OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Madden 2012

Discussion in 'Computer and Console Gaming' started by Absolutely, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Absolutely

Absolutely Self-Heavy

Plan on getting this tomorrow night at some point from Walmart...
    Every year I just give John Madden and EA Sports $60 for the exact same game as the year before. But with about 50 new players of interest.

Then I go online and get embarrassed by little kids, have messages in my Inbox subjected "Ur a faggit" "U fukcin suk"

[​IMG]

2. JonBenetRamsey

JonBenetRamsey well shit the bed

i played the demo and it's great. i've just lost interest in playing a football game after playing a shit ton of fifa.

3. ShooterMcGavin

ShooterMcGavin Go back to your shanties.

I have boycotted Madden until there is a game that can compete with it. Fuck EA and their exclusivity.

4. bauer time

This game isn't getting the best reviews and much of the negativity is that there is nothing new going on with it. I'd like to see the Madden game EA would be forced to come out with if there was another NFL licensed game competing against it.

Skipping Madden and NCAA this year. Gonna probably pick up NHL and Fifa, though.

5. Bill Lehecka

Bill Lehecka The Fat Horse v. 2.0
    Donator

Haven't bought Madden in 3 years... Might break the streak this year. Just miss the damn game. I also wish we had a competitor.

6. notmikeh

notmikeh don't get any cucks on your wee

I'll probably buy it but I'll have to wait. I don't have the cake.
    I wish I could have the ability to watch friend's online matches (ranked or unranked) Kind of like scouting. It would show tendencies and possible trick plays.

7. ShooterMcGavin

ESPN 2K5 remains the best console football game IMO.

The thing was 25 bucks and was 100x better than Madden. Fuck EA.

8. Aaron Burrito

I'll be picking this up.

Buy it at Best Buy and you get a 50% bonus on any games you trade in. I'll be doing this.

Also NCAA 12 is very good. If you skipped that either of the last two years you're missing out.

Supposedly they made a decent amount of changes to Madden this year. The "new" kicking system is stupid though, it's back to just pressing "a".

Also the Demo is a very old build of the game and the release version is much better.

9. ShooterMcGavin

I'll probably get NCAA 12 just because I need a newer one. College football > Pro anyway.

10. Aaron Burrito

No. College is a bunch of gimmick offenses that teams don't have time to prepare for. Also the NCAA is a joke of a governing body.

But you live in Oklahoma so I guess it's to be expected (no pro team).

11. Absolutely

Absolutely Self-Heavy

Is there really anything ever new with it?
    Maybe 1 or 2 things that I can remember, but usually it's just slightly upgraded graphics, and new players.

I'll be getting it still

12. ShooterMcGavin

College football is just more exciting to me. Fans are more into it, more games to watch, etc.

Although it does suck we have no pro football team. The Thunder got such a huge response that we've proven we can handle our sports on a pro level. We have the loudest basketball arena in the country. So glad we have an NBA team.

13. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

Now you just need a Cat. 5 hurricane to hit Jacksonville.

14. Fuck Crosby

Fuck Crosby Bills. Beers. Broads.

I got nothing to do tonight, so I think I may have to brave the frat kids tonight and go buy it @ Wal-Mart. Haven't bought Madden since 09. Probably start a dynasty tonight with the Bills. Ah the joys of only working 10 days a month, go to Wal-Mart at midnight and do a season of Madden......why not.

15. bauer time

Ha, awesome.

I bought Madden 10 while I was on vacation a few years ago and had a goal of winning the Super Bowl with the Bills in Franchise mode on All Madden. I think it took me like 5 or 6 seasons but I finally built my team up through free agency and the draft and won. Actually a lot of fun to build a team from the ground up.

16. Fuck Crosby

Yeah that's what I usually do in both Madden and NCAA. Find some shit team, and try to rebuild them. Already have rosters and draft classes downloaded and ready to roll. Should hold me over until NHL comes out.

17. Absolutely

Absolutely Self-Heavy

That reminds me... Whenever I do Franchise Mode it says "Import draft class?" or something along those lines.
    But that Draft Class isn't real players right? Or are they players like the real players?

I usually only do one year of Franchise then restart because I hate how in the offseason tons of people change teams that would never happen in reality.

18. Fuck Crosby

I got a draft class from someone who downloaded a roster for NCAA. So I should have all the guys available for next yrs draft in this import......like Andrew Luck, who Buffalo should be getting next year when we finish dead last. I got my stuff from www.operationsports.com in the forum.

19. Absolutely

Absolutely Self-Heavy

Hmmm...
    Honestly I only use my XBox360 for Madden. I had to find it today and make sure the controllers have batteries. So I don't know how to do anything with the system like download a roster from somewhere else.

I just do a year, then restart, and play online. Which like I said gets old losing every single game, but it's something to do.
    I'm astonished how bad I am online.

20. Fuck Crosby

I don't even bother with online. I'm already emotionally fragile enough, I don't need to get shit-talked by an 11 year old time and time again.

And away I go. Hopefully Wal-mart will be jammin' with some nice college fluff since school is back! I expect nothing but the finest......

21. Absolutely

Absolutely Self-Heavy

I'm close enough to college age that I don't look like a complete loser going to Walmart at midnight for a video game...
    I do like going to Walmart though because it makes me feel so much better about myself, I literally feel like I'm head and shoulders better than everyone there.
    Especially at Midnight.

If by fluff, you mean womens, I doubt it. Or if there are women there, they'll be the kinds with visible open sores

22. Absolutely

Absolutely Self-Heavy

At walmart in line... There was literally a white trash fight over an in store Madden Tournament.
    And the old lady doesn't understand I don't want the 90 dollar HOF version.

23. Absolutely

Absolutely Self-Heavy

So, this was Hick-Village.
    And apparently all the "Beefs" were because they were doing an in-store tournament and the prizes for 3rd, 2nd, and 1st were $15 and $10 gift cards.
    So people were arguing about bracket placement, who actually won, "ethics", etc.

Lots of flat-brims and shirts that appeared to be Bedazzled. Tons of white-trash girlfriends in the background there for support.
    And the woman in the electronics Dept was Sooooo annoyed at having to go get me the game, and unlocking the glass. Then she brought me out the hall of fame version which is like $90 twice before realizing that I didn't in fact want that version.

Also, there was this low-rider in the parking lot that was INSANELY low. Literally in person, there was no room between the ground and car.

I love me some Walmart!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. Fuck Crosby

Haha nice truck bro..........They did a tournament also at my store, not much drama. About 50-60 people though. Glad I got there at 11:45 when the line didn't form, and hopped in and was out of the store by 12:05. Started a dynasty with the Bills. Got my ass handed to me by the Raiders in week 2.

25. Absolutely

Absolutely Self-Heavy

I was able to beat the Eagles as the Rams in Franchise.
    Granted I was playing on Pro, just to get a handle. I was able to get into the backfield super easy, I had like 15 tackles for losses