Major vs. College vs. Minor

Which type of sporting even to you attend most often? Little league doesn't count.

• Total voters

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
Which sporting events do you attend most often? I've been looking at D-League Basketball / Arena Football since they have Austin teams and are a lot cheaper.

Aug 12, 2005
PA
I go to more minor league games. Mainly because they are closer and cheaper and can be just as entertaining. Usually baseball and hockey but we do have an arena league football team now that I wanna check out. I think there may be a basketball league in the works too.

Dec 25, 2005
NJ
I love minor league/semi pro sports. Cheap seats, good games. Tend to get annoyed with the $ whores involved in any pro sport.

I'm a prude/purist or something. Whatever.. watch the game, not the pages.

I've spent the majority of this summer racing against some real $ & won. Wht do I know?

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
Apr 13, 2005
Pretty Pretty Unicorn
I haven't been to a pro game in years. Last year though I went to a shit load of minor league hockey games. They ruled.

OfficerCornjob

Impossible to walk in this muck.
Aug 7, 2007
Imaginationland
Major by far.
I go to about 15 Devils home games a season, 5 or so Yankees games and a few Trenton Thunder/Lakewood Blueclaws minor games.

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
Dec 9, 2004
California
I go to minor league baseball and hockey. Closer, cheaper, better seats, and more fun.

norton23

Opie And Anthony Always Win In The End
Dec 1, 2002
TITLE TOWN BABY!!!
1.) Celtics at the garden (tdi banknorth)
2.) Fenway
3.) Gilette Stadium

in that order in terms of how many times I go to those venues

Dec 9, 2004
Baton Rouge
I prefer watching college.

When it comes to football, mostly it just that there are so many games the odds of seeing a great game is better, but for every great Pro Game i can think of I can name 4 college games that were just as exciting.

With basketball I like college because it is more of a team/skill game. In college a team of B players can beat a team with a superstar that everyone else feeds.

I don't watch baseball until the playoffs. I think the Pro Game is better to watch in baseball because there is more polish.

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
Pro for sure. I go to a bunch of Red Wings games a year, and few Tigers games. Next would actually be considered amateur I guess, since I try to make it to a few OHL games too. Last would be college, since I usually go to 1 or 2 Michigan football games and a couple Michigan hockey games too.

GoCamels

Hark the sound of Tar Heel voices...
Aug 19, 2005
Graveyard Of The Atlantic
I go to college games...because I can for FREE!!! Media Credentials are the only decent perk I have for my job...ACC Tournament, NCAA Tournament, etc...courtside seats and free food...don't get better than that.