Ludites Unite

I am worried about...

• Total voters

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
Which technology advances worry you? In the next 50 years, do any of these have a decent chance of destroying humanity as we know it? Would humans implanting themselves with chips that enhance their intelligence make us no longer human? Would you be opposed to communications chips that allow us to communicate telepathically? Would advanced virtual reality ruin our enjoyment of the real world? Should Muslims be allowed to own rocket ships? Is a cashless society an open door to government / business opression? If there were a sex simulator that generated an amazing experience, would you bother having real sex?

Some of the things in the poll are stuff that could physically replace or kill us, others are things which obsolete human activities / ways of thinking and some would say drains our humanity. Which worries you more?

Jolie

Filthy Liberal
Aug 25, 2002
Virginia
Mine isnt on the list. Wireless waves creep me out. I can feel them going through my head - radio waves too. I'm convinced they are going to kill me. All those conversations in my head, all the time, and I can't make them stop.

MAV

Nov 23, 2005
Denver, CO
i must be getting dyslexic, i looked at the thread title and thought it said "ladies untie"

thought there was going to be some hot chicks or something in here :(

AngryPest

Mar 3, 2005
Nannotech scares me a little. Some idiot is going to let something escape and everyone will get infected...

Muslims In Space : Where's Space Hitler when you need him?

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
i had to choose two that go hand and hand, nano tech, and genetic engineering, both are things that if not kept in check could run rampant thew the human race faster than any of the others. OH and i cant fucking wait, there is nothing ive been waiting for more than a good ol human hunt.

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
What was that Michael Crichton book about nanotech? Pretty creepy. Of course those new-fangled vans with the shag carpet and airbrushed murals are tools of the devil.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
What was that Michael Crichton book about nanotech? Pretty creepy. Of course those new-fangled vans with the shag carpet and airbrushed murals are tools of the devil.
Andromeda strain?

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
I cant wait till it all ends. I hope I am around to see it.

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
I just want to see us kill all the sand coons with out superior technology.

BigWilly

Just thoughts, no prayers.
Dec 11, 2004
Lakewood, CO
It was called Prey. Pretty good read and very interesting.

kloraferm

Humor is reason gone mad
Sep 6, 2002
Staten Island, NY
None of it worries me. (Muslims In Space should be more specific. Would they be living there or would we just launch them out there to get rid of 'em?)

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
Muslims in space?

PLEASE someone photoshop a "Muppets in Space" picture.

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
Shit that changes the way we think worries me the most. Imagine they release a brain implant which vastly improves your intelligence. Some people will get it, they will excel in life, and others will have to get it too just to compete for the same jobs. Eventually most people will have it, and each new brain implant will be the hot new thing. After all these implants there's no way we will be human any more. The old human methods of thought will be gone.

Also virtual reality / sex. People are MMORPG addicts as it is, imagine advanced VR where you can get laid. People will never leave the house.

grail

Tahini sauce in my drawers
Sep 24, 2005
MN
The only one that worries me too much is the weapons grade diseases. A good case of vancomycin resistant small pox coupled to an anthrax carrier. That's scary.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
Atmospheric nukes used for their widespread EMP is pretty fucking scary.

I mean, I know people are thinking, "But it's just a power outage, what's the big deal?" All planes in range would crash, all cars on the road would die on the freeways, all communications would be shut down, hospital machines would stop working, etc.

It's quite possibly the most devastating, widespread civil attack possible at this point.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
Atmospheric nukes used for their widespread EMP is pretty fucking scary.

I mean, I know people are thinking, "But it's just a power outage, what's the big deal?" All planes in range would crash, all cars on the road would die on the freeways, all communications would be shut down, hospital machines would stop working, etc.

It's quite possibly the most devastating, widespread civil attack possible at this point.
have some light reading...... http://www.ki4u.com/nuclearsurvival/index.htm

bill333

Go Screw!
Mar 23, 2005
Orange County,NY - Hudson Valley
I'm not worried too much because earth needs a good enema, in regards to humans.

I read online where they are trying to create a new life form in labs, where they say "it will be contained". It's life span would be no more than a few hours. How many see all the horror/sci-fi movies coming to life when this shit goes down.

I would just like to be around when or if virtual sex come around. If they can create something that feels that good without a real person being involved, I have to see it.

AngryPest

Mar 3, 2005
Shit that changes the way we think worries me the most. Imagine they release a brain implant which vastly improves your intelligence. Some people will get it, they will excel in life, and others will have to get it too just to compete for the same jobs. Eventually most people will have it, and each new brain implant will be the hot new thing. After all these implants there's no way we will be human any more. The old human methods of thought will be gone.
Now imagine if someone hacks into them...