Mafia 2!

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/814/814180p1.html
August 21, 2007 - Illusion Softworks is developing a follow-up to the 2004 gangland crime game Mafia.

Set in the 1940s and 1950s, Mafia 2 will feature "high octane gunplay with white knuckle driving and an engaging narrative," according to a press release by publisher 2K Games.

"As the original Mafia was a big success, we are excited to leverage the power of next generation console technology to create an all-new experience, while embracing the elements that resonated with the previous game's fans," said Christoph Hartmann, President of 2K. "The 'wow' factor of Mafia 2 is definitely the benchmark-setting visual quality and action that you expect to see only in Hollywood movies."

Illusion, based in Prague, Czech Republic, developed the original Mafia game and is also responsible for the Hidden and Dangerous and Vietcong series.

Mafia 2 is being developed for PC and "next-generation consoles," 2K said, but no specific platforms were mentioned.

This makes me happy in my pants. I fucking loved the first game. Hopefully this one will have some multiplayer.

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
staten
Thanx shooter, I found out about this earlier while at work and meant to start a thread but by the time I got home I forgot.

I LOVED the first one, great story, huge city, great graphics, incredibly fun and the fucking ending RULED!!!! Personally I dont give a shit if its multiplayer at all I am just stoked that this is coming out!!

BTW was that car race incredibly hard or was it just me?? :)

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005
Thanx shooter, I found out about this earlier while at work and meant to start a thread but by the time I got home I forgot.

I LOVED the first one, great story, huge city, great graphics, incredibly fun and the fucking ending RULED!!!! Personally I dont give a shit if its multiplayer at all I am just stoked that this is coming out!!

BTW was that car race incredibly hard or was it just me?? :)
It WAS hard. In fact in one of the patches for the game they tweaked it to make it easier, but even then it was still difficult. I had to download a trainer and cheat my way through that damn race.

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
staten
It WAS hard. In fact in one of the patches for the game they tweaked it to make it easier, but even then it was still difficult. I had to download a trainer and cheat my way through that damn race.
not me!

It just took me oooooooh about 60 times before I finally got it. I remember screaming like a fucking madman when I finally did it.... i also thought I had carpal tunnel from those fucking directional arrows on the keyboard.

I loved the fact that if you went over the speed limit in the game the cops would try and pull you over.... that and the cars actually had fucking gas gauges!!!

i am sooooo excited!!

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005
not me!

It just took me oooooooh about 60 times before I finally got it. I remember screaming like a fucking madman when I finally did it.... i also thought I had carpal tunnel from those fucking directional arrows on the keyboard.

I loved the fact that if you went over the speed limit in the game the cops would try and pull you over.... that and the cars actually had fucking gas gauges!!!

i am sooooo excited!!
That was a nice realistic approach. Because in most GTA clones you get pulled over and all of a sudden your weapons and some money is taken away and you spawn somewhere. You speed, you get pulled over, pay a ticket. Do too much shit, get arrested.

The cops were difficult to run from in Mafia because all the cars are slow. I did love the Extreme Free Ride thing with all those wacky cars though.

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005
Trailer (off screen, shit quality, if you can find a crisp one post it please)

[yt]OmVrVBmqYaU[/yt]

ScottyGams

Apr 26, 2007
NYC Metro Area, NJ
the first game was the first time I was wowed by a #D universe on my computer... the graphics were great for the time! In fact the game holds up pretty well! hoping for the best with the sequel!

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
The first one was amazing. Might have been one of the better stories in video game history. I just hope they don't dumb down the gameplay and realism for the stupid 360.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
It's being made with the console in mind. I hope this isn't going to be like GTA with a bunch of stupid power-ups hidden around he city.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
In another note. I hope they, at least, manage to keep the cinematic feel of the original.