Live Action Hong Kong Phooey and Marvin the Martian Test Footage

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005

Wasn't sure whether to place it in Cool Internet Videos or here, but there you go

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
This is why there will never be a Justice League movie.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
I wish nothing but bad tidings for those who made these 'films.'

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I see Hong Kong Phooey whenever I shut my eyes.

SallieTomato

Here'sh The Thing
Jul 25, 2012
SOL.3
Ooh, lookie loo everyone!

A jive talkin' karate dog & his all-knowing cat sidekick!

Just what the cinema needs ....

I'd rather see the original.

Gorilla Pimp

Popped a molly i'm sweatin, WOO
Nov 2, 2009
Mobile, AL
Guy trying to sound like Eddy Murphy.... Looks terrible. I'm sure people will still go see this shit though.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Holy shit..grab for money pieces of shit!!!!!.....I know some asshole will give Hong Kong Fooey (which I am sure an Asian group will be pissed at), 3 stars to not offend the blacks. Which it is totally geared for...

SallieTomato

Here'sh The Thing
Jul 25, 2012
SOL.3
All joking aside -- are there people out there who'd actually pay to see this cliché ridden offal?

Dicktator

I need a Vacation
Feb 11, 2006
Michigan
Guy trying to sound like Eddy Murphy.... Looks terrible. I'm sure people will still go see this shit though.
To all that despise this trailer not just GP
These movies aren't supposed to be for 30+ year old wackbaggers. Of course you should hate it. You should hate this as much as a "YaYa traveling sisterhood pants" trailer

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
CGI Animated Phooey is still freaking me out.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Make it a fucking Cartoon already!!!!!!!!! Enough with the blending... this shit annoys me.
Who thought taking a cartoon and CGI-ing it was a good idea??? Smurfs? shitty.....Marmaduke? Shitty!....Garfield 1 AND FUCKING 2? shitty shitty...!!! Chipmunks 1-3? HOLY FUCKING SHITTY!!!! name recognition and product placement...TIRED OF THIS DRECK!!!!!!!

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
A few notes.

Hong Kong Phooey test footage
  • I hope Eddie Murphy gets raped by Scatman Crothers' ghost while "Party All the Time" plays. He has none of Crothers' smoothness or charm; he's just doing a wacky Eddie Murphy character. It's hard to remember a time when Eddie Murphy was funny outside of the Shrek series.
  • I've never seen a CGI dog coon for an audience before
  • The cat was only thing that wasn't overacting
Marvin the Martian test footage
  • That is the shittiest Marvin the Martian impression I've ever heard in my life. Mike Myers should be lynched for it. It's hard to remember a time when Mike Myers was funny outside of the Shrek series.
  • I never thought I'd live to see someone ruin the "Where's the kaboom?" line
  • A child actor -- just what this movie needs

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
It's hard to remember a time when Eddie Murphy was funny outside of the Shrek series.
Pardon?

I've never seen a CGI dog coon for an audience before
That is going to give me nightmares. I think it's the teeth.

It's hard to remember a time when Mike Myers was funny outside of the Shrek series.
Pardon?
A child actor -- just what this movie needs
You know how the thinking went.
"Yes! We get to make a movie about Marvin the Martian, that's cash in the bag! Merchandising!"
"I know! So...what's his deal?"
"He has a death ray and wants to destroy planets!"
"Oh... How can we make that not be like that?"

EDIT: Here's the plot

On July 29, 2008, Warner Bros. and Alcon Entertainment announced plans for a live action/computer-animated film starring Mike Myers as the voice of Marvin and Christopher Lee as Santa Claus. The film would have involved Marvin trying to destroy the Earth during Christmas by becoming a competitor of Santa Claus' but being prevented from destroying the Earth when Santa wraps him inside a gift box. Alcon compared the project to other films such as Racing Stripes and My Dog Skip.[4] It was initially scheduled for an October 7, 2011 release, but the movie was later taken off the schedule and no word on it has been heard since. Test footage of the film and the Eddie Murphy vehicle Hong Kong Phooey was leaked on December 28th, 2012.[5]
I hope Christopher Lee Santa is the same as Evil Sender.