TV Lord and Miller Spider-Man* Televerse

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
*characters inspired by

https://deadline.com/2019/08/spider...miller-phil-lord-sony-pictures-tv-1202663810/

‘Spider-Man’ Universe TV Series “Really Special”, Chris Miller Says Of Sony Pictures TV Project
By Dominic Patten

August 7, 2019 2:59pm

Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse executive producer Chris Miller can’t talk yet about the upcoming suite of TV series based on the Marvel characters that Sony controls, but he’s got a plan of how it is all going to work.

“We are developing a handful of live-action shows using Sony’s Marvel characters, of which there are like 900 characters,” the Bless the Harts EP told Deadline on Wednesday at TCA about the top secret project(s). “We’re figuring out a way to develop the shows so that each are their own unique experience but are also related.”

While Miller wouldn’t confirm the stories were going to be drawn from the Spider-Man canon, he made it clear that element of the big overall deal with Sony Pictures TV he and Phil Lord have is a hot ticket in town.

“We’ve been talking to a lot of potential teammates for trying to do something not like anything else that’s been done on television,” Miller teased as he weaved away from being pinned down on Netflix or anyone else. “It’ll be a little while before it all comes together and is on the air, but I think it is going to be something really special,” he added with a literal wink.

“Hopefully we’ll know in the next few months where it’ll be and what the schedule will be,” was all Miller would say when asked whether the eventual destination for the multi-pronged projects could be Netflix.

The estimated nine-figure deal Miller and Lord inked in April with SPT lets the Oscar-winning pair develop their own projects for network, cable and streaming platforms. Playing to another one of The LEGO Movie directors’ strength, the agreement also allows Miller and Lord to develop and supervise other writers’ projects, which has a certain web-slinging je ne sais quoi.

LiddyRules

Regional Sales Rep for Fontaine Fish Finder
*characters inspired by

https://deadline.com/2019/08/spider...miller-phil-lord-sony-pictures-tv-1202663810/

‘Spider-Man’ Universe TV Series “Really Special”, Chris Miller Says Of Sony Pictures TV Project
By Dominic Patten

August 7, 2019 2:59pm

Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse executive producer Chris Miller can’t talk yet about the upcoming suite of TV series based on the Marvel characters that Sony controls, but he’s got a plan of how it is all going to work.

“We are developing a handful of live-action shows using Sony’s Marvel characters, of which there are like 900 characters,” the Bless the Harts EP told Deadline on Wednesday at TCA about the top secret project(s). “We’re figuring out a way to develop the shows so that each are their own unique experience but are also related.”

While Miller wouldn’t confirm the stories were going to be drawn from the Spider-Man canon, he made it clear that element of the big overall deal with Sony Pictures TV he and Phil Lord have is a hot ticket in town.

“We’ve been talking to a lot of potential teammates for trying to do something not like anything else that’s been done on television,” Miller teased as he weaved away from being pinned down on Netflix or anyone else. “It’ll be a little while before it all comes together and is on the air, but I think it is going to be something really special,” he added with a literal wink.

“Hopefully we’ll know in the next few months where it’ll be and what the schedule will be,” was all Miller would say when asked whether the eventual destination for the multi-pronged projects could be Netflix.

The estimated nine-figure deal Miller and Lord inked in April with SPT lets the Oscar-winning pair develop their own projects for network, cable and streaming platforms. Playing to another one of The LEGO Movie directors’ strength, the agreement also allows Miller and Lord to develop and supervise other writers’ projects, which has a certain web-slinging je ne sais quoi.
Here is my pitch for Black Cat (more movie than series, but let's just call it story for simplicity sake) since we can factor in experienced Spider-Man.

Felicia Hardy is a bit older, early to mid 30s. She is forcibly retired from being Black Cat. Did some prison time but it was light because she did help Spider-Man and that earned her points. She's left New York, did the "criminal becomes security expert" lateral move, earns more than she ever did as a thief. She's become respectable, but she is so utterly empty. There was a period in her life when she flew across Manhattan rooftops with gods, and now she sits in boardrooms. She knows she can't go back to that life, but no matter what she does she cannot drown out that lure.

Pigdango

Donator
Here is my pitch for Black Cat (more movie than series, but let's just call it story for simplicity sake) since we can factor in experienced Spider-Man.

Felicia Hardy is a bit older, early to mid 30s. She is forcibly retired from being Black Cat. Did some prison time but it was light because she did help Spider-Man and that earned her points. She's left New York, did the "criminal becomes security expert" lateral move, earns more than she ever did as a thief. She's become respectable, but she is so utterly empty. There was a period in her life when she flew across Manhattan rooftops with gods, and now she sits in boardrooms. She knows she can't go back to that life, but no matter what she does she cannot drown out that lure.
My favorite kind of movie/show: "Everything interesting happens before or after this story takes place."

LiddyRules

My favorite kind of movie/show: "Everything interesting happens before or after this story takes place."
It's a character drama about temptation and fighting one's true nature.

Pigdango

Donator
Damn it man, she's not elderly. But let's have fun with casting - why not Hathaway or Jones?
Let me see here...actresses born in 1985:

Amanda Seyfried
Anna Kendrick
Lea Seydoux
Rooney Mara
Odette Annable

Ok, I'll allow it.

Now let's look at Lord and Miller peeps:
Melissa Fumero or Stephanie Beatriz from B99 - I'll allow it.

Cleopatra Coleman from Last Man on Earth

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath

Black Cougar

LiddyRules

Let me see here...actresses born in 1985:

Amanda Seyfried
Anna Kendrick
Lea Seydoux
Rooney Mara
Odette Annable

Ok, I'll allow it.

Now let's look at Lord and Miller peeps:
Melissa Fumero or Stephanie Beatriz from B99 - I'll allow it.

Cleopatra Coleman from Last Man on Earth

Amanda Seyfried. I like that. She has that weird erotic sadness I'm envisioning.

LiddyRules

Spidey is into black chicks now, so Coleman fits better.
But Spider-Man has nothing to do with this. He's merely symbolic of what once was and will never be again. He no longer matters. Nothing matters.

The real question is how many non-white friends will Peter get in this series?

LiddyRules

So you want it to be like Legion.
Not really. It's not going to be surreal and she's not going to destroy the world. She's an exceptional thief who found legitimacy but gets less than nothing out of it. But what is she going to do? Go back to crime? That's stupid. Besides, she's older and how many more good years does she have left? And in another way, it's not even just about crime, it's that she went toe to toe with gods and came out the other side. Now she has to listen to some asshole talk about wanting a cooler laser grid. So what is there for her?

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Sony...a name to inspire confidence. I'm sure these won't suck at all.