Logans Run re-make coming

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
I liked this movie,I think it came out about the same time as "westworld",the two are always lumped together in my memory.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/film/news/e3i35dfa8e5f7b68d262b5d290971cf46df

"Logan's Run" is back up and running at Warner Bros. Pictures.

Commercial director Joseph Kosinski will make his directorial debut on the sci-fi thriller, which is being written by Tim Sexton. Joel Silver is producing through his Warners-based Silver Pictures.

"Logan's Run" is best remembered as the 1976 film starring Michael York, Jenny Agutter and Farrah Fawcett, though it was based on a 1967 novel by William F. Nolan and George Clayton Johnson. The premise sees a future society that demands the death of everyone upon reaching a certain age. Anyone who veers from that destiny is dubbed a "runner" and is hunted by operatives known as Sandmen. Logan is a Sandman who is forced to go on the run.

While details of the new take are being kept mum, it is known that it will be low-tech science fiction in a futuristic setting and hew closer to the book than the 1976 movie. The new film will tackle idea of the "greater good" and people devoting themselves to an ideology blindly, while keeping the novel's concepts of runners, Sanctuary and gangs outside the system.

The project had been set up at Warners since the mid-'90s but heated up in 2004 when Bryan Singer signed on to develop and direct with an eye toward a 2005 release. Singer had begun previsualization work on the project before he bolted to do "Superman Returns" for the studio. "Flightplan" director Robert Schwenke and James McTeigue were helmers that had been associated with the project, which eventually fell off the radar.

Kosinski is a former architect whose specs caught the attention of director David Fincher, a building buff who eventually convinced Kosinski to move to Los Angeles, where he joined the director at commercial house, Anonymous Content. Kosinski then moved quickly up the ladder, eventually directing award-winning spots for Nike, Apple and Nintendo using cutting-edge computer technology that erased the lines between reality and CGI.

Kosinski came into Warners with a presentation that included graphic art and animated previsualization that set the look, color, tone and style of the movie he wanted to make. The take jibed with Warners, now living in the post-"300" world where filmmakers can create realistic environments at more modest budgets.

Susan Downey and Navid McIlhargey are overseeing at Silver Pictures. Dan Lin is overseeing for Warners.

Sexton, nominated for an Oscar for his work on "Children of Men," is repped by Endeavor.

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
If we lived in Logan's world, I'd already had floated up to the electrified ceiling.

NightStalker3

a complete moron that posts
Oct 4, 2004
Will the remake have ******* in it? Ice Cube, Cedric The...

Turfmower

Jan 17, 2005
Jersey
Enough with the fucking remakes already. It probably going to be full of CGI, rated PG 13 for the children. Hey HOLLYWOOD FUCK HEADS, How about making a new Original movie with good script instead of fucking up classic movie with you half assed remakes.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Sixty-five, then you DIE! Bring it back quickly, so we can start clearing out the dead wood that is going to bankrupt us.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
i hope they dont fuck it up, but the will, logans run is one of my top 5 pre starwars sci fi flicks, along with OMEGA MAN, soilent green, planet of the apes, forbidden planet... yea i used to watch a lot of saturday creature double feature

Joe Avezzano

Jul 9, 2006
Enough with the fucking remakes already. It probably going to be full of CGI, rated PG 13 for the children. Hey HOLLYWOOD FUCK HEADS, How about making a new Original movie with good script instead of fucking up classic movie with you half assed remakes.
:clap::clap::clap: You beat me to it. This is pretty much what I was going to type the second I saw the thread title. Fuck all these remakes. I'd rather just have no new movies at all and watch my old DVDs.

Jun 24, 2005
Left of Toronto,Canada
I am not a big fan of remakes, but if they stay truer to the book it will be a different movie. In the original movie there was only the one domed city, but in the book the US still exists with many cities as well as people living outside the dome.

Joe Avezzano

Jul 9, 2006
I am not a big fan of remakes, but if they stay truer to the book it will be a different movie. In the original movie there was only the one domed city, but in the book the US still exists with many cities as well as people living outside the dome.
Wait, there's a book? Hmm... off to ebay.

silentbob8201

Jun 29, 2005
hasnt there been enough Logan's Run rip offs?

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
They are Remaking WestWorld Btw
i think a re make of west world would actually work, west world was an effects driven film, the story was almost secondary, with modern effects it could be cool. logans run although full of great 60's effects was way more carictor driven

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
i give up on fire fox spell check,

Arc Lite

As big as your Imagination...
Apr 25, 2005
SW Missouri
Bump. Also tired of the remakes, but still a little hopeful for this one.

Anybody know who's playing Logan? Any guesses on who it will be?

Shia LaBeouf maybe?

:action-sm

ginaf20697

Jul 26, 2005
NH
Barf. Probably. IMDB gives the kill age as 21 :icon_roll

silentbob8201

Jun 29, 2005
I think i was like 10 when this first was announced. That was 16 years ago.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
‘Logan’s Run’ Redo Starts Anew With ‘Colony’s Ryan Condal

EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros is back on track with its long-gestating remake of the pulp sci-fi classic Logan’s Run, and has tapped USA’s Colony co-creator/showrunner Ryan Condal to write a new script. Condal will be basing his screenplay on a treatment by X-Men Apocalypse co-writer Simon Kinberg, who will be producing along with Joel Silver and DC television universe honcho Greg Berlanti.

The film would be a fresh take on the 1967 novel by William F. Nolan and George Clayton Johnson rather than a remake of the 1976 film that starred Michael York. In that novel, citizens of a future society are executed upon reaching their 21st birthday, their age indicated by a glowing crystal embedded in their palm that changes color every seven years until turning black on “Lastday,” at which point they must report to euthanasia stations called “sleepshops.” Those who refuse and try to escape to a rumored refuge called Sanctuary are chased down and executed by agents called “sandmen.” The story follows Logan-5, a sandman who upon turning 21 decides to go out on a high note by locating and dismantling Sanctuary, until he becomes converted to that cause. The 1976 film aged up the premise, setting 30 as the kill-by date rather than 21.

Silver has been trying to get the Logan’s Run remake going at WB for nearly 20 years, and at various points Bryan Singer & Christopher McQuarrie, Joseph Kosinski, Carl Erik Rinsch & screenwriter Alex Garland, Nicolas Winding Refn (whose version would have starred Ryan Gosling and Rose Byrne), and even video game producer Ken Levine have been attached to the film. Often wildly disparate concepts for the remake have been under consideration, most recently a version that would see a woman playing Logan-5. Condal’s signing on to expand on Kinberg’s as-yet unrevealed idea suggests WB has settled on a version they’re happy with.

Condal is co-creator and executive producer of USA Network’s Colony, which was renewed for a second season in February and is set to return in early 2017. He’s also continuing his relationship with his Colony co-creator Carlton Cuse; the pair are currently rewriting the script for Rampage, an adaptation of the seminal arcade game about giant monsters destroying cities directed by San Andreas helmer Brad Peyton and set to star Dwayne Johnson. He’s repped by WME.

Logan’s Run is one of several incoming relaunches of classic science fiction properties, including a TV series remake of Barbarella from Gaumont International Television set for Amazon and written by Skyfall duo Neal Purvis and Robert Wade.

http://deadline.com/2016/06/logans-run-remake-ryan-condal-warner-bros-1201763919/