Madden 2008 Football Thread

Deadbent

You can go fuck.
Aug 19, 2005
Chicago, IL. Southside, stupid.
I haven't been into Madden since 2002, but this year I figure I'll give some time to it. Mostly just to beat the hell out of my friends, who play football games nonstop. I'm tired of their fun.

About to fire it up and check it out. Vince Young is on the cover, here's to hoping a season ending injury on him, eh?

NightStalker3

a complete moron that posts
Oct 4, 2004
I haven't been into Madden since 2002, but this year I figure I'll give some time to it. Mostly just to beat the hell out of my friends, who play football games nonstop. I'm tired of their fun.

About to fire it up and check it out. Vince Young is on the cover, here's to hoping a season ending injury on him, eh?
Please report your experiences and impressions. :action-sm

May 7, 2003
Hicksville NY

How'd u get it already...Mine doesn't come out till midnight tomorrow?

BlackNinja

How'd your parents die?
Jan 25, 2006
Miami
depends on a lot of luck, sometimes its your location, sometimes your store gets it early and the guy decides to sell it to you. some people got final fantasy 12 about 10 days before it was supposed to be released. i remember i got mgs2 the day before it was to be released, cause i had it on preorder, and it got received like 5pm the day before, so they sold the preorders

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
I hate Madden but I'll be getting this one just to play as Adrian Peterson. I'm a Raiders fan, but I think I might get into the Vikings :p

BusyChild04

I gotta return some video tapes.
Apr 28, 2005
Texas
Vince Young is on the cover, here's to hoping a season ending injury on him, eh?
TAKE THAT BACK! :hamm:

I'll be waiting tomorrow for the midnight opening. Last years was pretty good on the 360 minus some stupid things like not being able to hide which play you're gonna be choosing while playing 2 player.

May 7, 2003
Hicksville NY
Well I'll also be waiting for tomorrow's midnight release....I didn't play last years game but since I purchased a PS3 yesterday I'm really looking foward to picking this up and getting back online and kicking some ass.....I hope we will be getting a WB online season going....Calling the Jets now :)

tmbrwn

Dec 6, 2004
Columbus,Ohio
i never played till the 06 came out..i used to hattttttttttte madden...after 06 i loved it..i bought 07 but never got the chance to really get online and play it..im getting 08 and will be ready to play anyone

Chester'sLiver

ESD is Wackbag's hero!
Jan 28, 2005
New Jersey
I won't be doing the midnight pick-up. I will pick it up after work tomorrow. Anyone besides me getting it for PS3? because I would love to get a league going..

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
I won't be doing the midnight pick-up. I will pick it up after work tomorrow. Anyone besides me getting it for PS3? because I would love to get a league going..
I will be. I kinda sorta forgot to reserve a copy though, so I don't know when I'll actually be getting one.

May 7, 2003
Hicksville NY
I will be. I kinda sorta forgot to reserve a copy though, so I don't know when I'll actually be getting one.
Well I reserved mine on Sat at gamestop so you actually might still be able to...

And yes CL ps3 here also I hope we get a league going....

J-E-T-S..!!

Chester'sLiver

ESD is Wackbag's hero!
Jan 28, 2005
New Jersey
Well I reserved mine on Sat at gamestop so you actually might still be able to...

And yes CL ps3 here also I hope we get a league going....

J-E-T-S..!!
Well I will be taking the Colts. I will start a thread as soon as I get the game and see if we can get enough teams to start this bitch up..

Deadbent

You can go fuck.
Aug 19, 2005
Chicago, IL. Southside, stupid.
Played it yesterday for about an hour before I had to leave. I think it's great. coming from a long time madden hater, that probably means something.

It's most interesting to see the gang tackles. More so, how the shit that governs player collision finally made it into the game.

I was pulling a running play and got caught up by a defensive back. Another defensive back came to help him, and sort of missed the tackle, hitting his own guy and breaking me free. It's finally close to real football. Finally!
You can even pitch the ball back now.

The engine definitely has some good upgrades and additions.
It thoroughly trumps the paltry attempts to capture football that madden 07 had.

Not sure what team or offensive/defensive package I'll settle with, I really need to try them all out.
I used the Seahawks, but their offensive package doesn't suit me.

tmbrwn

Dec 6, 2004
Columbus,Ohio
ill be picking it up for xbox..if they still make it for the old xbox..im waiting for the 360's to be fixed before i buy one...you can pitch the ball back..thats fucking awesome...now online everyone will try it and just fumble the ball...yes!

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005
ill be picking it up for xbox..if they still make it for the old xbox..im waiting for the 360's to be fixed before i buy one...you can pitch the ball back..thats fucking awesome...now online everyone will try it and just fumble the ball...yes!
Happens to me whenever I run the option in NCAA '08. Before I'm tackled I pitch on instinct and forget the stupid RB is doing his own thing IN FRONT of me.

Need to tweak the AI a lil bit, EA.

Another problem with NCAA that I hope isn't in Madden is the amount of fumble calls after the player is down. I guess they really wanted players to use the new Coach's Challenge feature, but you only get one of those in a half in NCAA and this fumble shit happens all the time.

JMCC

Oct 4, 2004
As soon as i buy the PS3(in the nest few weeks, i hope) that's the first game I'm buying.

And as someone who only plays online, I just hope the servers aren't laggy.

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005
Game comes out tomorrow I guess? Sports games seem to sell out fast in college towns so I might need to drive to the city to get the game. Had to do that with NCAA