Lost Odyssey

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Anyone else looking forward to this game? Looks like some good, old fashioned turn-based RPG goodness with modern improvements. I'm so there.
[YT]KMSL_bM3N7I[/YT]
[YT]g5ocUjp7bds&feature=related[/YT]

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
This shows off some interesting environment interaction when he is walking around. Small details, I know, but important for the genre to keep it fresh.

[YT]Jx0aDB-dm9Q&feature=related[/YT]

Chlorofirm

Aug 26, 2002
cleveland
I'm very much looking forward to this game. I heard its a FF clone which is perfect. Mass Effect didn't interest me. It'd be nice to actually play a decent RPG on the 360.

syrial960

New Wackbag
Mar 13, 2006
Little Rock, AR
I am very excited for this. I have been waiting for a good turned based RPG for the 360.

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
Between upcoming tax refund and working overtime lately, I have some spare cash to burn, and this is definitely one of the new games I'll be picking up.

I'll be getting it next week.

bigtobacco

Corey Feldman is Hurting...
May 2, 2006
Western Maryland
Excellent. I've been looking forward to a good turn based RPG for some time. The action RPGs pretty much suck. I've played every Final Fantasy since III, but never could into that last installment.

Chlorofirm

Aug 26, 2002
cleveland
This game is on 4 dvds...awesome. Supposed to 40 hours +. I just watched a battle scene and its classic turn-based fighting...I am really looking forward to this. I need to beat a few other games first though.

BlackNinja

How'd your parents die?
Jan 25, 2006
Miami
Excellent. I've been looking forward to a good turn based RPG for some time. The action RPGs pretty much suck. I've played every Final Fantasy since III, but never could into that last installment.
ya 12 was a letdown for me too, im praying 13 will be epic

Ego

The Only Thing Bigger Than My Head
Feb 15, 2005
Elkton, MD
Seems like a Jade Empire/Sudeki hybrid, with turn based fighting thrown in. Nice.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
I'm glad I'm not the only one who misses the classic, turn based RPG format. And it looks like up to five people in your party, which is nicey nice.

sil3nt8o8

Apr 4, 2006
Rapture
its on the newsgroups, im dl all 278 files now lol!!

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
its on the newsgroups, im dl all 278 files now lol!!
I hope guys like you buy the game as well. We really don't need the price of games to go up any further.

Oct 8, 2003
Chicago, IL
Anyone else looking forward to this game? Looks like some good, old fashioned turn-based RPG goodness with modern improvements. I'm so there.
I was completely looking forward to this game. Then I learned it was a good, old fashioned turn-based RPG.

After playing FF12, I don't think there is any going back for me.:icon_neut

Which stinks, because the director is responsable for some amazing Square games.

Oct 8, 2003
Chicago, IL
This game is on 4 dvds...awesome. Supposed to 40 hours +. I just watched a battle scene and its classic turn-based fighting...I am really looking forward to this. I need to beat a few other games first though.
Then there's that. Why in the hell does a game need 4 DVDs? We're not talking CD's here. Did they not compress the cinematic cut scenes what so ever? And for a 40 hour game. I could understand if this was an MMO coming to a console, and you had to install to the hard drive. Very odd.

But BIV, let me know how it is when the game drops. I might just give it a rental if you think it's on the up and up.

Monstercloud

Feb 15, 2005
NH
Originally i wasn't interested, but I might take a look at it.. looks interesting.

Vyce

Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
Then there's that. Why in the hell does a game need 4 DVDs? We're not talking CD's here. Did they not compress the cinematic cut scenes what so ever? And for a 40 hour game. I could understand if this was an MMO coming to a console, and you had to install to the hard drive. Very odd.

But BIV, let me know how it is when the game drops. I might just give it a rental if you think it's on the up and up.
Why does it need 4 DVDs? Because I have a friend who's a hardcore gamer who's told me that much of the 40 hours is cinematic cuts scenes.

Makes no difference to me, though, I'll still be getting it.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
I was completely looking forward to this game. Then I learned it was a good, old fashioned turn-based RPG.

After playing FF12, I don't think there is any going back for me.:icon_neut

Which stinks, because the director is responsable for some amazing Square games.
Those are fighting words sir. Luckily, I'm too lazy to do a thing about it.:action-sm
Real-time combat is for kids. Gamers play turn based. The only Real-time combat RPGs I've played that were worth a shit was the KotORs, Mass Effect and Elder Scrolls. The rest were just dull as hell and had all the depth of a wet diaper. Turn based just gives you far more options and depth. It's the difference between having a choice of five different actions or 50 that keeps me loyal.

Chlorofirm

Aug 26, 2002
cleveland
Hmm...hasn't been getting the best reviews. Not sure if I'm going to pick it up tomorrow.

Vyce

Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
Hmm...hasn't been getting the best reviews. Not sure if I'm going to pick it up tomorrow.
Reviews :
Publication Score
1UP.com 8.0/10 [4]
Famitsu 36/40
GameSpy 2.5/5
GameTrailers 8.8/10
IGN 8.2/10 [5]

Outside of Gamespy, the reviews in general are pretty much 8 out of 10 (or slightly better). IMO, that's pretty solid.

Though I am not one to put all of my faith in a game on ratings, because there are people out there (not necessarily you, but others) who consider a game to be shit unless it makes a MINIMUM of 8 out of 10. From all indications I've seen, this game should be good.

Chlorofirm

Aug 26, 2002
cleveland
Yeah but its what they're knocking points off for that bothers me.

-Very slow buildup
-Very long load times (I'm impatient)
-Cliche ridden story

Some of those may sound minor but not to me when you're investing over 40+ hours.

And no, I'm not the type that won't play a game unless it gets above a 9. Right now I'm playing and really enjoying Tomb Raider: Anniversary and I didn't even read one review for the game (and the only other TR game I've played is TR3 and I hated it).

Vyce

Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
Well I probably won't be getting this until Thursday, because the fucking store said they weren't getting it today, it's coming on Wednesday.

Then how about you not advertise it coming out on Tuesday, ya cunts.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
I bought it...but I'm at work. It'll be 3:00 a.m. before I can play it.