Little Pigs Racist?

caniseeyourtaint

Passive agressive douche
Holy dogshit!

Did a search but couldn't find anywhere else, sooooo....

Can we as humans just stop being such pussies!

Three Pigs story ruled ‘offensive to Muslims’

Thursday, January 24
A children’s story based on the tale of the Three Little Pigs was rejected for an award after judges became concerned that it would offend Muslims, the Times of London reported.

The animated virtual book for primary school children, The Three Little Cowboy Builders, was also criticized for its potential to offend builders.
The row centered on the Bett awards, which were supported by Becta, the Government’s technology agency for schools. The judges’ remarks, reported on the education technology Web site Merlin John Online, included: “Is it true that all builders are cowboys, builders get their work blown down, and builders are like pigs?
“The idea of taking a traditional tale and retelling a story is fine, but it should not alienate parts of the workforce. Judges would not recommend this product to the Muslim community in particular.”
Ann Curtis, whose company, Shoo Fly Publishing, produced the CD-Rom, said the criticisms were unjustified and could even “propagate a racist stance”. She said: “I felt disbelief, to be honest. As a small company, we have a strong ethical and moral grounding. We support the rights of all children in the world to have access to education.

“To be told that we cynically set out to alienate minority groups is a very narrow-minded view.” She said the group had had messages of support from the local community, including Muslims. The book had already won an award in a separate competition.
But the Bett award’s backers — Becta, the Besa trade association and Emap Education — said that the book was rejected for a range of reasons. In a joint statement, they said: “The reason The Three Little Cowboy Builders was not shortlisted was that it failed to reach the required standard across a number of criteria. The . . . issues highlighted were a small selection from a much broader range of comments.
“In particular, the product was not sufficiently convincing on curriculum and innovation grounds to be shortlisted.”
The statement said the competition aimed to “reward inclusive and accessible designs” and was judged by a panel of 70 people, including many teachers.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,325109,00.html

What am I missing here? Why is it offensive to Muslims?

TheDrip

I'm bi-winning.
It's not like the book was titled "Three Little Towel-headed Savages That Need To Die"

Philly loser

Wackbag Elder Statesman
That's a shame.
I liked that story as a kid.
I can remember my parents telling me about the three little pigs who would wear explosive vests and suicide bomb the big bad wolf's house, all in the peace-loving name of that cock gobbling faggot Mohammed.

DanaReevesLungs

I can keep rhythm with no metronome...
Donator
That's a shame.
I liked that story as a kid.
I can remember my parents telling me about the three little pigs who would wear explosive vests and suicide bomb the big bad wolf's house, all in the peace-loving name of that cock gobbling faggot Mohammed.
:haha7::haha7::haha7::haha7::haha7:

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
What am I missing here? Why is it offensive to Muslims?
X2

I'm open to hearing argument but I'm struggling to understand what in this story could possibly racist?

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
I read this article a couple of times now and they are really fucking over-analyzing these fairy tails.

Sprite

permanent case of the Moooondays
CUNTS. :arrrh:

Top Bottom