Makin some Good Eats beef stew today

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
[video=youtube;gi6GtDxEC_8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi6GtDxEC_8[/video]

I'm 2 hours in to the meat braise at the moment.

Modifying the recipe by reducing the amount of onions, and adding celery and green onion.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
Alton rules. My wife turned me on to Good Eats.

LiddyRules

I Think I'll Eat An Apple
Ron and Fez turned me on to Alton Brown years ago in an interview, and Alton Brown turned me onto cooking. I never knew how great it could be.

BigStinkyStair

this is the best method for slow cooking beef imo
i use it for stew and a few other things too

CougarHunter

It was fucking fantastic. At the end, I poured in a half carton of beef stock to give some more liquid to it. One bowl left, and that will be given to a friend tomorrow.

It was alot of work, but it was honestly the best beef stew I have ever eaten.

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
The best things take time but the payoff is worth it.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Is there a link to the actual recipe?
Never mind I found it.

mills

I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness
I do the same thing with the paprika when I make beef stew - it's basically like marinating it in paprika. Everything else I put in is essentially the same too (no tomato though, just doesn't sound right). Cant wait to try out that braising method one of these days.

AmberLee

High Five Champion
Looks good. Annoyingly time consuming, but good.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Too bad I'm not a fan of the beef stew. Still watched the episode since it's alton.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
To those who made this, did you add the full amount of apple cider vinegar?

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Thanks for sparing me from the video. Who watches this annoying asshat? Say "uh" one more time, you pig-nosed fuck.
You go to Hell. You go to Hell and you die. Alton is God you pigfucker.

CougarHunter

Making another batch tomorrow. Adding in half a brisket along with approximately double the amount of beef back ribs for a nice triple batch. This should ensure there will be leftovers this time!

I already cooked the brisket tonight as per the usual way, after cutting it up into 2" X 2" cubes and browning just as I did the ribs. That way I will just have the ribs to do tomorrow and the final assembly.

Since I have all 14 seasons of Good Eats, I have been going back and watching several of them and have been trying out other recipes. What, you ask? Well that's a different post....

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
I've used his turkey brine/baby back ribs/leek soup/pizza dough recipes many times and everything I've ever made of his has come out very good.