Low Post Counts

mills

I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness
Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
Someone on the show - Jimmy maybe - made it a point to bash people who bash people with low post counts. It's understandable - doing that intimidates genuine new listenership, so it stunts growth in the demo. So they're just protecting their wallet (.crush.die.? anyone? anyone?). But it's naive. It's human nature to mistrust low post counts because of how easy it is to make a new account. For all I know a guy with 6 posts could have made SIX THOUSAND OF THEM and got banned like the asshole he is. I'm going to sit here and treat him like some newguy? Not going to happen.

If it sounds like he has any experience with the show, it's a pretty safe assumption he's sounded off plenty of times in the past about something or another, and has for some reason or another decided to hide his former identity. There's that whole mistrust factor about post counts the boys are naive about. ALL you have to do is make a new email on yahoo or gmail and BOOM, you're a new person.

Fuck that. Go jump in a lake, I say.

mills

Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
And besides, O&A don't get new listeners since they don't have any advertising, so who the fuck are you trying to kid.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
Obviously in the grand scheme of things, post count numbers don't mean anything. The only thing that matters is that the post itself makes sense and/or relates to the topic of the thread.

Having said that, from what I have seen is that people with low post counts are usually doing one of two things. They either resurrect old threads. When I say old, I mean threads that haven't seen the light of day in 3 or more years. Or they have come on the board to stir shit up. Rarely do I see someone with low post counts contribute anything of merit to the board.

Psychopath

I want to fuck your girlfriend.
Dec 28, 2008
Constant sate of misery
I agree.I was treated harshly until I made 100 or so posts. When you have people like zona or Sam Adams all bets are off.

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
Wackbag has two policies that help the newer people figure Wackbag out: There is requisite number of posts and time spent on Wackbag and the no bashing rule. If there is no bar, people used to start the dumbest threads. If you are continually fuckingly bothering people, even those with low post counts, you will get banned. And we do know if a person has re-registered. ;) Anything else leads to failure.

Understanding Jimmy is another matter entirely. I know where he is coming from and it is not the same place you are coming from. Maybe you should ask "who is Jimmy?"

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Obviously in the grand scheme of things, post count numbers don't mean anything. The only thing that matters is that the post itself makes sense and/or relates to the topic of the thread.

Having said that, from what I have seen is that people with low post counts are usually doing one of two things. They either resurrect old threads. When I say old, I mean threads that haven't seen the light of day in 3 or more years. Or they have come on the board to stir shit up. Rarely do I see someone with low post counts contribute anything of merit to the board.
You missed the third option: pumping their post full of show references. I just thought of another one, once posting their usually inane ponderings they bash the people bashing them for be "elitist assholes" because of their high post count. If some new guy actually has half a brain they will do fine. Its the retarded cocksuckers that give low post people a bad name.

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
Correcting a mistake is different than bashing someone.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
And there's always the blowing a poster with more than 10,000 posts to prove that they are cool and devoted to the board.

Yes, I know the gender ratio of the site. No, I don't care.

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
And there's always the blowing a poster with more than 10,000 posts to prove that they are cool and devoted to the board.

Yes, I know the gender ratio of the site. No, I don't care.
So do you know where AH is?

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
You get blowjobs after 10k? Off to the "What are you listening to/watching/last movie" for some spamming.

righty

Diamond and Zeus
Dec 26, 2004
Parsippany N.J.
Maybe people have low post counts cause they don't live on wackbag. Nothing wrong with it. I know I got over 1000 b/c of the work out thread.

icculus1284

May 16, 2007
Fort Collins
Maybe people have low post counts cause they don't live on wackbag. Nothing wrong with it. I know I got over 1000 b/c of the work out thread.
In the days of every phone having an ability to connect to the internets, plus a board that has a mobile skin, "living on WB" is a fallacy. Is that the right word? I dunno, sounded good when I typed it.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
Those posts are legendary in my book. Chest and arms today?

mills

Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
We could always reinstate adoptions. :icon_wink

samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
May 16, 2007
Chicago
You get blowjobs after 10k? Off to the "What are you listening to/watching/last movie" for some spamming.
Holy shit, I'm gonna need to take a shower right quick. Also, can I choose my provider, or is it completely random?

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
We could always reinstate adoptions. :icon_wink
That really worked well didn't it?

Quoting Anthony from that time: You aren't anyone if you don't have 1,000 posts.

oldmandick

Back In Black!!
Donator
Jan 15, 2005
Goa Way
If you don't got a comma, your opinion is shit.
Not necessarily, and flies aren't always wrong. Perhaps this is noticing the obvious but what you say and how you say it mean more than any stinkin' comma, imho.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Most of the people with high post counts don't even listen anymore. So comparing the two is useless.

Buster H

Alt-F4
Wackbag Staff
Dec 6, 2004
Lower Bucks Co, PA
Someone on the show - Jimmy maybe - made it a point to bash people who bash people with low post counts. It's understandable - doing that intimidates genuine new listenership, so it stunts growth in the demo. So they're just protecting their wallet (.crush.die.? anyone? anyone?). But it's naive. It's human nature to mistrust low post counts because of how easy it is to make a new account. For all I know a guy with 6 posts could have made SIX THOUSAND OF THEM and got banned like the asshole he is. I'm going to sit here and treat him like some newguy? Not going to happen.

If it sounds like he has any experience with the show, it's a pretty safe assumption he's sounded off plenty of times in the past about something or another, and has for some reason or another decided to hide his former identity. There's that whole mistrust factor about post counts the boys are naive about. ALL you have to do is make a new email on yahoo or gmail and BOOM, you're a new person.

Fuck that. Go jump in a lake, I say.

All members generally get the same level of treatment here. The only time I can honestly say that post count comes into play is if the guy has a few thousand posts that are generally pretty good and then he gets into it with another member and breaks the member bashing rule. That guy will get a warning or possibly a temp ban whereas someone with 20 posts is probable getting a perm.

Mods are able to figure out if the person is a returning banned member. It's not your job to be a dick to all new people just in case they MIGHT be a returning member that was banned before.

With that said.... feel free to bash all new members you can find. It's been a while since I have gotten a chance to ban someone and I need to see if I still remember how to do it.

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
oa.com, another message board that imploded due to lack of order about 9 years ago.

DTT said:
Most of the people with high post counts don't even listen anymore. So comparing the two is useless.
You are missing the last two years of O&A and R&F.