"Lost" fans... a new video to tide you over, speculate on.

Budyzir

There's nothing quite like a shorn scrotum.
Nov 12, 2004
Queens, NY
Anyone notice the subliminal imagery in that video? Here are the ones I was able to isolate;

I think there's more.

Fr. Dougal

Feb 17, 2004
This is waaay over my head... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casimir_effect

It's the "effect" he mentions in the video.

And the end is freaky. Looks like some sort of experiment where they duplicated the rabbit out of thin air. "Don't let them touch." Kind of reminds me of that Van Damme movie "TimeCop" where at the end, he makes the two copies of the guy touch each other... destroying them. Like 2 versions of someone/something can't occupy the same time and space.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
well im glad that they didnt just leave us hanging all summer

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
That answers about 90% of everything. Even the stuff not in the show.

Capt.Hilarious

Of all the names to choose...Capt.Hilarious?
Apr 26, 2006
MD
AWESOME!! Man I am so glad they released this video.

SO, here is my understanding of how the Casimir effect ties into everything in my non-scientific words:

The Casimir effect describes the creation of a field of energy that occurs when two objects create a space where a pervasive energy field (i.e. the electromagnetic field that everyone assumes exists on the island) can accumulate and gather strength. The Casimir effect essentially is the explosion of that field once the two objects are close enough.

Also, it seems as though the Casimir effect could create a mass negative region of space-time which is imperative in controlling a wormhole (which is a shortcut through space-time).

SO, my thought is that the timer that Locke became so obsessed with counted down the minutes to when the two "objects" became close enough to create a Casimir effect. Typing in the numbers somehow discharged the build up. Once the timer expired, a huge burst of electromagnetic energy released, blew the station up (and in the past crashed the plane).

But what also could happen with the Casimir effect is that it can create a time machine and/or a gateway to alternate realities. In this video, the second rabbit #15 appears because they made a mistake with controlling the Casimir effect and created a duplicate rabbit. They more than likely were trying to send it somewhere else (either in time or space).

I have no clue if this makes any sense and I will re-read it later to try and make it clearer. But MAN if this is the way Lost is going, they are some intense mother fuckers!

Fr. Dougal

Feb 17, 2004
I have no clue if this makes any sense and I will re-read it later to try and make it clearer. But MAN if this is the way Lost is going, they are some intense mother fuckers!
And even more so when you think about how they allegedly make this shit up on the fly. They have a sort of idea of what they wanna do... but the fact that they can make up the wild details on the fly is amazing.

Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof are fucking geniuses.

distortion9

Satellite Of Hate
Dec 12, 2001
NY
Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof are fucking geniuses.
Concur...

That vid pretty much confirms every theory I've had from the start (Time travel/parallel universe/worm holes/ deja vu).

You guys see the 4 part interview with Cuse and Lindelof from Comic Con? At about 4:37 of PART 2 a question is asked...imho the answer is REALLY good and explains tons about the show and where it's going...specifically right from 7:12 to 8:23.

Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efGycb2GIVg

Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mngxHbFZUVw&mode=related&search=

Part 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83U7Hw1xO3A&mode=related&search=

Part 4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmwS6s0Dt00&mode=related&search=

domelogic

Feb 16, 2005
Center Valley, Pa.
before they show the second number 15 rabbit, what falls behind the scientist? i watched it a couple of times and it looks white in color and falls by his right shoulder.

Capt.Hilarious

Of all the names to choose...Capt.Hilarious?
Apr 26, 2006
MD
I did the same thing and all i could come up with was a light bulb

I have no clue how that relates to anything, but maybe it just fell from a fixture?

Newmania

**I move away from the mic to fuck your mother.
May 15, 2006
The lily white suburbs of Detoilet
before they show the second number 15 rabbit, what falls behind the scientist? i watched it a couple of times and it looks white in color and falls by his right shoulder.
Dunno, but I watched it about 10 times trying to figure it out.

Fr. Dougal

Feb 17, 2004
It reminded me of the Killer Rabbit scene from "Monty Python and the Holy Grail."

Chester'sLiver

ESD is Wackbag's hero!
Jan 28, 2005
New Jersey
I think it was just something off the shelf the rabbit knocked over. I can not wait for Lost to start again.

Jun 30, 2005
outsiddah Boston
The object that falls is a 1 liter teflon erlenmeyer flask that is knocked off the shelf by the rabbit

i use these every day at work

domelogic

Feb 16, 2005
Center Valley, Pa.
The object that falls is a 1 liter teflon erlenmeyer flask that is knocked off the shelf by the rabbit

i use these every day at work

thanks tree. i honestly thought at first it was a white rabbit, then after watching several times i had no clue. i dont want to rush time but i need lost to be here very soon

ianbobo

It's My Birthday!
Oct 4, 2004
South of Boston
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,292392,00.html

and in the news something about this casimir effect

A natural force which causes tiny particles to stick to one another has been reversed by scientists, effectively enabling them to create a type of levitation.

The "Casimir force," which is sometimes referred to as a "sticky quantum" force, makes very small "nanoparticles" attract one another. One example of it is a gecko's ability to stick to any surface with one toe.

A pair of physicists at the University of St. Andrews in Scotland have discovered a way to reverse the force, meaning that they can make small objects repel, rather than attract, one another in a vacuum.

• Click here to visit FOXNews.com's Natural Science Center.

Their findings, which are reported in the August edition of New Journal of Physics, may have applications in "micro-electromechanical systems" — such as those in automobile airbags — where friction can be a problem.

"The Casimir force is the ultimate cause of friction in the nano-world," Professor Ulf Leonhardt, of the university's School of Physics and Astronomy, said. "Tiny mechanical devices which trigger a car airbag to inflate, or which power tiny 'lab on chip' devices used for drugs testing or chemical analysis could run smoother and with less or no friction at all, if one can manipulate the force."

(Story continues below)

Advertise Here
Advertisements

Professor Leonhardt, who published the research with a colleague, Dr. Thomas Philbin, added: "Instead of sticking together, part of the micro-machinery would levitate."

The technique would apply only to micro-objects, and for the time being there is no way to levitate human beings, Professor Leonhardt said. "For now, human levitation remains the subject of cartoons, fairytales and tales of the paranormal."