Mac help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

agentjmw

Clayton Townly Businessman
Is there a work around for getting Paltalk to work on a Mac?

JAndrea95

DonTheTrucker said:
Run Windows on your Mac.
exactly. IF your asking if there is a was to run paltalk on the mac operating system the answer is NO. and we will all be dead before their programmers get around to it. do you have an intel mac?

Crossover for OS X might do the trick if you've got a newer intel mac.

Edit: I just tested, and the PalTalk software does install, but chokes on the new user screen. If you have an existing account or can register an account on a PC, you might be able to get past this.

Yobbo

Has anyone else tried running Paltalk through bootcamp on the newer intel based macs?

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
Notable Wackbagger Tax Kuntz has a Mac and is on Paltalk often. His workaround is that he bought a cheap PC that he uses only for Paltalk. This seems to be the most straight forward way.

M

mikelowell

This is no longer the best way!!!! I run the new parallels 3.0 on my MacBook Pro and can access Paltalk, as well as use my built in iSight. Contact me at MikeLowell on Paltalk or AIM for details on how I did it.

This is no longer the best way!!!! I run the new parallels 3.0 on my MacBook Pro and can access Paltalk, as well as use my built in iSight. Contact me at MikeLowell on Paltalk or AIM for details on how I did it.

Ditto for myself....Macbook + Parallels on my intel based mac book pro

Ronreddog

Unofficial O&A Twitter Tough Guy
Yes, Parallels is they way to go to run Windows in a virtual window on the MAC. I did this with the trial version of Parallels. The only issue I had was it was a resource hog. I heard this was fixed in 3.0.

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
Has anyone else tried running Paltalk through bootcamp on the newer intel based macs?
this will work as you will be running windows
Crossover for OS X might do the trick if you've got a newer intel mac.

Edit: I just tested, and the PalTalk software does install, but chokes on the new user screen. If you have an existing account or can register an account on a PC, you might be able to get past this.
I tried crossover for paltalk a while back and it wasn't one of their supported programs at the time.
Notable Wackbagger Tax Kuntz has a Mac and is on Paltalk often. His workaround is that he bought a cheap PC that he uses only for Paltalk. This seems to be the most straight forward way.
WOW, at least $400 just to run one program,wow thats desperate.:action-sm

Status
Not open for further replies.