Listening to O and A at work

King of Depew

Here's the weird thing about my job, my awful job in a factory where I stand in one spot/area for about ten hours. When I left this place, everyone back in the day fucking loved Opie and Anthony. I mean, this is in blue collar, raunchy comedy Buffalo. Now? I come back, everyone fucking hates them. HATES them. I dont know what happened, but in a big shop-type enviornment of 1000 plus workers, Im the only person I know who is a fan or evern listens to the boys in the morning. (I used to work at this place in college, I moved away, Im back for a year, then Im back to Cali)

For all my kvetching about the XM vs FM, it IS nice to be able to just hear the show anywhere on regular radio. Particularly at 7am when Im miserable and the only thing that will make me not wanna shove the pneumatic drill into my eye is the show.

But it's like almost impossible to be able to listen to the fucker. Someone either changes the channel, the goddamn fucking piece of shit antenna wont get the signal and it comes in like crap, or people just bitch about them until I have to change them. Oh, but they listen to that HILARIOUS guy a few stations down, "Larry Norton". What a barrell of monkeys, that show. Oh, let's hear another fucking Styx song, we havent been listening to the same shit on here for 30 years. Fuck.

Anyone else have this problem? The show is your only salvation for total drudgery, but it's just a pain in the fuck to be able to just hear it without all kinds of problems?

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
When I worked in a factory and stood on concrete all day, my knees and ankles ached until I got good boots. I like Redwings with the comfort sole.

Or of course, bowling shoes.

SaintDude

No problem here. I'm a mailman. 5 hour walking route with the previous days show downloaded from Audible. Works out that I get to hear the show in its entirety without commercials. :)

roche

i am lame
Wackbag Staff
Hollywood didn't treat ya right fella?

topher520

learnings for queers
didnt you get the MEMO? They were better back on NEW Maaaaaaaaaannn!!!

I hope your co workers all Die on your day off of course.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Why not get a portable radio with headphones but just stick one earbud in your ear?

King of Depew

didnt you get the MEMO? They were better back on NEW Maaaaaaaaaannn!!!

I hope your co workers all Die on your day off of course.

Me too. Especially this douche bag near me that listens ALL day to: A) Church sermons and then B) Rush Limbaugh. All fucking day. He's such a hard core religious conservative freak fuck that he paints crosses and fish all over his equpiment. Fuckin weirdo.

I cant do the one ear bud thing (I have an Inno too) because it's way too loud in there. Mail man, you're lucky.

Roche, it's an expensive city and the writer's strike fucked me. I'll be back in a year. I was doing very well, just um....not getting paid. Trying to get into the Cinematographers guild/union is a fucking pain in the ass.

roche

i am lame
Wackbag Staff
Roche, it's an expensive city and the writer's strike fucked me. I'll be back in a year. I was doing very well, just um....not getting paid. Trying to get into the Cinematographers guild/union is a fucking pain in the ass.

roche

i am lame
Wackbag Staff
It scares me that you saved that picture. Fucking creep.
Actually, I just did a search for threads you started. You know which one I went to. That picture was posted on page two or three by you.

How long does it take you to find a picture? :action-sm

I must say, a pic with Al Pacino is a major get no matter how douchy you look or how disinterested and crazy he looks.

Actually, I just did a search for threads you started. You know which one I went to. That picture was posted on page two or three by you.

How long does it take you to find a picture? :action-sm
You liar. It's your computer wallpaper. I'll send you an autographed one.

*Yes, Al is a fucking weirdo, Don the Trucker. He looks like a fucking homeless man. It was one of the oddest celebrity meetings I've ever had. He is a strange dude.

I too get the show in mp3 format each day, load it onto the ole mp3 player w. my koss plug headphones (less than $15 AND they work great for blocking out noise) I listen to yesterday's R&F in the morning and then TOday's O&A in the afternoon (I remote to my home pc. and then send the show via I.M.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
I too get the show in mp3 format each day, load it onto the ole mp3 player w. my koss plug headphones (less than $15 AND they work great for blocking out noise) I listen to yesterday's R&F in the morning and then TOday's O&A in the afternoon (I remote to my home pc. and then send the show via I.M.
Which I.M. do you use? I've tried Skype and a couple others and they're pretty slow. How long does it take to transfer?

I too do the MP3 thing at work. I listen to the FM show live while i process damages (retail store), then listen to yesterday's FM+XM for the rest of the day. If they let you have headphones on just tune out your co-workers and enjoy.

foyb

I just added a 10 meg fiber circuit at work, so now I have enough bandwidth to stream XM.

Hoffman

Guess who's back? Hoffman's back
Can we please ban KOD from starting new threads please?

Cubicle job with no human interaction except smoke breaks/lunch + a nice pair of noise-canceling headphones = no problems here.

NightStalker3

a complete moron that posts
Say hello to Rosie the Riveter for us KOD! Keep your head up bro, you'll get back to Tinsel Town soon enough. I use headphones at work.