Madden 25

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
Well, the commercials are pretty good...

I'll be giving EA about $60 or whatever. You can probably download some patch or roster update online, but, I want to play online.
It's just essentially 90% the same as the last season, with 1-2 new wrinkles. Printing cash.

Comes on Monday @Midnight/Tuesday August 26th

VicVinegar

Oct 5, 2012
There was a deal to get this plus a free sub to Sunday Ticket. You can just view the games online if you don't have Directv. Could probably sell it if you didn't want it.

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
There was a deal to get this plus a free sub to Sunday Ticket. You can just view the games online if you don't have Directv. Could probably sell it if you didn't want it.
Yeah, no DTV here, and probably wouldn't bother w/ it since I have RedZone. But, if I had DTV I would.

Looking forward to my yearly Walmart @ Midnight, always a fun crowd...

Konstantin K

Big League Poster
Aug 25, 2010
I haven't bought a Madden game since the PS2 days. I prefer the NCAA series.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Aug 16, 2006
The Oh-See, Fuck-Asses
That's why I'm buying it. I never buy the 'new' Madden, it's never been my gimmick. But I've pre-ordered this one because for a hundred bucks I'm getting NFL Sunday Ticket. Not shabby.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
You can stream NFL Sunday Ticket games without a DirecTV subscription?

I'm looking at cutting cable, and football games were one of the last reasons I have for keeping it.

VicVinegar

Oct 5, 2012
I was reading about it on another forum. So I can't say for sure.

The Madden marketing guy clarified questions when it came out that there is some sort of Sunday Ticket website and people wouldn't be required to get DTV to use the free sub.

I considered getting it, but I think GTA V will consume my gaming free time this fall. I never have enough time on Sunday to really watch more than the occasional Giants game anyway. Plus I hate supporting EA.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Aug 16, 2006
The Oh-See, Fuck-Asses
You can stream NFL Sunday Ticket games without a DirecTV subscription?

I'm looking at cutting cable, and football games were one of the last reasons I have for keeping it.
It's very difficult, but as I understand it, the NFL has language in their contract with Direct TV mandating that they have to offer some sort of option for people who cannot receive Direct TV. Of course DTV wants you in a 2 year contract, so they make it difficult and they don't post any information about it, but it's supposed to be possible.

I can't get Direct TV because of line-of-sight issues, but you better believe I'm going to use the shit out of this Internet-Only thing.

whiskeyguy

Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
It's very difficult, but as I understand it, the NFL has language in their contract with Direct TV mandating that they have to offer some sort of option for people who cannot receive Direct TV. Of course DTV wants you in a 2 year contract, so they make it difficult and they don't post any information about it, but it's supposed to be possible.

I can't get Direct TV because of line-of-sight issues, but you better believe I'm going to use the shit out of this Internet-Only thing.
I'll read up on it, and while I like directv's service, I'm trying to cut back on my monthly expenses and if I can get Sunday ticket without satellite, I'll invest that savings into a nice htpc.

Ego

The Only Thing Bigger Than My Head
Feb 15, 2005
Elkton, MD
Played it as a ringer in a store tournament last night so a customer could play due to an odd number of people entering. I enjoyed it. I also took a kickoff all the way back for a touchdown and injured an Eagle.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Aug 16, 2006
The Oh-See, Fuck-Asses
I'll read up on it, and while I like directv's service, I'm trying to cut back on my monthly expenses and if I can get Sunday ticket without satellite, I'll invest that savings into a nice htpc.
The downside is that this year, there'll be no Sunday Ticket on PS3, so you can't get that app as people have been able to do in the past. Remains to be seen if I can watch Sunday Ticket on the PS3 browser. Worst case scenario I'll hook a laptop up to my TV with an HDMI cable and call it a day.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
The downside is that this year, there'll be no Sunday Ticket on PS3, so you can't get that app as people have been able to do in the past. Remains to be seen if I can watch Sunday Ticket on the PS3 browser. Worst case scenario I'll hook a laptop up to my TV with an HDMI cable and call it a day.
How much is Sunday ticket for PC, anyway?

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Aug 16, 2006
The Oh-See, Fuck-Asses
How much is Sunday ticket for PC, anyway?
I think $300 or so. That's why this Madden deal is so fucking nuts. $100, you get the new Madden game, AND fucking Sunday Ticket? By my ultra-fancy math skills, that's about $260 in savings right there.

whiskeyguy

Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
I think I saw Sunday Ticket on sale for DirecTv subscribers for ~$150... and this is still a much better deal.

Apr 30, 2011
CLT
I think $300 or so. That's why this Madden deal is so fucking nuts. $100, you get the new Madden game, AND fucking Sunday Ticket? By my ultra-fancy math skills, that's about $260 in savings right there.
But the $300 price tag comes with the ability to watch any of the games on any of your receivers on your account in addition to the pc/mobile devices. What they are offering here is an upgrade package to the regular DTV Sunday Ticket package.

I have also read over the past few years on a satellite forum that almost no one ever pays full price for Sunday ticket, you can usually negotiate a better price.

It is nice to see that you don't have to sub to DTV at all to get this offer.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Aug 16, 2006
The Oh-See, Fuck-Asses
But the $300 price tag comes with the ability to watch any of the games on any of your receivers on your account in addition to the pc/mobile devices. What they are offering here is an upgrade package to the regular DTV Sunday Ticket package.

I have also read over the past few years on a satellite forum that almost no one ever pays full price for Sunday ticket, you can usually negotiate a better price.

It is nice to see that you don't have to sub to DTV at all to get this offer.
They usually get you to pay full price for the second year. You get Sunday Ticket for free for the first year, but then you get roped into a two year contract with DTV and the next year you're dropping full price for the service.

The contract with DTV ends after the '14 season (20 year contract established 1994, how old does that make you feel?) and the NFL is in talks with other providers for Sunday Ticket. Right now, the one courting the NFL is Google.
Which would fucking rule.

Apr 30, 2011
CLT
They usually get you to pay full price for the second year.
I should have clarified that I meant current directv customers, even ones that have not had accounts for years. Im sure if your account status was not good it would not apply, but it seems that all types get the deal slashed quite a bit, even like +50% off.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Aug 16, 2006
The Oh-See, Fuck-Asses
I should have clarified that I meant current directv customers, even ones that have not had accounts for years. Im sure if your account status was not good it would not apply, but it seems that all types get the deal slashed quite a bit, even like +50% off.
Oh, maybe so.
I gladly would have paid full price for DTV and Sunday Ticket alike, but I've got that goddamn line of sight issue, so I've got stupid Time Warner Cable, which means no football and no CBS and exorbitant fees for garbage programming.
Great.

Apr 30, 2011
CLT
Oh, maybe so.
I gladly would have paid full price for DTV and Sunday Ticket alike, but I've got that goddamn line of sight issue, so I've got stupid Time Warner Cable, which means no football and no CBS and exorbitant fees for garbage programming.
Great.
You live on the wrong side of a building or trees? Have you had a second opinion? Some rookie installers get lazy and just walk when its not an easy install.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Aug 16, 2006
The Oh-See, Fuck-Asses
You live on the wrong side of a building or trees? Have you had a second opinion? Some rookie installers get lazy and just walk when its not an easy install.
Trees. I live in an apartment complex with a bunch of trees and the install guy was out there for damn near twenty minutes trying to figure out an angle. The complex wouldn't let them put it up on the roof, which makes Crip El-Fuckedo.

whiskeyguy

Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Trees. I live in an apartment complex with a bunch of trees and the install guy was out there for damn near twenty minutes trying to figure out an angle. The complex wouldn't let them put it up on the roof, which makes Crip El-Fuckedo.
I lived in an Apartment complex that was the same way. Everyone on the south side of the buildings had satellite dishes, while everyone on the north side was fucked.

Biff Hardslab

I have the t-shirt
Jan 15, 2007
I had Sunday Ticket for the last two seasons. I'm not bothering with it this year.:

1.) You can't watch your local game on the IPad or iPhone or through Sunday Ticket. If its broadcast on your local station, you have to watch it there. That sucks. I live in the Bears market. If I have to go somewhere during the game, or not make it home in time for kickoff, I can't watch the game on my mobile device.

2.) I don't like feeling chained to my TV on Sundays watching games I don't care about in order to justify the expense of having them.

3.) With Sunday night football, Monday night football, Thursday night football, and bye weeks, there were times when there were only two afternoon games and they were broadcast on the local networks. It made Sunday Ticket pointless to pay for.

4.) Fuck the NFL. They get enough of my money and give Chris Collinsworth a job.

whiskeyguy

Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
When I was a kid, they use to blackout 49er games for us... we lived 250 miles north of San Francisco. That really annoyed me, but they don't seem to do that anymore. In fact they probably don't need to blackout the 49ers for anyone.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
My mom switched us to DirecTV for Sunday Ticket when it was free for a year as a birthday present for my brother and I. When she found out that it was $117 (or some shit, this was 96 iirc) for the year she cancelled and switched us back to cable. Thanks, mom.