looking for a new game. helpme out

pink soccer

I bring nothing to the table
Jul 23, 2008
Southern Cal.
Im a fickle bastard when it comes to video games. I rarely venture out of my comfort zone, but when I do I am usually pleased with the results.

I loved fallout 3 and new vegas but tried to play elder scrolls and skyrimand couldnt get into them. I also enjoyed the shit out of the batman games. I usually just play GTA and sports games but now im looking for something new. I dont play online at all som Im just looking for a game I can sit and play for a while by myself.

Thanks for any input.

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
Aug 31, 2009
Scotland
console (which?) or PC? also are you looking for a new(ish) game? what about elder scrolls did you dislike and what about fallout did you like? why dont you like online shit?

Have you played the Metal gear series or Assasins creed?

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Crackdown 1 & 2. Its an open world cel shaded murder fest and pretty engaging when you get into all the upgrades and stuff you can hunt down. I have only played the first but the second sounded like more of the same. Should be right up your alley.

Frankie_b

Aug 31, 2009
Scotland
this question is annoying me i want info ha

anyway anything by rockstar is good red dead is brilliant but if you wanna go back to shittier graphics play manhunt you can pointlessly murder people with plastic bags and then beat people to death with their head great fun i think. ive never played max payne but ive heard its good not a Rockstar game but Infamous is fucking terrible

pink soccer

I bring nothing to the table
Jul 23, 2008
Southern Cal.
console (which?) or PC? also are you looking for a new(ish) game? what about elder scrolls did you dislike and what about fallout did you like? why dont you like online shit?

Have you played the Metal gear series or Assasins creed?
I have an Xbox. New or older doesnt really matter. I didnt like the elf, fairy, magic aspect of elder scrolls but I loved the choices in fallout and the ability to do what I wanted. I dont do online because I live in the cuts and only have satellite internet which is way too slow.

I understand that my request for a game is probably useless but i figured Id give it a try without having to read every thread in the videogame section. And yes I loved red dead.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
I have an Xbox. New or older doesnt really matter. I didnt like the elf, fairy, magic aspect of elder scrolls but I loved the choices in fallout and the ability to do what I wanted. I dont do online because I live in the cuts and only have satellite internet which is way too slow.

I understand that my request for a game is probably useless but i figured Id give it a try without having to read every thread in the videogame section. And yes I loved red dead.
Post #3 dude. Cheap enough that you wont have to care if you hate them, fun enough that you will enjoy them.

Frankie_b

Aug 31, 2009
Scotland
Having an Xbox i'd assume you've tried the gears stuff i only bought my xbox for gears, i hate the xbox sounds like a hovercraft. over the passed few days ive started thinkin the consoles are very limited for FPS online games (btw wolfenstein ET: best game in the world ever, its free and awesome) i have no idea why im posting this

Blue Heeler

Uber Listener / Asshole
Aug 24, 2007
KY
If you loved GTA, then get Saints Row the 3rd. I HIGHLY recommend Red Dead Redemption as well, it's GTA in the Old West and fucking fantastic....(get Undead Nightmare DLC to go with it.)

Frankie_b

Aug 31, 2009
Scotland
If you loved GTA, then get Saints Row the 3rd. I HIGHLY recommend Red Dead Redemption as well, it's GTA in the Old West and fucking fantastic....(get Undead Nightmare DLC to go with it.)
i played i think saints row 2 and it was such a disapointment simply because id played the GTA's

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
Half-Life games are pretty good. A good deal is the Orange Box you get a shitload of Valve games in one package for $20, free shipping with Amazon Prime.

Half-Life 2 and all the Episodes, Portal 1, Team Fortress 2.

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
Im a fickle bastard when it comes to video games. I rarely venture out of my comfort zone, but when I do I am usually pleased with the results.

I loved fallout 3 and new vegas but tried to play elder scrolls and skyrimand couldnt get into them. I also enjoyed the shit out of the batman games. I usually just play GTA and sports games but now im looking for something new. I dont play online at all som Im just looking for a game I can sit and play for a while by myself.

Thanks for any input.
Almost forgot. You're a fan of GTA? Ever played 'Bully'? If not, that's my pick. Fucking blast.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
Battlfield3.

You'd be crazy not to.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
I recommend "Shogun 2: Total War"; a semi historical feudal Japan setting.

You can download on Steam. Single Player is awesome. Good free mods available too.

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
You can also research these titles if somehow those above don't seem interesting:
minecraft
RAGE
Borderlands
Radiant Historia
Star Ocean
Fable
Far Cry 1 & 2
Yakuza
Arcania: Gothic 4
Two worlds 2
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Prototype

UnOriginal

Companion Cube Lover
Feb 16, 2005
I still love and recommend Borderlands, gonna try some co-op on that now.