Macy's Drops T-Shirt After Possibly Offending Hispanic Community

Schmed

I'm a corpse without a soul...
Nov 4, 2002
Shitsville, NY
Macy's Drops T-Shirt After Possibly Offending Hispanic Community

Monday, July 23, 2007

Macy's stores are no longer stocking a T-shirt because the company said the piece of clothing may have offended potential customers, according to MyFoxDFW.com.
The shirt — part of a clothing line exclusively aimed at Latina shoppers looking to express cultural identity through fashion — reads "Brown is the New White," across the chest.

Macy's apologized for its decision to sell the shirt, and released a statement.
"We are constantly looking for unique and differentiated merchandise that will resonate with our customers as hip, current and trendy. We also continue to work in developing business relationships with minority vendors to serve the growing diverse customer base. We apologize if customers have found some of the merchandise offensive and have removed the style that they found objectionable."

Schmed

I'm a corpse without a soul...
Nov 4, 2002
Shitsville, NY
As a white man I find this offensive, but Macy's doesn't give a shit about us, because the assumption is that whites are allowed to be offended.

domelogic

Feb 16, 2005
Center Valley, Pa.
our country just keeps getting better and better. i guess we dont have to say hispanics anymore just label them brown. so do you want to talk about the blacks or the browns. fucking ridiculous

btw macys you suck

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
Wow, because latinos are the only brown people in the world?

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
Dec 9, 2004
California
I'm brown and I think it's just fucking dumb. What's the point of making a fucking shirt like that?
I agree. Stupid idea for a shirt. I really don't understand the statement that they were trying to make.

Kid Brock

No longer VegasBrock
Jul 26, 2005
Las Vegas
I'm fairly racist and I would have thought it was a UPS slogan if I wasn't told different.