Lobo

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
[h=2]The Rock Might Be Playing Lobo[/h] July 16, 2012 in brad peyton, casting, dwayne johnson, joel silver, lobo, movie, news

According to Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, rumors of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson possibly playing Lobo are true.
The grappler-turned-actor--who was once loosely attached to another DC property--yesterday posted to Twitter:
Rumors of me possibly playing LOBO are true. Joel Silver and Brad Peyton working on it now. That could be fun.. ‪#RockTalk‬​
If these #RockNegotiations work out, the project would be a reunion for Johnson and director Brad Peyton, the two having previously collaborated to give Journey 2: The Mysterious Island inventive scenes in which the Rock's giant muscle-breasts deflected some berries.
For those of you thinking, "I barely knew who Green Lantern was, let alone what a Lobo is": Lobo is motorcycle-riding, cigar-smoking, bounty hunting alien originally created in 1983 as a satirical indictment of scowling, violent antiheroes like Punisher and Wolverine. By the '90s, when comics readers had grown increasingly disoriented by all the excessive hatching in the artwork, everyone stopped realizing Lobo was an incisive parody and started genuinely liking what a cool dude this guy was. Assumedly, this adaptation of the character will help bring things full circle, likely starting with a misguided attempt at a badass (maybe with a lot of frowning) but ending up with something we'll all end up laughing at. Or maybe they'll just toss some more fruit at Rock's pecs and see what bounces back. That's worked so far.
http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2012/07/the-rock-might-be-playing-lobo.php

The best was Lobo vs. Santa Claus

Dec 12, 2007
Does the rock remember how to do a movie with no kids in it?

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
Lobo was at it's best when it realized it was a parody and went so over the top it was ridiculous. Like Lobocop or the already mentioned Santa Claus one.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
I don't even bother with a movie if The Rock is cast in it. He's like Jackie Chan. You know it's going to be some kind of G-Rated Milk Toast production with A-Team Style violence.

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
I don't even bother with a movie if The Rock is cast in it. He's like Jackie Chan. You know it's going to be some kind of G-Rated Milk Toast production with A-Team Style violence.
Fast Five defeats your entire argument.

Saikotic

Scraping a dull blade across your tender eyeball
Donator
Mar 5, 2005
Right Behind You
:haha7: :haha7: :haha7:

Lobo would require Dwayne to act as something different than his stiff Rock persona/whatever films. If you want a quality Lobo film, there was a short fan film/student production done years back that is the veritable tits.

Saikotic

Scraping a dull blade across your tender eyeball
Donator
Mar 5, 2005
Right Behind You
:haha7: :haha7: :haha7:

Lobo would require Dwayne to act as something different than his stiff Rock persona/whatever films. If you want a quality Lobo film, there was a short fan film/student production done years back that is the veritable tits.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Fast Five defeats your entire argument.
Eh...I found Fast Five enjoyable, but it's still a kiddie film for adults. I'd go back to that movie he did with Seann William Scott maybe, but even then he was just The Rock.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Eh...I found Fast Five enjoyable, but it's still a kiddie film for adults. I'd go back to that movie he did with Seann William Scott maybe, but even then he was just The Rock.
Southland Tales? I'm pretty sure that's the most recent movie I've seen Dwayne Johnson in.

justifyyourgarb

You drab South Bend cocksuckers are all the same.
Mar 15, 2007
Southland Tales? I'm pretty sure that's the most recent movie I've seen Dwayne Johnson in.
I think he means The Rundown, which was pretty decent.
Southland Tales made no sense to me, and I couldn't shut it off