whoever said..."when the debate is lost, slander becomes the speech of the day." had a good point.

Edit...

And how can we forget how some groups tried to get the bbboys fired for the Homeless Charlie comment? We all know that the media forgot to mention all the facts of that one.

13. Deadbent

Deadbent You can go fuck.

Wow, lots of words and things to read. Let me try to sum this up

Non issues. Rush said something that got idiots upset. No smearing conspiracies going on anywhere. Lots of assholes. Creating problems where there are none. Rush pointing out a phony who faked their enlistment and gained media attention. Diverting attention. Rush applauding real soldiers who are in the sandbox. Bunch of congress members, mostly democrats not acknowledging context, only looking at what's between the quotation marks. Non issues. Nothing surprising here. Hot air. Everyone here hates rush. Non issue. Republicans. Democrats. Iraq. Free speech. Non issue.

14. TheDrip

TheDrip I'm bi-winning.

Remember, he can only go so long without seeing his name in the media.

Hell remember that 'going deaf' stunt he pulled a while back?

15. Xyn

Xyn 3 letters, 0 meaning

It's been said before, but I'm just saying it in agreement: Rush, douche. Moveon.org, douches. The government shouldn't be wasting time and tax money on this shit though.

Bunch of cunts.

16. FellowTraveler

FellowTraveler Frank Reynolds is my hero

Fucking Media Matters needs to shut the fuck up. A buck of agenda driven cocksuckers. And the MoveOn bullshit has been happening all through history. During the Civil War newspapers and the equivalent to MoveOn back then would hold public rallies against generals if the leadership was not what they wanted.

17. tar_baby

tar_baby Rush Limbaugh

the liberal smear campaign is in full effect on this one

there is a reason he is the most listened to radio talk show host in the world...because he is RIGHT!...on the other side..there is a reason air america was such a fuckin bomb...no one wants to listen to their lies

18. Zona992006

Zona992006 New Wackbag

Actually it depends on how much of what he said you heard..

19. martianvirus

martianvirus READY THE ANALPROBES!!!!!!!!

liberals/democrats suck monkey ass

20. Capt.Caveman

x2

21. Southpaw

Southpaw Registered User

15 Million Hayseeds Can't Be Wrong!

22. Capt.Caveman

i personally don't like rush, but why does it always have to be rednecks are the only conservatives/republicans?

23. Schmed

Schmed I'm a corpse without a soul...

I prefer "The Savage Nation" over Hush Bimbo. I love when Jimmy made an total ass-cunt out of Al Franken when he was on the show, and Al didn't even know it. Janine Garafolo should get cunt cancer, I despise that scunt.

24. Schmed

Schmed I'm a corpse without a soul...

White liberals are a bunch of phonies when it comes to diversity and tolerance, it is will accepted as long it does not involve their schools, social clubs, housing developments, etc.

25. Capt.Caveman

well that's cause they're better than you and know what's best for everyone....and they're elitist assholes