Louis CK on HBO

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle

NotSoFast

Apr 23, 2006
Thibodaux, LA USA
Why did the announcer pronounce his name as "Lewis" instead of "Louie"? Never heard anyone say it like that before.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Why did the announcer pronounce his name as "Lewis" instead of "Louie"? Never heard anyone say it like that before.
I'm not sure, but I think that's part of the bit. It threw me too.

Dikbag

Dec 11, 2004
NW Ohio
Yeah, fuck him for still selling it for only $5 off his site a few months after it airs. :meh:
I didn't say fuck him. I just thought he was all about how great his special was he did himself and didn't think he would go back this route.

Edible Napalm

Powers are for the weak.
May 23, 2005
HBO always does that. I was rewatching his One Night Stand he taped around when Lucky Louie came out and they called him Lewis.

Oct 16, 2008
Parma, OH
What? really? Mr. DIY gave in?
If I'm not mistaken, after Shameless but before Chewed Up, I think I remember saying that HBO had a 2 special deal with him but were still airing Shameless when he had Chewed Up ready and didn't want a new one from him. He also said that you'll be able to get it off his website for $5 I think a month after this airs. If he isn't obligated to do a second special for HBO, he probably did it as a way to subsidize the cost of filming as well as cash in on his major popularity.
Pretty much every one but O&A introduce him as Louis C.K. instead of Louie.