Looking for a history lesson

fiuspacey

Momus - God of Mockery
Oct 13, 2004
Lakeland, Fl
When Mafia Life Chris called today talking about the Unity Party and Dave started giving him shit I thought to myself, "Wonderful, here goes Dave acting like an ass, shitting all over a proposed Unity Party just to be a dick." Then a few other people called in (I don't remember who they were) backing Dave up on what he was saying. This, of course, spawned an argument on the phones with people just stating their points of view and not listening to the other one talk. (I'm not taking any sides, I thought pretty much everybody was doing this.)

I'm aware of some of the message board people from listening to the show, but I only just started getting into Wackbag and checking in on it on a regular basis like a week ago, so I have no idea as to what the history of all the animosity is. I thought the idea of a Unity Party sounded great. I mean, how deep can this bad blood run? We're all fans of the same radio shows, for Paul's Sake. Then I started hearing about people's social security numbers being posted and other people's jobs being threatened. It just sounds to me like some people on here are taking themselves and their opinions a little too seriously.

So, what happened? Give me a recap, I'd like to know what's going on. I'd like for this thread to be a civilized back and forth, even though I'm sure it'll deteriorate to a caps-locked shouting match.

Nov 8, 2005
Below Canada
from what i remember, accusations of a social security number were compromised, accusations threats of bodily harm were thrown around and also threats of people losing their jobs.
hope that helps.

my boards better than your board...my boards better than yours!

patti

opant: shut up patti
Jun 1, 2007
my moms box
I'm aware of some of the message board people from listening to the show, but I only just started getting into Wackbag and checking in on it on a regular basis like a week ago, so I have no idea as to what the history of all the animosity is.

you've been a member of wb since oct 04 & you're JUST GETTIN INTO WB!!. do you even listen to the shows?!

fiuspacey

Momus - God of Mockery
Oct 13, 2004
Lakeland, Fl
you've been a member of wb since oct 04 & you're JUST GETTIN INTO WB!!. do you even listen to the shows?!
I joined back then because it was mentioned a lot on the show and I wanted to check it out. Once I joined I didn't really feel like getting involved in it. Every once in a while I'd pop in and see what people were talking about. It wasn't until a couple of weeks ago that I made the decision to get more into the message boards and get to know that side of the shows.

As far as listening; I listen to both shows about 90% of the time they're on. I work from home and it allows me to do that.

thegreenninja

Alkey fan since day 1
Feb 15, 2006
Your moms box.
When Mafia Life Chris called today talking about the Unity Party and Dave started giving him shit I thought to myself, "Wonderful, here goes Dave acting like an ass, shitting all over a proposed Unity Party just to be a dick." Then a few other people called in (I don't remember who they were) backing Dave up on what he was saying. This, of course, spawned an argument on the phones with people just stating their points of view and not listening to the other one talk. (I'm not taking any sides, I thought pretty much everybody was doing this.)

I'm aware of some of the message board people from listening to the show, but I only just started getting into Wackbag and checking in on it on a regular basis like a week ago, so I have no idea as to what the history of all the animosity is. I thought the idea of a Unity Party sounded great. I mean, how deep can this bad blood run? We're all fans of the same radio shows, for Paul's Sake. Then I started hearing about people's social security numbers being posted and other people's jobs being threatened. It just sounds to me like some people on here are taking themselves and their opinions a little too seriously.

So, what happened? Give me a recap, I'd like to know what's going on. I'd like for this thread to be a civilized back and forth, even though I'm sure it'll deteriorate to a caps-locked shouting match.
Ignorance is bliss, flu.

Hoagie

I suggest you tread lightly
Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box

None of that has anything to with this board. There is a ridiculous number of message boards supposedly dedicated to either R&F or O&A and they all seem to fight with each other, not over any real bad blood, but to further personal agendas such as getting more attention from the show and fans of the shows or driving up traffic to make more money off advertisements and merchandise. We don't really care about who hates who or why here. We just want it left off our board.

zagman76

Wackbagger, Geek, Administrator
Wackbag Staff
Nov 18, 2004
Long Island, NY
None of that has anything to with this board. There is a ridiculous number of message boards supposedly dedicated to either R&F or O&A and they all seem to fight with each other, not over any real bad blood, but to further personal agendas such as getting more attention from the show and fans of the shows or driving up traffic to make more money off advertisements and merchandise. We don't really care about who hates who or why here. We just want it left off our board.
QFT!

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Oh and the message board drama is just the same old thing. People trying to make everything about them. There's a reason I like WB. We don't have that kind of stuff here.

NikkorTheMonk

Apr 26, 2005
IMO, most of the other boards splintered so they be be best buddy with several of the cast and get themselves into the fold, aka drama. It has nothing to do with the quality of the program, but who can actually get themselves into the show.

It's Lord of the Flies over there and the crowd is starting to prance around the campfire.

Turd Fergusson

Apr 25, 2007
Michigan
It's not too hard to figure out when you consider that most of the boards' members are:

a) self-absorbed, self-important assholes, b) children, or c) both

I'm just glad that despite everyone's differences, at least we all agree that ESD is great.

PMB917

Black Earl fan since day one
Oct 4, 2004
Peabody MA
Personally I dont understand why people were upset with calling it a "Unity" party...Am I missing something?

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Personally I dont understand why people were upset with calling it a "Unity" party...Am I missing something?
Apparently they're afraid that if they can't come to the party, they'll be viewed as not wanting to be friends with everyone else. The only way I'd see that as being an issue is if these folks have a history of not getting along. I can't honestly tell you where all of the drama comes from, except that it's not from here. I suspect a lot of it happens on Paltalk, the rooms there can be VERY clique-ey.

Personally, everyone involved in these things has been cool to me (at least the people that I've met) and it kinda sucks seeing people you like not getting along.

And it seems to be that girls are always behind the trouble, but what else is new?

thegreenninja

Alkey fan since day 1
Feb 15, 2006
Your moms box.
Apparently they're afraid that if they can't come to the party, they'll be viewed as not wanting to be friends with everyone else.
The "Unity" name implies that those that can not or choose not to attend, are cast into that exact demographic. Calling it the "High Road" party is not an improvement.

DonTheTrucker said:
The only way I'd see that as being an issue is if these folks have a history of not getting along. I can't honestly tell you where all of the drama comes from, except that it's not from here. I suspect a lot of it happens on Paltalk, the rooms there can be VERY clique-ey.
There are issues that occur outside of the boards that people discuss on Paltalk. Not everyone is going to be friends with everyone else just because they enjoy the same radio show, Your cause and effect reasoning is reversed.

DonTheTrucker said:
Personally, everyone involved in these things has been cool to me (at least the people that I've met) and it kinda sucks seeing people you like not getting along.
I agree, everyone in this community has been extraordinarily cool to me. It does suck, but everyone is not going to get along with everyone else, no matter how many common interests they have, much less a loose affiliation to one of two radio shows.

nikoloslvy

I wear my sunglasses at night...Anyone want fries?
Donator
May 5, 2003
franklin rulez!

shakespear

Nov 17, 2006
I cant believe people fight over a radio show.

Fighting over a message board is much worse though..

Sep 23, 2004
Oh god, I am getting so sick of these assholes putting their petty bullshit on the Ron and Fez show. Does anyone honestly give a shit if people pick on Mafialifechris? I think he's an ok guy, I've never seen him trash anyone on the messageboard, I don't give a fuck if he gets flamed everyday. I don't care if person X has a problem with person Y, that's great, be adults and keep your business to yourself. The rest of the world DOES NOT CARE.

MilkmanDan

Uncontrollable Urge
Jan 13, 2003
Philly
From my understanding certain members of a board Chris' new site spun off of took it upon themselves to lay into him for basically no good reason. Which is a shame since Spread the Iris seems to talk about the show and have very little drama.

In the meantime, the Battlestar Wackbag sallys forth, with a ragtag fleet of msg boards trailing behind it... in search of a planet called... TaxKuntz

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Oh god, I am getting so sick of these assholes putting their petty bullshit on the Ron and Fez show. Does anyone honestly give a shit if people pick on Mafialifechris? I think he's an ok guy, I've never seen him trash anyone on the messageboard, I don't give a fuck if he gets flamed everyday. I don't care if person X has a problem with person Y, that's great, be adults and keep your business to yourself. The rest of the world DOES NOT CARE.
If I have any complaint about R&F is that they have always given a little too much time to the boards. It's great for those of us who are active on the boards, but I can see how some people would tire of it quickly.

I just refuse to get involved in the drama. It sucks that some people try to prop themselves up by picking on cool people.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
I just think its time for people to realize if there wasn't a radio show, that the people that are fighting, still wouldn't get along. I mean I can understand what MLC is trying to do, but no party is going to change that.

DeltaPin

Donator
Feb 17, 2005
NJ
Wackbag = Switzerland