Low Winter Sun- AMC- Premiers August 11, 2013

"Murder, deception, revenge and corruption that starts with the murder of a cop by fellow Detroit detective, Frank Agnew." (Based on the British series of the same name)

"Sneak peek" trailer-

Regular trailer-

Last edited:

somnarium

deftones or somefuckin' body
I plan on watching and I expect to be disappointed.

mascan42

I plan on watching and I expect to be disappointed.
AMC seems to be good at original series, but not so much at adaptations, i.e. The Killing and seasons 2 & 3 of The Walking Dead.

NuttyJim

about 6 episodes in so far and on the fence about it.

somnarium

deftones or somefuckin' body
I stopped watching after the second or third episode. If it's still around in 2 years (doubtful), maybe I'll catch up with it.

I find this show shockingly bad.
it is but I am muscling through it til the end. I wanna see how it turns out.
I'm doing the same thing. I thought the show started out good. But its been slowly going off a cliff with each passing episode.

I think this show's problems are just indicative of what's been going on recently with big story arc television shows. My feeling is that may have reached their high water mark and they may have run their course. In other words, there maybe be bubble burst in the near future.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
You missed nothing. Shame really, it was so close to being worth watching. Frigging thing was all over the place plot-wise, that was my main problem with it.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
At least AMC gives new shows a chance. I kind of enjoyed one pilot on Fox last year and they cancelled the show after like two episodes. I forget what it was called, but it was about some con man living two lives.

At least AMC gives new shows a chance. I kind of enjoyed one pilot on Fox last year and they cancelled the show after like two episodes. I forget what it was called, but it was about some con man living two lives.
Lone Star?

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Yeah I think so... something like that at least. I thought it had potential but Fox canned it after only getting 3 million or so people to watch the pilot.

You missed nothing. Shame really, it was so close to being worth watching. Frigging thing was all over the place plot-wise, that was my main problem with it.
The other problem the show had was the way they introduced new characters. They would show up out of the blue as if viewer was supposed to know who they where and what their back story was.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
I guess you're not a Rubicon fan then. I still hate AMC because of that.

Since cable shows are only 12-13 episodes, they're usually all filmed before airing so even if it's definetly not gonna be renewed, they still air all the ones they made. AMC doesn't have 8 seasons of 10 other shows that they can just re-air instead of a failing show.