Man Found Shot In The Head While In Patrol Car; Investigation Launched

Dec 8, 2004
Maine

Chavis Chacobie Carter

A 21-year-old man was shot in the head and killed while handcuffed in the back of a patrol car Saturday night. Now police have launched an investigation to determine what happened.

Chavis Carter was a passenger in a pickup truck that was stopped by police in Jonesboro, Ark., Saturday night, according to KAIT, an ABC-affiliated television station. An officer reportedly found some marijuana, and ran Carter's information. He was wanted on a warrant out of Mississippi, so officers placed him in a patrol car.

"As protocol, he was handcuffed behind his back, double-locked and searched," said Jonesboro Police Department Sgt. Lyle Waterworth in an interview with WREG-TV.

Just minutes later, police said they heard a thumping noise, turned around and found Carter shot in the head.

Waterworth said he thinks Carter pulled out a hidden gun and shot himself. “Any given officer has missed something on a search, you know, be it drugs, be it knives, be it razor blades," he said. "This instance, it happened to be a gun."

His mother, Teresa Carter, disagrees. "I think they killed him," she said. "My son wasn't suicidal."

Carter said she was also told her son was shot in the right temple, although he was left-handed. "I mean, I just want to know what really happened," she told WREG-TV. "That's all I want to know."

The two officers who were present when Carter was found shot were placed on administrative leave.
Link

Wonder if it was this guy... Man Hides Gun In Rectum: Michael Leon Ward Smuggled 10-Inch Weapon, Cops Say

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
Stinks of cover up. How do you shoot yourself in the head while your hands are behind your back, handcuffed, in the back of a police car?

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
Stinks of cover up. How do you shoot yourself in the head while your hands are behind your back, handcuffed, in the back of a police car?
Good point. Here's another coverup. This time, a five year old is handcuffed, and then the cuffs mysteriously open. I can't really explain how it happened, but I'm leaning towards aliens:
[yt]Xc_0QYWseuQ[/yt]

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
Good point. Here's another coverup. This time, a five year old is handcuffed, and then the cuffs mysteriously open. I can't really explain how it happened, but I'm leaning towards aliens:
[yt]Xc_0QYWseuQ[/yt]
So did the cops take off the cuffs and then claim he somehow got out of them? Was this man Alfred Borden? Why would you want to kill yourself just because the cops busted you with some drugs? Another soul claimed by victimless crimes.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
So did the cops take off the cuffs and then claim he somehow got out of them? Was this man Alfred Borden?
I just posted a video of a little kid picking a pair of cuffs in two seconds. It doesn't take any special talent. It's very easy to do.

You are claiming that the cops' claim is implausible, because it's impossible for a criminal to have learned to do what that little kid did. Please, think on that some more, try coming up with a better angle. This one is retarded.

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
I just posted a video of a little kid picking a pair of cuffs in two seconds. It doesn't take any special talent. It's very easy to do.

You are claiming that the cops' claim is implausible, because it's impossible for a criminal to have learned to do what that little kid did. Please, think on that some more, try coming up with a better angle. This one is retarded.
So he killed himself because they caught him with some marijuana? What is that a fine or a few weeks in jail? I'm not buying it.

JoeyDVDZ

That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!
Aug 20, 2004
I'm sort of with Kirk on this one. (God damn my eyes.) I don't think most criminals in cuffs locked in the back of a police cruiser would have the presence of mind to pick the cuffs, even if he had gear. In fact, I don't think the article says the guy didn't have his cuffs on when he mysteriously got lead poisoning.

Cops covering some shady shit up here.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
So he killed himself because they caught him with some marijuana? What is that a fine or a few weeks in jail? I'm not buying it.
I have no idea why he killed himself. Or even if he did kill himself. I just know that the scenario is perfectly plausible. Definitely more so than "a coverup". At worst, the two cops are lying, and the investigation will reveal it.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
It's not hard to get your hands moved to the front in cuffs.

I did it no problem. Well, it was a problem for the cop apparently

but that's another story. I'll wait to see what the investigation finds.

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
I have no idea why he killed himself. Or even if he did kill himself. I just know that the scenario is perfectly plausible. Definitely more so than "a coverup". At worst, the two cops are lying, and the investigation will reveal it.
Yeah, I'm sure they will investigate themselves real good. That would be like Holder investigating F&F.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
Yeah, I'm sure they will investigate themselves real good. That would be like Holder investigating F&F.
Gee, if only Police agencies had a dedicated and separate division which investigates police lawbreaking and misconduct, precisely to avoid cops investigating themselves. I guess you don't watch TV unless Alex Jones is on, huh?

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.
Reading is fundamental. He had a warrant out of another state. When I catch somebody that has an out of state warrant dispatch contacts the county where the warrant has been issued and asks if they want them picked up. If the state he was wanted in said "yes", he must of done something bad enough to be held. They don't send deputies hundreds of miles to pick up habitual jaywalkers with bench warrants.

It's likely the state police will conduct an investigation. I have no idea about Arkansas, but round these parts if you fuck up and the state patrol finds out you fucked up, you are fucked. Hence the love/hate relationship between the locals and our detectives.

Top Bottom