SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA

Loper and Smitty's Bio
Loper and Smitty's old Bio

Loper's Bio:

While most junior high school kids were out trying to find themselves, Jeremy Loper was on the street trying to find a way into local radio and he did. At the age of 13 Jeremy landed an internship at a West Palm Beach talk radio station where he learned the ropes by eventually taking on the role of producer.

Three years later at while attending High School at Greenacres Christian Academy he managed twice to capture the A.C.E. Junior Radio Broadcaster title for the state of Florida. In his senior year he competed internationally and finished sixth in the world.

In 1996 Jeremy took his talents to the Buzz where he initially joined the station as an intern before earning a part-time shift on the weekends. Less than a year later he earned a full time position doing overnights. By 1999, his drive and passion for the Buzz and the music landed him a prime-time shift doing nights. With a loyal following and superior ratings Jeremy was moved into the afternoon drive slot and named music director in early 2000. He remained there until he left in the fall of 2002 to pursue other opportunities out of state. With stops in Miami, West Virginia, Salt Lake City Utah, Ocean City, Maryland and Albany, New York along the way, Jeremy honed his skills and evolved from a superior afternoon talent into a top rated morning show host where he consistently finished first in his target ratings demographic.

Now after five years Jeremy Loper returns to the Buzz this time in morning drive with partner Smitty, formerly Whiskerbiscuit of the Morning Buzz with Mark Summers, at his side. Since teaming up two years ago Smitty and Loper have become one of the most sought after shows in rock radio today.

Smitty's Bio:
Born in Long Island New York, Smitty came to Florida with his family at the age of five and spent the majority of his life here in the West Palm Beach area. Educated privately at Jupiter Christian Academy until 6th grade, he then entered The Alexander W. Dreyfoos School of the Arts and remained there throughout high school.

After a brief stint at Palm Beach Community College, Smitty realized that radio was the career path that he would follow. It was then that he left P.B.C.C. and enrolled in the Connecticut School of Broadcasting. During his time there he began an internship with the Buzz. He was assigned to the morning show under the guidance of then Morning Buzz host Mark Summers who aptly named him “Whisker Biscuit” for his scraggly hair and thin build. Whether it was walking into local businesses armed with a bullhorn, climbing into the cars of unwitting listeners or stopping people on the street in the name of local morning radio, he did it well and people knew him.

Although he was happy with being a part of the morning show, Smitty wanted more and in the fall of 2001 he was hired and given a weekend shift on the Buzz. From 2003, until he left to join Jeremy Loper in Maryland in 2005, he hosted Buzz Light on a regular basis. Because of his extensive knowledge of the music and the artists and his passion for both he was without a doubt the most popular weekend jock on the Buzz and had a loyal following of listeners who were sad to see him leave.

Smitty is also a very accomplished musician and as a singer, songwriter and guitarist. He is best known in the local music scene as the founder of the local band, “Gimp” which appeared at numerous Buzz Bake Sale concerts.
Smitty lives in downtown West Palm Beach and is currently single. He can often be found hanging out at concerts and coffee houses and hopes to reform his band and once again perform at local venues.

What they are doing this week:
Monday, november 26, 2007

The morning buzz has you hooked up!

The morning buzz with loper and smitty! It's jeremy loper

And smitty (the artist formly known as whisker biscuit

Tuesday:

Win big….

Wake and bake trivia:

Be there at 6:15 am; score the question and the guys

Will hook you up with a morning buzz prize pack.

Buzz bake sale band of the day:

Loper and smitty will announce the bake sale band of the day

Keep it with through out the morning buzz and sometime

Between 7:20a and 10a you will hear a song from the bake sale

Artsit of the day... When you do caller 103 on the buzz lines

Will get seat tickets and a meet and greet with the band.

Monday's band was coheed and cambria.

Jingle bell rock:

The morning buzz is back and they have brought jingle bell

Rock back with them! Listen in monday morning after

The buzz bake at 7:20a for you first clue with loper and smitty.

90'S at 9 nine:

Loper and smitty crank out the buzz tunes from the greatest

Decade in alt rock history…

Other buzz swag:

Beowolf movie passes to see the movie in 3d at

Movico city place. Gift certificates to a-1 tattoos

Go to buzz103.com to link up with myspace.com/loperandsmitty

Currently listening :
vengeance
by nonpoint
release date: by 06 november, 2007

Old Fly 92 BIO
About Rexx:

Weekdays 2pm-7pm on FLY 92.3!

Email: rexx@fly92.com, smitty@fly92.com

Check out their Myspace page: www.myspace.com/rexxandsmitty

Yo I’m Rexx… I am married to my lovely wife Patti and I am a Father of two amazing children Jayden who is 4 and Kaylee who is 2. My family comes first in everything I do!

I was born May 15th 1980 in Portsmouth, Ohio.. I know very exciting right? My dad got a gig in West Palm Beach, Florida when I was 4, so we moved. I grew up in a town called Lake Worth outside of West Palm Beach. I got into radio in 1993 and have been addicted ever since…

I met my gorgeous wife Patricia on October 31st 2002. It was a chance meeting that I am so glad happened. We have so much fun everywhere we go and everything we do.
She has been instrumental in my career and life since I met her.

On July 7th 2003 my life changed.. Jayden was born. I will never forget the day I met my son for the first time. I had a very different life up to that point, but was glad to put it all behind me for my new role in life as a father. Kaylee came in May of 2005 and really completed our family. I also have two awesome step-children Brandon and Sydney. The man upstairs has really made this guy from West Palm Beach, Florida one of the luckiest men on earth.

We have been doing the “Rexx and Smitty thang“ since 2005. It’s so great to work with my best friend everyday and make people all over the Capitol Region laugh and feel passionate about Fly 92.3.

Things I dig: THE SHOW, Concerts, tattoos, fishing, NASCAR, and being on and in the water.

Fly 92.3 bands I like: Fall Out Boy, Justin Timberlake, My Chemical Romance, Good Charlotte, Kanye West and Jack Johnson

Other Bands I like: SUBLIME,Red Hot Chili Peppers, Kid Rock, The Cure, Snoop Dogg, Foo Fighters, New Found Glory, Nonpoint, Bruce Springsteen, Van Halen and Metallica

Album that changed my Life: Greetings From Asbury Park- Bruce Springsteen

Sports: Miami Dolphins, Miami, Heat, Florida Marlins, NASCAR- Dale Earnhardt Jr., and Golf- John Daly.

Ice Cream: Cookies and Cream.. Holla!

Favorite Food: Prime Rib from Morton’s!

If it wasn’t for ____I would not be able to function each day: My wife, kids and Red Bull.

Radio Stations I have worked for: WBZT/ West Palm, WPBZ/ West Palm, WZTA/ Miami Beach, WAMX/ Huntington, WV., KHTB/ Salt Lake City, and WZBH/ Ocean City, MD.

About Smitty:
Hey there. My name is Bryan Smith also known as Smitty and/or Smitty Balls. I was born in Coram, NY (east Long Island) back in 1982. I moved to West Palm Beach, FL when I was 5 and lived there up until 2 years ago. It was in West Palm where I first met the one and only Rexx Loper. We worked together at WPBZ 103.1 the Buzz about 5-6 years ago, but it wasn’t until we both moved to Ocean City, MD in late 2005 where we 1st started doing a show together. I can’t begin to tell you how lucky I am to have a job that I truly adore.

Things I dig: Performing music, listening to music, comedy, family and friends

Fly 92.3 bands I like:Kanye West, Justin Timberlake, Outkast, Timberland, Green Day, My Chemical Romance

Other Bands I like: The Beatles, Radiohead, Jeff Buckley, Miles Davis, Frank Zappa, Beck, Mike Patton, David Bowie, Eric Dolphy, Wilco, Tom Waits, Stevie Wonder, Ween. I am absolutely obsessed with music!

Album that changed my Life: The Beatles – Abbey Road, Jeff Buckley – Grace, Radiohead – OK Computer, Mr. Bungle - California

Sports: Yankees, Jets, Knicks, Florida Gators

Ice Cream: Cookie Dough

Favorite Food: Sushi!

If it wasn’t for ____I would not be able to function each day: family, friends, music, caffeine

Radio Stations I have worked for: WPBZ/ West Palm and WZBH/ Ocean City, MD.

Jeremy (Rexx) Loper
http://www.myspace.com/jeremyloper

Bryan "Smitty" Smith -found by mrhyde
http://www.myspace.com/smittyballs

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Oooo I like hearing about Captain Awesome.

Captain Awesome. . . attending High School at Greenacres Christian Academy
Smitty . . . Educated privately at Jupiter Christian Academy
Captain Awesome consistently finished first in his target ratings demographic.
Does this sound really vaguely and awkwardly written to anyone else?

Zillax0rz

Fagor, King of Fags, Ruler of Fagonia
Jun 1, 2006
Okay fags, I'm in the WPB market. Gimme ideas to fuck with these noobs and/or the station. I need something to do at night.

livebackwards

Proud Patron of Ted's Conglomerated Gasmaskery
Jan 29, 2006
Houston, TX

A beard is not a substitute for a jawline. Yes, your tattoo makes you look badass, now let me pinch those chipmunk cheeks, angel.

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
Buzz 103.1's Contact Page

RexxandSmitty@yahoo.com
johno@buzz103.com - PD

103.1 The Buzz is:

WPBZ-FM
701 Northpoint Parkway, Suite 500
West Palm Beach, FL 33407

Request Lines: 561.550.9103 ....
Business Office: 561.686.9505

For information regarding advertising or employment,
contact Fran Marcone, General Sales Manager at 561.686.9505

CBS Radio is an equal opportunity employer.

Station WPBZ-FM, an equal opportunity employer, is dedicated to providing broad outreach regarding job vacancies at the station.

We seek the help of local Community Organizations in referring qualified applicants to our station.

Community Organizations that wish to receive our vacancy information should contact Julie Caracciola at station WPBZ-FM by calling

561.686-9505.

In addition, all listeners are encouraged to visit www.cbsradio.com for an online listing of job openings at all CBS radio stations.

badcellphoneguy

Kansas City...Kansas City here they come!
Jul 18, 2005
Wantagh, LI
There are only two talented radio people in South Florida. One is Neil Rogers and the other is Sid Rosenberg. I hope those shitdicks get David Lee Rothed. Buzzy Buzzy Bop Bitty Bop.

Bunny™

The mod who didn't
Staff member
Jun 12, 2005
Li'l Rhody

Look how tightly he's folding his arms together....

"c'mon bicep, let's get ripped....awesome!"

I hope he loses the rest of his hair after the chemo for his Lope-kemia.

Jims Rottweiler

Anyone ever smell my ass?
Apr 23, 2005
Is there any doubt that these fine upstanding gentlemen will be number one soon? If I were satellite radio, I would be shaking in my boots. There are geniuses running terrrestrial radio these days. How can anybody possibly compete with Loper and Smitty? Kiss XM and Sirius goodbye.

gummo

Nov 6, 2007
oc
These guys are the greatest. I can't wait to hear the rest of their clips this week. Honestly, I can't believe radio like that exists.

psyduck

Dec 12, 2004
What a team. I heard the excerpts from their show this morning. Holy shit, what a travesty. I bet these guys wouldn't have the decency to give you a reach around!!

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

nikoloslvy

I wear my sunglasses at night...Anyone want fries?
Donator
May 5, 2003
fukin stupid winter hat indoor guy....eewwwww.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
This:

and some of this:

sd187

yousabird
Mar 13, 2005
Limpy Biscuit doin' it nookie style. MWAAAAAAAA

Hey_Asshole

Man, Beer, Wild
Feb 21, 2007
TRueWDT
If there was ever a picture that gave me douche chills, its that pic of smitty.

livebackwards

Proud Patron of Ted's Conglomerated Gasmaskery
Jan 29, 2006
Houston, TX
Smitty should be reading open-mic poetry and getting booed by fifteen-year-old girls with binders full of sonnets about elves fucking.

Loper should get Lopequired Immuno-Deficiency Syndrome and catch frog pneumonia or whatever kills people with LIDS.

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
Smitty looks exactly like a friend of mine, wow.

And, it's funny that Loper's trying to look all tough and shit in his picture then <high pitched radio voice>HEY GUYS MY KIDS ARE AWESOME</radio voice>

ruinedbitredd

Feb 10, 2007
wait. what? these are guys. I thought this was two dykes doing a radio show. Holy shit they really are terrible then. Poor fucks in west palm, I may have to give a call this morning and see if I can't win a prize.